It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumplethinskin Cancels London Visit, Blaming Obama With A Lie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

As for security concerns that's over rated London is very safe area it's not like this embassy is in Afganistan.

It's the American Embassy so it is a beacon for any wannabe terrorist who wants to make a name for themselves , London is relatively safe but the "ethnic diversity" of the capital also makes it a prime breeding ground for Jihadists.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

As for security concerns that's over rated London is very safe area it's not like this embassy is in Afganistan.

It's the American Embassy so it is a beacon for any wannabe terrorist who wants to make a name for themselves , London is relatively safe but the "ethnic diversity" of the capital also makes it a prime breeding ground for Jihadists.

I'm assuming you have never been to London. Buckingham palace is about 2 kilometers from the old site. The least likely place in the entire city to be attacked is this area. The new embassy is a much easier target since its a much lower priority to the British people. The entire reason that area was chosen was security during world war 2. That area is full of cameras and police being the residence of the queen who arguably is the biggest terrorist target in the world.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I didnt read this whole thread.

But look, if trump is claiming he canceled his trip because of the embassy, that is a lie.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I didnt read this whole thread.

But look, if trump is claiming he canceled his trip because of the embassy, that is a lie.

Of course it is more then likely his feelings are hurt not getting a royal invite to the wedding.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I'm assuming you have never been to London.

I'm English of course I've been to London , I know London quite well and in the course of my job have driven a truck around London often (not fun) , I also have friends who live in Camden.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Of course it is more then likely his feelings are hurt not getting a royal invite to the wedding.

Too bad he didnt get an invite, then he could have given them an awesome wedding gift like Philthadelphia or Camden.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: theantediluvian

1.2B for an embassy ? lol.....

i suppose $40,000 dollar hammers were used to build it as well....

The cost is due to:

1.) London land prices being among the most expensive anywhere in the world

and

2.) The security. Quite simply, it is the most secure embassy anywhere in the world.

I have to admit though, no.2 suprises me. I mean, why does the US London embassy need to be the most secure embassy anywhere in the world? Without looking into it, you would imagine the staff at the US embassy in Kabul were hoping for that accolade!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Probably pussy hats or eggs would fly and whingers would howl and cry and hold up mouth painted posters whilst choking on vegan sandwiches.

That gave me a little chuckle. But what's a pussy hat, and would they outperform an egg in mid-air?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
He probably canceled because they cant stock enough big-macs on air force one.
He probably canceled because London is a class act and he is an embarrassment.
He probably canceled so he could stay in bed and fantasize about Hillary. After all he mentions her more than he does his wife.

If his physical examination today turns out to show he's the healthiest president ever. Which im sure it will, ha ha ha ha ha , MacDonald's should prepare for lines and lines of conservatives to show up for their health food.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Who can blame them for not wanting him, they would have to manage the large crowds of protesters, which cost plenty. Rex Tillerson will go in his place.
Additionally, he's not exactly the favorite son of Theresa May, since he posted all that racist tirade from British First, which May said was 'the wrong thing to do".

BTY, Bush moved the embassy in 2008 for security reasons before Obama took office.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The decision to move was under Bush. The sale was made under Obama, as Trump said. Liar.

WHEN DID THE UNITED STATES SELL THE OLD EMBASSY? In 2009, when Barack Obama was president, the United States agreed to sell its embassy in Mayfair to the Gulf investor Qatari Diar for an undisclosed sum to help fund a new embassy.

The embassy says the new building was funded entirely by the proceeds of the sale of other U.S. government properties in London, not through appropriated funds. Local media reported the old building was sold for 500 million pounds.

Reuters has not been able to independently verify the valuation.

Source

edit on 12-1-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

HA!

No, I don't think so. He did not come, because the British public have made it perfectly clear that we do not want the Tangerine Tyrant anywhere near our country, and CERTAINLY not at our taxpayers expense, which any official state visit would necessitate an uptick in. Furthermore, the population of the UK, with very few exceptions, has, when commenting on the matter, been staunchly against the idea of permitting the man to spend time legitimising himself before the world, in the company of our Queen, which a state visit would also ordinarily entail.

Frankly, the only interaction people of taste and discernment want with that bloviating sack of cat vomit, is the sort which involves his being ejected from the surface of the world, toward the all consuming sun, there to burn away and trouble this world no more. We certainly do not want that tasteless, gutter dwelling peon on the soil of our country, thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I was worried about you for a bit, your last anti Trump thread didn't even have any insults. Trumplethinskin, Delicate Donnie, hahahahahahaha!

You took a page right out of Trumps book with the names here.

Don't ever let the constant trigger you have subside, I would miss these Trump living rent free in your head threads dearly.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It seems some in the UK are worried about their own leaders immaturity, since we're one of their largest investors. Money talks and BS walks.

Boris Johnson , the Conservative Foreign Secretary, disagreed. He pointed out that the US is the biggest single investor in the UK, and claimed Mr Khan and Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn “seem determined to put this crucial relationship at risk”.

Attacking Mr Khan, he said: “We will not allow US-UK relations to be endangered by some puffed up pompous popinjay”.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

Are you comparing citizens of England to the KKK? SMH. Poor liddle Trumpkin.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Going to London is a distraction and time consumer.
The President has a lot to do right here.

America First!

Oh please, what can he not accomplish in London, that he can at Mara Largo?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly, The Queen wants ZERO to do with trump. That is a first. Yet trumpkins don't see that. For the first time ever, the Queen literally wants NOTHING to do with the POTUS. That should speak volumes. How blind are his followers?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

originally posted by: carewemust

Going to London is a distraction and time consumer.
The President has a lot to do right here.

America First!

Oh please, what can he not accomplish in London, that he can at Mara Largo?

And anyway, it might be over by the time he got there if they had it in the morning, since he doesn't show up for work now until 11:00 a.m. Heh.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You can bash trump all you want. 1 year ago I started in the stock market with a 10k loan. Today I have almost a million dollars... one million... I was in a # apartment with a # life, now I'm actually comfortable for once. Not in a dank basement with god knows what crawling around me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join