It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I think Donald J. Trump sometimes prefers to 'lay his cards on the table' --- like his recent s**thole comments --- But to me...they represent a man who prefers to be proudly labeled as some kind of Neo-fascist, who extends a welcoming hand to his fellow evil brethren --- both here in the U.S. and to the rest of the world.
edit on 13-1-2018 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Why did you insert "based on nation only"?

The discussion Trump is having is that he will only support a merit based system.

Is it unreasonable? It works well for Canada.

The problem with a strictly merit-based/point-based system is that it does not put us in a position to be flexible to allow people to come in to this country to fill positions based on demand, which is much more important than merit.

It sounds good on the surface to only allow people in that have specific skills or a certain level of skills, but there are times in which the job markets are in high demand for unskilled labor, such as right now.

Unemployment is very low and there is very high demand for unskilled labor in markets such as food service. That demand is pushing wages up and making it harder for smaller businesses to compete.

Assumedly job demand would be part of the merit based system, just as it is in Canada's merit based/point system. As for wages going up in unskilled markets isn't that what a lot of the Left have been calling for ? Instead of the government coming in and raising the minimum wage across the board this would be more of supply and demand.

I know it's a longshot but Americans might actually start working in their own food services if wages went up enough(yes I know I real longshot)

*There is a thread on the merit based system started by DBCowboy I just realized, he covers it much better Merit Based Thread Link
edit on 13-1-2018 by Falenor because: Inserted Link

edit on 13-1-2018 by Falenor because: Inserted Link

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

But now you are making things up.

No one stated that "No one from S-Hole countries allowed" was the proposed policy. Not even the ones yelling at Trump are claiming he tried to say that. They're only mad because he supposedly called those countries S-Holes.

What he asked was why we take so many in from those places which is a good question.

Why go out of your way to take in so many who are barely literate and do not have the skills to survive in our society without significant social support, especially when so many of them do not assimilate.
edit on 13-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

Assumedly job demand would be part of the merit based system, just as it is in Canada's merit based/point system

You assume. I've not seen demand as being part of the debate and I think it needs to be. In a market where there is a demand for unskilled labor, we would need people from #hole countries as well to come in and fill those jobs. That is why I question why Trump would say what he said and if the demand issue is even part of his plan.

As for wages going up in unskilled markets isn't that what a lot of the Left have been calling for ? Instead of the government coming in and raising the minimum wage across the board this would be more of supply and demand.

I think the Democrats and the Left want an increase in wages period. Regardless of whether or not it is skilled. Though, I have not seen a good case be made on this issue.

edit on 13-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If job demand was part of the merit based system would you be more partial to it ?

As well I'm confused, didn't you just claim in the last page that the demand would push wages up concerning the food service ? Albeit I know it's not across the board but you literally made the case yourself and now your saying you've "not seen a good case be made on this issue" ????

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

If job demand was part of the merit based system would you be more partial to it ?

I'd consider it much more seriously, yes.

As well I'm confused, didn't you just claim in the last page that the demand would push wages up concerning the food service ?

No. I said that demand is pushing wages up.

Albeit I know it's not across the board but you literally made the case yourself and now your saying you've "not seen a good case be made on this issue" ????

Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer.

I have not seen a good case be made that pushing wages up in general, which is what Democrats and many on the Left want to do, would be good for the economy or the American worker.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
We seem to get an awful lot of refugees/immigrants that have no real job skills and little or no education. It is no surprise that these people come from countries with no job market and terrible schools. Is it really that hard to figure out? Trump's choice of words was bad. He sometimes has a crude way of expressing himself. We know that. Big deal. He hasn't said anything that a large portion of the people haven't thought at one time or another. I have often said how nice it would be if we had millions of sexy viking women sneaking across our borders in the middle of the night instead of the people doing it now. If anyone has to sneak in to this country why cant it be someone from a country where people have desirable skills and decent schools? Oh yeah, they would be taking a big step backwards by coming here...

On a more positive note, if they did come here they would get nearly $4000 a month in federal aid, free school, free healthcare, and a small business loan. Unlike us U.S. citizens who work and pay taxes our whole lives to get our $1200 in social security... if they don't take that away from us too...

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Sen. David Perdue (GA) who was in the immigration policy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers when President Donald Trump allegedly used the word “#hole” to refer to Haiti, and El Salvador and African nations, said Trump did not make that comment.

Perdue said, “The gross misrepresentation was that language was used in there that was not used and also that the tone of that meeting was not contributory and not constructive.”

He added, “I’m telling you he did not use that word, George. And I’m telling you it’s a gross misrepresentation. How many times do you want me to say that?”

www.breitbart.com...-comment/

President Trump Never used that Term . A Smear Tactic by the Dems ..........WTF Else is New ?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I think trumps question, while crude, is legitimate.

Why do we accept so many immigrants from third world type countries?

Perhaps the politicians taken aback by the crude language should actually give an answer to that question.

Thanks. Out of the sea of complaining Trump threads on ATS, you managed to come up with a sensible reaction to the news propaganda against Trump. Congrats!

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

President Trump Never used that Term . A Smear Tactic by the Dems ..........WTF Else is New ?

The blind raw hate shown by the left against Trump is truly epic. They opened up politics to this deep hatred that will come back to bite them when they get someone in office. It is their actions to blame for opening this Pandora's Box of uncivil behavior. When it comes back to bite them you will never hear complaining so loud in your life, but they will deserve it.

The second place winners are stomping their feet like little children because they lost and their school told them that they are always winners. Reality is hard for those that can't grasp it or who are ill prepared for life. Trump won and they just cannot grasp reality, so they have to lie and twist things to fit their distorted world view.
edit on 14-1-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Sen. David Perdue (GA) who was in the immigration policy meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers when President Donald Trump allegedly used the word “#hole” to refer to Haiti, and El Salvador and African nations, said Trump did not make that comment.

Perdue said, “The gross misrepresentation was that language was used in there that was not used and also that the tone of that meeting was not contributory and not constructive.”

He added, “I’m telling you he did not use that word, George. And I’m telling you it’s a gross misrepresentation. How many times do you want me to say that?”

www.breitbart.com...-comment/

Who was daydreaming, or not paying attention in that meeting? Senator DURBIN? Or Senator Purdue?

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here's a take my friend did on the subject. I think he phrased it very cleverly and sums it all up with the possible exception that Norway or anyone of substance actually wants to come here of all places.

edit on 14-1-2018 by gottaknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2018 by gottaknow because: fixed YT link

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Your YouTube link isn't working, gottaknow.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you. I think I got it now. I believe I was using the code that included my subscriber code or something.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
It is equivalent or comparable to Aliens interacting on planets neglectfully and then leaving or abandoning said planets after all interest and experiments are complete.

Then returning later to said disabled planets and looking at the inhabitants that have been influenced by the neglect and then calling those they interacted with and neglected dysfunctional failures based on the neglectful activities the aliens initiated...
What would that say directly about the aliens?

Hope this polished some of the dysfunctional lenses...

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But the statement seems to be a good way to summarize the state if affairs in the nations discussed. Its not gratuitous. And isnt a personal attack on someone in the room.

We are a nation of immigrants. We descend from immigrants.
Anyone not offended had no business being in that room or the Senate or House.

well the problem here is those people are not legally doing it. spare me that lie. they are invaders.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

they are invaders.

Fair point!

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have been around the world many times. Some places were very nice. Some places were deplorable.

It has nothing to do with the color of the population's skin, believe me.

When you initially set foot in a country and the first thing you smell is poo, it leaves a lasting impression.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Trump is such a racist Basterd for stating facts!! When people ask me what a Utopia might look like I smile and the first two countries that come to mind Haiti and Africa! Just look at them go 1 billion children predicted by 2055 in Africa with a staggering estimate of 37% of the worlds population by 2100. What will they do where will they go with overpopulation, famine, and corruption!? Oh we’ll welcome them in with open arms, I’m sure our African Americans will show them the way and they will assimilate like two cogs rotating cleanly together...... yea freaking right!!
edit on 15-1-2018 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: openminded2011

What makes me laugh, is that the same limousine liberals who are pissing and moaning about this, all live in gated communities and wouldn't be caught dead living next door to the people from these countries.

So it's your opinion that half the country or close to it rides around in limousines and lives in mansions in gated communities?

That those offended by trumps remarks are elite rich people living in mansions?

Just curious how thoroughly the rhetoric of division and identity politics has compromised some folks ability to think.

Never said anything of the sort, but a lot of people in the media who feign outrage do in fact live this way. I think what I said was pretty well explained as to what I meant, affluent liberals who live in upscale communities who have little or no contact with people from said countries and have no desire to have contact, but want to make it possible for our country to be flooded with them. I am sure there are people outside that group who are offended, but I am also sure that there are at least as many people who agree with what Trump said. Ever been to the 3rd world? I have, and to call those places sh*tholes is accurate in the vast majority of cases. Why do you think people are trying to leave those places? Sorry, but I want my country to at least have a chance of not turning completely into the 3rd world as well.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join