It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Anyone notice that the people saying he said this are all people he ran against or who dont like him for being a republican?

Personally I NEED PROOF and not just he said he said. President should had been recording all his meeting with lawmakers.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Where has "decency" gotten us?

Countless wars, trillions in debt, invasive laws, unconstitutional policies, erosion of our rights. . . . .

Yeah, we've had a #hole of decency.

None of that is on the back of being a decent person.

In fact many would say those types of things are the direct result of the lack of decency.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Why did you insert "based on nation only"?

The discussion Trump is having is that he will only support a merit based system.

Is it unreasonable? It works well for Canada.

I’d say, considering the position of the United States in the world, our current immigration policy actually works just fine.

I thought we were #1?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Then enter that opinion in the debate on that subject.

But the president has the right to broach the subject, one which has bipartisan support if you ignore time as a restraint: almost all of them at one point or another have mentioned the need for some reform.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yet you're the one who is using decency as a metric.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Why did you insert "based on nation only"?

The discussion Trump is having is that he will only support a merit based system.

Is it unreasonable? It works well for Canada.

The problem with a strictly merit-based/point-based system is that it does not put us in a position to be flexible to allow people to come in to this country to fill positions based on demand, which is much more important than merit.

It sounds good on the surface to only allow people in that have specific skills or a certain level of skills, but there are times in which the job markets are in high demand for unskilled labor, such as right now.

Unemployment is very low and there is very high demand for unskilled labor in markets such as food service. That demand is pushing wages up and making it harder for smaller businesses to compete.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yet you're the one who is using decency as a metric.

Metric for what?

I’m just asking for the President to have decency and/or decorum. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

It’s obvious he’s not a decent person.

It would be one thing if the President was some visionary leading this country to new heights. He’s not. The absolute least he could do is be decent.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Then enter that opinion in the debate on that subject.

But the president has the right to broach the subject, one which has bipartisan support if you ignore time as a restraint: almost all of them at one point or another have mentioned the need for some reform.

I’m all open for discussion on any topic.

Doesn’t bother me one bit.

Just don’t make disparaging remarks while doing so.

Most people, when in serious talks about anything, don’t make disparaging remarks. It’s quite simple what people are upset by.

This would be a non-issue if the President didn’t insult other nations by calling them S-holes. Nobody would have heard of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Then you arent open to discussion. You have a hurdle whereby you can express righteous indignation at any moment.

The correct hurdle would be "dont make unthruthful remarks". But stifling communication by using subjective notions of "disparaging remarks" is not being open.

Since Trump didnt state this publicly then the blame lies with the party who did.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Then you arent open to discussion. You have a hurdle whereby you can express righteous indignation at any moment.

The correct hurdle would be "dont make unthruthful remarks". But stifling communication by using subjective notions of "disparaging remarks" is not being open.

Since Trump didnt state this publicly then the blame lies with the party who did.

Fine you moron. I’m willing to listen to your ideas on immigration.

Granted you identify as fat which shows you’re too stupid and lazy to know what’s best for you as an idividual, let alone a policy that faces a nation. You being a fat individual obviously leads me to believe you can’t make the best choices for yourself, let alone a country.

You also identify from Texas, a state in the 80th percentile for education in this country. So being fat and from Texas you’re likely not intelligent enough to really enter into any conversation regarding the state of the nation.

You as a dumb, fat Texan obviously aren’t equipped to handle this. If you were fit, or from a more intelligent state I’d say your opinion matters.

Tell you what; lose some weight and go get a real education and then we can have this conversation. Put down the Whataburger and eat a salad with every meal.

I’d prefer to have all dialogue in regards to our country merit based. Only the best of the best equipped to speak on matters. You as a fat Texan aren’t it. You not only come from an S-hole state, but have an S-Hole body. /s

Do you see how dumb that all sounds?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Eshel
This man insulted numerous people and their countries. Do you think we’re the only country that has pride?

Cry me a river. If their countries are so magnificent, then why do they have so many citizens looking to enter the USA?

Your president is criminally incompetent.

Meaning, his deep stupidity and vitriol risks Americans lives abroad; Officials, Diplomats, Soldiers and Tourists et al.

Trump recruits for terrorist organizations with every burp of rhetoric.
He has deeply eroded our credibility in the world.

...Jesus the world has gone soft.

Definitely in the WH..Soft around the middle and soft in the head.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thing is Haiti and africa are among the few nations that have rampant cholera and dysentery which means they are literally living in there own #, making them literal # holes.

Trump is not exactly wrong and there is a reason people immigrate out of those countries.
edit on 13-1-2018 by Theprodicalson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: Grambler

What makes me laugh, is that the same limousine liberals who are pissing and moaning about this, all live in gated communities and wouldn't be caught dead living next door to the people from these countries.

So it's your opinion that half the country or close to it rides around in limousines and lives in mansions in gated communities?

That those offended by trumps remarks are elite rich people living in mansions?

Just curious how thoroughly the rhetoric of division and identity politics has compromised some folks ability to think.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Sure....when its hyperbole and done gratuitously. Not to mention the personal attack being nonconducive to a conversation.

But the statement seems to be a good way to summarize the state if affairs in the nations discussed. Its not gratuitous. And isnt a personal attack on someone in the room.

Crude? Sure. Why would you expect different. But it distracts wholly fom having a debate on immigration reform. And wasnt said publicly. What purpose would the blabbermouth have for blabbing? What motivated them? It was not the best intereat of our nation, as that would lie in the debate itself.

ETA: why do ya have to pick on Whataburger?

The big debate in Texas is whether or not its better than In n Out. It makes for humorous viral marketing..we all know Whataburgers better.

edit on 1/13/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

But the statement seems to be a good way to summarize the state if affairs in the nations discussed. Its not gratuitous. And isnt a personal attack on someone in the room.

We are a nation of immigrants. We descend from immigrants.
Anyone not offended had no business being in that room or the Senate or House.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Sure....when its hyperbole and done gratuitously. Not to mention the personal attack being nonconducive to a conversation.

Crude? Sure. Why would you expect different. But it distracts wholly fom having a debate on immigration reform. And wasnt said publicly. What purpose would the blabbermouth have for blabbing? What motivated them? It was not the best intereat of our nation, as that would lie in the debate itself.

The big debate in Texas is whether or not its better than In n Out. It makes for humorous viral marketing..we all know Whataburgers better.

Full disclosure: I’m from Texas and love Whataburger. I also like you and like reading your posts.

We may see this situation differently and I’m okay with that.

We do agree that Whataburger > In N Out

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Full disclosure: I’m from Texas and love Whataburger. I also like you and like reading your posts.

We may see this situation differently and I’m okay with that.

We do agree that Whataburger > In N Out

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join