It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Grambler

So for those that dont know, trump said in a non public meeting today, trump asked why we leave so many people in from S***hole countries.

Maybe, it's because people from A-Star countries don't want to leave their home to find a better place to live?

Migrants generally come to the US for a better life, not for a worse life.

But wait, by you saying america is a crappier place than those other countries,

according to the many outraged at trump,

arent you being racist to americans?

I think this gives me an idea for another thread...
edit on 11-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xenon129

Seriously, what's the answer?

Trump haters loves the world so much they should open their own doors and take them in and feed them,cloth them,educate them.

Instead of acting like national sovereignty doesn't exist.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't worry neo I will be there to get you some tissues when your hero let's you down.

You can blame it on the deep state in November when his personality disorder destroys any chance of progress we had..

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Calling a %hole a %hole is not a big deal.

Not being open to helping people from %holes is a big deal.

The 1st world has been taking a giant dump on the 3rd world for decades.

.....Who'd ve thought there would be blow back?

Then why would we let them in if there will be blow back?

Trump didn't take a giant dump on them.
That would be Obama, Bush x 2, and both Clintons.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

I think sometimes he says things like that just to see how many anti-Trump folks just lose their freakin' minds and start screaming at the sky.

Well they are the triggerables.

From 0 to triggered faster than Oprah can kiss Weinstein.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Don't worry neo I will be there to get you some tissues when your hero let's you down.

Someone is overestimating their importance.

You can blame it on the deep state in November when his personality disorder destroys any chance of progress we had..

The culprit is a political party hell bent on power at any cost.

link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: xenon129

Seriously, what's the answer?

Trump haters loves the world so much they should open their own doors and take them in and feed them,cloth them,educate them.

Instead of acting like national sovereignty doesn't exist.

The proof is right in this thread that the Outrageous Ones never cared about the the people of the third world / CHicago, unless it involves scoring political points.

They've had their chance for pages YEARS now.

edit on 11-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

if they don't like what he said they are free to go there on vacation. haiti ,mexico and the others are cesspoos because of rampant corruption at all levels and not only from gov but from church, and drug cartels.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How many years was the Clinton Foundation in Haiti, and look at the SNIP that surrounded it.

They indeed have had their chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All I was really trying to do herein was break their worship of Obama + Hillary, as usual, but damn this topic is really depraved the further it goes on and they further prove the dont care about all the people they hurt.

It's really sad.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Only America sees toppling a government that isn't aligned in it's interests as a good thing, for example. Like Mugawebe or however he spells him name, they coined a term. It's called Banana Republic. It's how Castro came into power.

Only America?... really?... So China didn't invade Tibet, China has not threatened Taiwan if they try to write a Constitution and seek "independence"? not to mention meddling with other nations in other ways, including Vietnam... It was the Chinese who started the Vietnam war... So the Old Soviet union did not invade Afghanistan, and Russia did not invade Crimea?

BTW, the castros not only sent money, but they sent Cuban forces to train and fight in other nations and to topple those nations to implement "communism" in said nations...

Plenty of countries have tried to topple other nations.

Now we have the left worldwide also trying to tell Americans who we should choose for President, and how we should be ran... It seems to me plenty of people are doing, or have done what you claim "only America does"...

edit on 11-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

All of the above got nothing on the USA since the Korean War (foreign policy, not domestic).

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the truth hurts, if you let # hole countries think that they are equal to all other countries then they will have no incentive to improve.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh and btw, I was born in Cuba and lived part of my life there and i admit Cuba is a s#eethole thanks to communism...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
He's right. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
It is amazing to me how the world can change so much in the blink of an eye.

I just don't get it.

How quickly we forget...

Trump, his personality, what he says, it is all backwards to me.
It goes against everything I was taught growing up.

And it is getting worse...

Like a slow motion train wreck.
But that is just my opinion.

Yep. I know people, good citizens, that would not be allowed in to our country today. Thank goodness they escaped as refugees in the late 1980's early 1990's.

I was raised to love everyone, all races and all creeds and kinds.

And that's not just "virtue signaling" that's the truth. That's what I was taught. And I still believe it.

And because I believe it, right now things kind of really suck. It ain't MAGA-ing for me...ya know?

For those who want to know some of the reasons behind Haiti's poverty...

Newsweek: Reasons behind Haiti's poverty

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

First, he didnt say that a race of people were bad or anything like that. He said the countries they come from are crappy, which is true, hence why they are leaving.

"Why are we having all these people from s--thole countries come here?"

He's actually saying that the people from these countries aren't desirable immigrants. It's a completely different thing to say, "Haiti is a #hole" than it is to ask, "why are we letting people from Haiti come here?" To what extent racial bigotry informs his opinions is another issue but have you ever heard him say anything disparaging about European immigrants? Hell, two of his wives have been from 2nd World European countries.

He's called illegal immigrants from Mexico rapists and criminals. He's outright banned people from certain predominately Muslim countries despite there being no clear correlation with Islamic terrorism and the list. He's now disparaged legal immigrants from Haiti and the entire continent of Africa.

Seems like his prejudices match up with those on the US far right pretty well.

But even still I have to wonder if the same people so outraged today spoke up when Obama mocked parts of this country for clinging to their guns and bibles. Or when hillary called them deplorable. Why is pointing out some countries are crappy eggregious, when demeaninbg certain US citizens is acceptable?

It's hardly mocking people from certain parts of the country to say they cling to their guns and their Bibles. What was the name of Mike Huckabee's book? God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy? Have you never heard Jeff Foxworthy's act? I grew up in the rural South. People do in fact cling to their Bibles and guns. (and grits and gravy are both awesome) Hillary did say that "half of Trump's supporters" were deplorable and that was wrong but let's not pretend like Trump hasn't insulted the opposition and fueled division.

He's made a number of statements accusing those who protest against him of being paid. And I don't know what you hear when you listen to a Trump rally but from people outside of the Trump bubble looking in, he could scarcely be more divisive.

Either way, this whataboutism argument about the hypocrisy of Trump's critics is always a poor one. It's a trivial matter to flip it around. I'm sure you were outraged about the deplorables statement right? Why aren't you outraged about Trump's comments? Not only are you not outraged, you're defending him. So if the people you're talking about are hypocrites, doesn't that also make you a hypocrite for your own double standards?
edit on 2018-1-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
I was raised to love everyone, all races and all creeds and kinds.

And that's not just "virtue signaling" that's the truth. That's what I was taught. And I still believe it.

Then how do you still support Obama & Hillary after all the people they've hurt?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I ask myself the same question when I walk in a WalMart.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He's outright banned people from certain predominately Muslim countries despite there being no clear correlation with Islamic terrorism and the list.

Iran,Libya,Somalia,Syria.

'no clear correlation'.

Hmmm.

www.state.gov...

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join