It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Haiti, put your money where your ‘offense’ is

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I've always wanted to visit Haiti,since i was a wee kiddie,always felt drawn to the place,as i have always felt drawn to NO and the bayous..never could afford to visit those places,well i have never been able to travel anywhere except the neighbouring country.I don't care if a place is a craphole,if i wanted to visit there i would,given the finances.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: YungMahn

the truth hurts, if crap hole countries were treated as equals with non crap hole countries ,then they would have no incentive to improve because they would believe that they aren`t crap holes.
giving people EBT cards doesn`t make them law abiding tax paying, civilved americans it just makes them THINK they are so they never try to improve .

Arguably the dumbest thing I've ever read on ATS in some time.

But sometimes the truth hurts.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
2 Of my nephews spent time in Haiti with the US Army after the earthquake. You couldn't pay them enough to go back.

It's a Spit hole on a good day

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Dreamers, deceivers and white treason
-sisters of mercy

Youve been tricked by stanley pain

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

After tha false cries of racism over the last decade, thinly veiled just doesnt cut it anymore.

The left should use words correctly instead of emotionally. Otherwise logical people feel their arguments lose credibility

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn
a reply to: bluechevytree

Trump is the leader of the United States, what he says actually has power. Him referring to other nations as #holes is offensive and insulting. He’s not just some random person off the street.

Also, that last part isn’t true at all.

Heres the thing: its not on film. He didnt say it to the public. He said it durimg a private meeting. Meaning the remarks were not intended for publuc consumption.

Was it crude? Yea. But hes not wrong, nor were any if us intended to ever hear it.

Had one of the dems in the meeting not blabbed it to the press, no one would know. To me, running to a reporter after that meeting shows a lack of concern for how our nation is presented to the world. Trump didnt hurt our reputation by speaking privately. The leaker did by sharing private information.

Your outrage is misplaced. Blame the person who hates Trump more than they love America.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If Haitians believe it to be offensive, does that add credibility?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am sure there are good people there that would make great citizens, that said there are also a lot of people there that would fit in perfectly in gangs, and the govt is so utterly corrupt it can barely function even when people are dying from natural disasters.

In short it is a Spit hole, it will remain one for the foreseeable future until the good people of hati decide to clean house.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Trump tells us quite regularly about how the press and democrats are gunning for him and then says something like that?

Woe is him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Haitians were not meant to hear it. The individual who leaked the private comments bears the blame for the result if that action. Isnt this what we tell our children about gossip?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Trump tells us quite regularly about how the press and democrats are gunning for him and then says something like that?

Woe is him.

Perhaps.

But then again...hes proven right now isnt he?

And still...the person to blame is the gossiper. The rat who put hate before nation.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

hes proven right now isnt he?

Yep, and that is honestly what I’m most scared of.

This battle against the press and ultimately the “deep state”, no matter how justified, may not end well for anyone.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I would love to ask a haitian, what upsets you more, trumps comment about haiti, or Hillarys actions that actuiaally hurt the country.

Given how vocal many haitians were about how much damage did, I am guessing they would chose the latter.

Now the wealthy people on the left that will never set foot in haiti, they clearly by a large magnitude think trumps words are worse.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Overturning whatever forces have been leading our nation and victimizing the world is worth almost anything.

Imo, the future of humanity depends on it.

If Trump is that guy, i cant say. But i would support his effort to do so if he would fire Jeff Sessions.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The answers would be interesting, for sure.

Botswana have issued a statement on Trump’s comments..

Link

edit on 12/1/18 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I’m concerned a few freedoms will be lost on the way.

But that’s for another thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Thank you for proving my point

Those comments were not intended for public consumption, and leaking them is damaging our nation.

Trump isnt the problem. The traitorous DNC is. Now there is an international fire to put out thanks to their gossiping and purposeful effort to derail our governments efforts.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

All of those are directed at specific people, not a mere place. Unless one considers what comes out of a S***H**e...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Overturning whatever forces have been leading our nation and victimizing the world is worth almost anything.

Imo, the future of humanity depends on it.

If Trump is that guy, i cant say. But i would support his effort to do so if he would fire Jeff Sessions.

I agree. I may be grasping at straws, but as frustrating as Sessions has been, you'd better have far...FAR more proof than the average to ensure convictions when your Department is full of judges that would dismiss on a technicality at the first opportunity and have double jeopardy come into play.....
edit on 12-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Xtrozero

All of those are directed at specific people, not a mere place. Unless one considers what comes out of a S***H**e...

To me it seems less offensive to call a mere place a sh@thole than it is to directly verbally attack a person. I can call Haiti a sh@thole and people would understand why, but get "Trumptriggered" TM, or I could say to a President "your mother is a whore" and that is OK since you know it is not towards a country...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join