It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
some people are never happy.

the meme about Trump curing cancer and people complaining he put oncologists out of work is becoming reality

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
originally posted by: carewemust

How many people are getting bonuses or pay raises? Multiple that by $1000 plus hourly increases.

That's not crumbs.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
originally posted by: carewemust

How many people are getting bonuses or pay raises? Multiple that by $1000 plus hourly increases.

That's not crumbs.

Actually $400,000,000 to the heirs of a megacorporation collectively worth 89.5 billion is crumbs and it's especially crumbs on the individual level. Please tell me what a significant difference of quality in your life you will see with an extra $2.77 per day, I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Should they not still make a profit? Should someone feel guilty for being profitable? What number, exactly is enough for you? How did you arrive at that figure?

I mean...almost half a billion. Will anything short if anarchy suffice?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
ya wal mat gave $1000 dollar bonuses and gave raised, they also let a bunch of employees go and announce the closing of quite a few sam's clubs and walmart stores... matter of fact, I seem to hearing about quite a few big layoffs of late.

end of the year bonuses are quite common and I question the extent that the tax cuts playing in those given out this year.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

All brands are closing stores. The new game is online sales.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Here is a list of all the tax cuts that aren't pathetic from leftists and democrats like Pelosi. . . . . . .

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

i don't make much more than minimum wage and that small increase means the last day or 2 before i get my next pay check i will still be eating. this year i will be debt free house will be paid off and i cant wait. 80+ a month is a lot for a poor man like me who doesn't get on the government assistance programs.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

$5K crumb for me. No what I'd call pathetic but I'm sure the 1% sees it that way.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I absolutely love that the Democratic platform today is:

Jobs for America is bad
Raises and bonuses for American workers is bad
Working people keeping more of the money they earn is bad

Good luck with that message!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212

i don't make much more than minimum wage and that small increase means the last day or 2 before i get my next pay check i will still be eating. this year i will be debt free house will be paid off and i cant wait. 80+ a month is a lot for a poor man like me who doesn't get on the government assistance programs.

Well I commend you on apparently mastering the art of the budget but I'm also sad that we live in a society that thinks it's acceptable for any human being to live that way. Living check to check hoping and praying that no unforeseen emergencies pop up that would force you to choose between feeding yourself and keeping a roof over your head or getting that broken arm properly repaired. Oh look at that I got a flat tire well that's about $150-250 and I have to fix it or otherwise I can't make it to work then I lose my job. I sure am glad I got that extra $83 to help me out. That's just one example of an expensive pop up emergency that could crumble your entire world if your living paycheck to paycheck.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It has always been this way for everyone.

Its nice to dream....but the reality is that life is hard and people struggle. We all do. Except a few.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for all the leftists to announce a substantial tax cut to out-do Trump's tax cut.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It has always been this way for everyone.

Its nice to dream....but the reality is that life is hard and people struggle. We all do. Except a few.

What a defeatist attitude that is. Like life is just hard and we shouldn't fight to make it better, we shouldn't strive to close the wealth inequality gap because that's just the way it is. The rich are rich for a reason so they must deserve it and god has ordained that only they shall enjoy the full benefits that this world has to offer. So if a corporation makes it's fortune off the back of poorly/barely paid foreign labor that is a stones throw away from slavery we should just accept it because obviously the CEO's and board members worked hard for their 6/7 figure salaries. Thanks for the peanuts, I guess it reminds us just how much better the American worker has it, We make $8.75 an hour vs .35 cent per hour. Yeah baby we're winning over here. MAGA and god bless Merica woooo!
edit on 12-1-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Seems like just last year Nancy was on her soapbox screaming about how $20 for contraceptives was causing women undue hardships and lifetime servitude.

Now $1000 is peanuts for everyone.

That QE1, QE2, QE3, QE(forever) really decimated the value of the dollar.

Or Nancy is simply pandering to her base as usual.

Must be heard again.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Nancy Pelosi Says Bonuses Pay-Raises Triggered by 2018 Tax Reform are Pathetic Crumbs.

That thing Pelosi champions called social security is a pathetic crumb.

That thing Pelosi champions called food stamps is a pathetic crumb.

That thing Pelosi champions called the Affordable care Act is a pathetic crumb and we all should thank her for the privilege of being forced to buy that corporate product called healthcare.

Pelosi is a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If she ever needs a real job....pest eradication seems to be in order. I mean damn, you could hang small pictures of her under your home and the vermin would move out.....post haste.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
she's right.

i notice you don't offer anything to contradict her, just some personal attacks.

yes, she is right. to a millionaire, a thousand bucks is crumbs. To some guy like me, it's a nice chunk of change.
But being a republican, I know nothing of the millionaire ways, like you must, you know, being a democrat and all. Do they make you work for your money, or just send you a check? just curious.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If only they would have waited 2 or 3 weeks to announce the wage increase and bonuses, the store closings wouldn't have been made into such a big deal. I think it was crappy PR the way it was handled. If those bonuses and raises were being given because of the tax cuts, then Walmart really screwed up an opportunity here. Or, did they do this intentionally?

By the way, those Sam's employees were given NO notice whatsoever making it look as if Walmart did this totally on the fly. Some came to work yesterday morning only to be told they no longer had a job.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Remember you are talking about a woman who has a noble job in which twenty-five thousand dollars in personal expenses a week are necessary to keep us imejucated people safe and sound, to ensure our country enjoys laws that are blind to socioeconomic status, and to dedicate an appropriate number of hours to a work week while congress is in session, keeping constant watch over any needed checks and balances in alternate branches and monitoring her party for anyone who might actually try to pull a fast one on the nation and benefit monetarily from a congressional position or take bribes for votes...I mean, duhhhh! You can't NOT open and read proposed legislative bills without that two hour $1200.00 lunch which may as well be a chatitablr outing each day given that 4$ I bet she leaves in quarters under her plate for a lucky someone! What a class act and what a system, it just oozes honor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join