It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Tour of the Galactic Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
A Tour of the Galactic Center

The video if of NASA's new with a 360 degree view of the Milky Way Galaxy. This was made from Nasa’s Chandra X-ray Observatory- more here. There the section of the universe is being studied by the use of infrared and x-rays.

From the Observatory but a lower quality copy.

NASA - Chandra

I'm enjoying all of the imagery coming out as of late of planets-namely Jupiter, was interesting to find this.

edit on 12-1-2018 by dreamingawake because: vid error

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Get off my lawn!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
One day a creature that eats those things will manifest. And it might look like Ray Kurzweil....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That was cool.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What's interesting is that there were a few Science Fiction books which talked about advanced civilizations 'near the Galactic Center or Galactic Core', as though that's where they'd gather.

We now know that this location would be very hazardous, lots of radiation, particle collisions, impacts.

However, we also know that there are SMBH in the Galactic cores which is a very large source of potential energy. So a super-advanced Galactic civilization might set up here, with appropriate protections and force fields to tap into this source of energy (perhaps a Matrioshka Brain)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Love the 360 degree Galaxy video just wish I had VR to get immersed in it.

edit on 12-1-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is almost like the inside of a drop of water, with lots of particulates and microbes just floating about.

top topics

join