It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

in a few months i will be living like a king, well worth they suffering last 6 years. imo well worth it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

Betcha the middle class workers don’t mind the “crumbs” though after having received absolutely nothing during the previous administration’s tenure.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
yeah yeah yeah... i'm an out of touch elitist because i think a one-time bonus that will be taxed is a crappy way to pass on the tax savings to worker who have been languishing in low-income hell for decades. god forbid wal-mart workers actual get a wage and set number of hours to give them a livable income so they can get off assistance. god forbid in our sacred free market companies should actually have to pay workers enough to live.

listen snowflakes, i grew up lower class. i'm still barely middle class. i do work for a living. $1000 sounds like a lot but it disappears in a snap when you're already living on the edge.

come back to me in 20 years when most of you have fallen down into the lower class with the rest of us peons, because the elites are more than happy to let everyone be ground down to the bottom as long as they get to keep more money than they know what to do with in a hundred lifetimes.

america is sick in the head when it comes to this stuff, and if you deny that over and over again it's because you secretly think someday you'll be one of the ones on top. good luck with that!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Can you list all the lower tax bills that democrats have pushed through in the past few decades?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nancy is a millionaire. 15th highest ranked member of Congress, by wealth, so if she wants to pass out a bonus then she needs to get to work. Otherwise, she needs to shut her feminist clap trap.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

This is what happens in a booming economy. No matter how much you hate and detest Trump, he's the best president we've had for the economy. That's reason enough to sing in the streets if that's your thing. I prefer to sit back and enjoy life.

Seen the latest DOW?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

Right about what? That 20% or more pay raise and 1000 dollar where you have none is peanuts? What do you suggest is right then?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Can you list all the lower tax bills that democrats have pushed through in the past few decades?

that has literally nothing to do with how companies like wal-mart have chosen to pass on their massive savings, now does it.

ETA: absolutely, democrats are complicit in allowing the elite to grind down the working class. the major parties are beholden to corporations to a disgusting level on both sides of the aisle. when i say america's culture is sick in this regard, i mean america, not the republicans.
edit on 12-1-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So the fact that we little people are actually getting something is a bad thing in your opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

It makes you wonder if the people clamoring for Oprah are already filthy rich, or not too bright. She would most certainly increase taxes dramatically, and impose choking regulations on everything, in order to "save the planet".

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

yeah yeah yeah... i'm an out of touch elitist because i think a one-time bonus that will be taxed is a crappy way to pass on the tax savings to worker who have been languishing in low-income hell for decades. god forbid wal-mart workers actual get a wage and set number of hours to give them a livable income so they can get off assistance. god forbid in our sacred free market companies should actually have to pay workers enough to live.

listen snowflakes, i grew up lower class. i'm still barely middle class. i do work for a living. $1000 sounds like a lot but it disappears in a snap when you're already living on the edge.

come back to me in 20 years when most of you have fallen down into the lower class with the rest of us peons, because the elites are more than happy to let everyone be ground down to the bottom as long as they get to keep more money than they know what to do with in a hundred lifetimes.

america is sick in the head when it comes to this stuff, and if you deny that over and over again it's because you secretly think someday you'll be one of the ones on top. good luck with that!

Yea, it's like winning the lottery when it's only 40 million. They would tax the hell out of it, and you really wouldn't be getting that much.

Yes, you are severely out of touch.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said the bonuses being handed out to workers by businesses across the country following the passing of the Republican tax act are mere "crumbs." 

“In terms of the bonus that corporate America receives, versus the crumbs they are giving to workers to put the schmooze on is so pathetic. It's so pathetic,” Pelosi said during a press briefing on Thursday.

This is straight from the Communist Manifesto. No matter what good things happen for the proletariat, convince them that they are really being emiserated. No matter how good the standard of living is for you, the real story is how rich the bougie capitalist are getting on your backs. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
ay.

Already this new year, over 2 Million employees across America are receiving bonuses and pay-raises, due to the President Trump/Republican 2018 Tax Reform Bill. Announced today: Walmart employees will get a $1,000 bonus and a pay-raise to $11 @ hour, for everyone who is earning less now.

She's right,
the 14% reduction for business will now last until God knows when...so?.
Walmart, didn't make a big statement about those they will be paying off either, and it doesn't have fair trade agreements, you can buy a pair of jeans from Chinese sweat shops, (you know China, where pumpkin head also buys from)in Asda here for £8...that's a finished product probably near enough to what a Walmart worker get's per hour, which isn't really all that great anyway. In any case, Walmart has a history of tax avoidance, including property tax...they just don't want to pay taxes when they can get away with it. Walmart likely does not even own a deal of it's properties, that gives even more opportunity to play the tax system....big business has clout, working guys who pay out of their earnings have far fewer parameters to work with.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

K~

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

she's right.

$1,000 is far from "crumbs" to most people. Please, consider this a direct contradiction of whatever dribbled out of Pelosi's insipid little mouth.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
As someone who has had financial issues in my past a crumb would have most definitely helped the pain if only for a short time.

Is she going to hand out crumbs?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

she's right.

$1,000 is far from "crumbs" to most people. Please, consider this a direct contradiction of whatever dribbled out of Pelosi's insipid little mouth.

More propaganda, it's not worth shiite and it will be taxed anyway.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Mmmm.... hypocrisy! When Obama passed a "stimulus" package that gave individuals up to $600, married couples up to $1200, and Social Security Recipients $300, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
www.thebalance.com...

This is honestly just too goddamned easy at this point, folks. It truly is like playing chess against a pigeon.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
She always seems to do well.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is worth $26.4 million
www.businessinsider.com...-rep-nancy-pelosi-d-calif-is-worth-264-million-3

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

If a store doesnt make money should it be made to stay open under ownership financing just so people dont throw a fit?

What metrics would you rather see used to determine if stores are financially viable, since you seem to disagree with wal marts choices?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join