It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumplethinskin Cancels London Visit, Blaming Obama With A Lie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
1. yes the liberal media hates Trump
2. yes he lies so to seem hes always right or 'knew' something
3. yes, no matter what he says he will be defended on ats
4. yes, no matter what he says he will be defended on ats
5. thanks Obama.

May I add no 6 :

And yes, certain people need to get a real kind of life instead of consecrating their sad lives to political shilling and trolling...

Right, time for me to go out and get some fresh air with the dogs...

If you can’t do it then open your window or purchase a gimp mask if you live in the city!

Warmest respects

Lagomorphe
edit on 12-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes the US sold this embassy under Obama and frankly it's a shame. It was sold to a Qatar prince to turn it in to an upscale hotel never mind the history involved. Grosvenor Square has housed the US embassy since 1938, and during the second world war the square was known as Little America because it was Gen Dwight D Eisenhower’s headquarters and other US operations were based there. The current embassy, topped by a gilded bald eagle with a wingspan of more than 11 metres, opened in 1960. Thus is an upscale area and instead the US embassy is being moved to nine elms area in london. They are trying to renevate the area used to be industrial complexes most closed decades ago. But this area doesn't have the historic significance of the old embassy and just not as accessible last time I was there the underground wasn't even running to that area yet. That's probably changed now I'm sure someone here from London would know.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yes the US sold this embassy under Obama and frankly it's a shame. It was sold to a Qatar prince to turn it in to an upscale hotel never mind the history involved. Grosvenor Square has housed the US embassy since 1938, and during the second world war the square was known as Little America because it was Gen Dwight D Eisenhower’s headquarters and other US operations were based there. The current embassy, topped by a gilded bald eagle with a wingspan of more than 11 metres, opened in 1960. Thus is an upscale area and instead the US embassy is being moved to nine elms area in london. They are trying to renevate the area used to be industrial complexes most closed decades ago. But this area doesn't have the historic significance of the old embassy and just not as accessible last time I was there the underground wasn't even running to that area yet. That's probably changed now I'm sure someone here from London would know.

👍👍👍

Many certain muppets will sadly not read your post which might educate them!

Warmest respects

Lagomorphe
edit on 12-1-2018 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Trump's probably got better things to do than visit a country where many people don't like him plus a state that doesn't know where it's going. USA gives us loads of help over the years, to be honest I don't know why they let us have Trident and F35 plus us the intelligence help we get when masses don't like the USA. Best bet for USA ditch Britain and stay with your trusted allies. That's from a Brit.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I cant believe how we are living paycheck to paycheck and they are spending a billion $$$ on one efing building.

Where is the outrage about that? LOL What a stupid thread.

Would have been different if the original one was falling down
No , Obama sold that one for pennies and built him a brand spankin new one for 1.2 Billion
That is 1,200,000,000 of US citizen's tax money
I guess the left wing foreign citizens just cant resist any form of pop-shot at Trump . And they are out in droves right now...

edit on 1/12/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The decision to sell it was made by George Bush.

The decision came about out of terror concerns and the inability to ensure the safety of the diplomats and the Marines required to guard the embassy.

Additionally, the number of Marines needed jumped so high, they could not comfortably house the number of Marines needed.

The property sold raised over a billion dollars which paid for the construction of the new one.

The new one has the most modern security features our diplomats, guests and Marines deserve. It has also been extremely well received in the area, many of the gardens are outside the security perimeter, on purpose, for use by the people in that area of London.

The Marine barracks are modern and spacious, akin to a business hotel, the minimum they deserve.

Trump isn't going out of protest about the sale, he is not going for the same reason he didn't go in May. Mass protests were planned in England upon his arrival: "Show your rump to Trump."

President Snowflake is scared of protesters. Snowflake must be worshiped.

And he can forget an invite to the royal wedding. He once said he's sleep with Lady Di ("the model") but only if she got an AIDS test first.

Perhaps the Snowbirds here can get a hold of some facts every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You gotta admit, the dude is worth his weight in entertainment value.

Never in my life have i laughed while cringing so much.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I cant believe how we are living paycheck to paycheck and they are spending a billion $$$ on one efing building.

Where is the outrage about that? LOL What a stupid thread.

Paid for by sale of the old embassy.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

That's a lovely pic you've got there for Trumplethinskin. Which was quite the poignant remark as well.

OH MY GOSH! I missed funny threads like this and nearly killed my account yesterday with Q-tips. Anyway. Just try not to stay away too long next time and keep em coming!

edit on 12-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Going to London is a distraction and time consumer.
The President has a lot to do right here.

America First!

Wow, just wow.

I'd agree, if he were staying to do something here. And if he didn't screw up so many things he does attempt to do.

He didn't go in May, he ain't going now, he ain't ever going anywhere he won't be received without protest, so it is either Moscow, NY, FLA or DC for the "leader of the free world."

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It sounds like you are describing obamakins, son of satan

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Obama s whole life is a lie

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Obama sold that one for pennies and built him a brand spankin new one for 1.2 Billion

On further investigation it turns out that isn't true , the building and land is owned by the Duke of Westminster and leased to the US.

The Americans have embassies all around the world. In every case they buy the land first and then build their embassy. The Americans assumed that this would be possible in England; hence they asked the Duke of Westminster, who owned Grosvenor Square, how much they would have to pay to buy the freehold of the land.

However, what they did not know is that the Grosvenor family never sell. Their vast wealth is based precisely on this simple fact; they own their 300 acres of central London including most of Belgravia and Mayfair, not to mention land holdings all over the world. All the houses and offices on this land are leased; their freeholds are never sold. When the Americans were told the news, they insisted that that was unacceptable, therefore petitioning to Parliament in order to force the Duke to sell.

The Duke then thought of a new compromise. He told the furious Americans whether they were prepared to return to the Grosvenor family all those lands in the USA that were stolen after the American War of Independence, then he would allow the Americans to buy their site on the west side of Grosvenor Square.
londinoupolis.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

He doesnt screw up that much (yet)

He just has to deal with an army of traitors who would rather damage our reputation with gossip than figure out how to lead our nation in spite if any challenges they think they are facing.

Apparently in the DNC, Hate trumps Nation.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Lol classic

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The old Embassy was in Mayfair which is an expensive area of London...

Mayfair!? Fake news! A hairy-handed gent that'd run amuck in Kent has lately been overheard in Mayfair.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Thank you for your remarkably erudite and effective contributions to the discussion.

Could you please explain what any of this subject has to do with Obama? As, it has been explained many times now, the London Embassy closure and relocation decision was made by Bush, not Obama.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Childish title but I clicked anyway. Can't this guy do what he wants? And please don't tell me the left lot would give him warm welcome. You wouldn't. Probably pussy hats or eggs would fly and whingers would howl and cry and hold up mouth painted posters whilst choking on vegan sandwiches.

He'll turn up for an official visit and I hope those pathetic marshmellow brains won't embarrass the rest of the Brits.

Nobody cares when far worse leaders visit the UK, which shows me that you lot know nothing and have no actual reasons for behaving so infantile. It's all a big game for you or you'd go into politics yourself and see if you can bring something better to the table.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It is true the lease was for 999 years they sold the lease so the new owners have a long time with their luxury hotel. The original idea on where to move the US embassy was going to be chelsea barracks when that went up for sale but again Qatar won the bid on that as well. Beginning to wonder if they don't own half of london.

As for security concerns that's over rated London is very safe area it's not like this embassy is in Afganistan. So from a historical standpoint it was a dumb move. Grosvenor square is one of London's finest addresses and the embassy was very prominent and hugely well connected to businesses and professionals who live and work in the area. This deal is like selling 100 million dollar mansion in Hollywood to move in to a 50000 shack in the Florida everglades.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Thank you for your remarkably erudite and effective contributions to the discussion.

Could you please explain what any of this subject has to do with Obama? As, it has been explained many times now, the London Embassy closure and relocation decision was made by Bush, not Obama.

Thin skin when ever Trump I'd attacked out pops Hillary or Obama attack. Gets rather old because both sides do it grow up people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join