It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

Funny you bring up children....i told mine to not spread gossip.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's not an excuse, it's reality.

Politicians on both sides say endless things which would offend behind closed doors.

The only reason we're even hearing about it is due to political agendas.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. In the day and age where everyone's screaming about being offended, this is simply a political card the Dems are pulling.....yet again. Their whole platform at this point appears to be "I can't believe Trump said this or that. Racist! Bigot! Meanie! Idiot!"
edit on 13-1-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

It's not an excuse, it's reality.

Politicians on both sides say endless things which would offend behind closed doors.

The only reason we're even hearing about it is due to political agendas.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. I

Do you have any examples of these things that are said that you and others are so sure are said?

It’s not like President Trump is the first President who’s had an “agenda” against him.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Funny you bring up children....i told mine to not spread gossip.

Your children aren’t the most powerful people in the world in charge of Nuclear codes.

Unless they are and I’m unaware, I guess it’s possible.
edit on 13-1-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Is this the same dude who conveniently forgot the definition of chain migration....a term hes on record using himself?

Well how about that? So we have ome confirmation now. Are there others, or does the cheese stand alone?

That's the fella - yet another liberal hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's a recent byproduct of the current landscape with overly sensitive PC speech, which is new.

Bill Clinton when running said we need closed borders and to limit illegals. He was applauded. Trump said damn near the same thing and it was labelled racist. Because the left hates him and are changing the definitions of words to attack him.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Grambler

President uses an adjective and people are losing their minds.

If Trump left a floaty in the toilet the left would scream for impeachment.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

And deliberately pissing off other nations by blabbing any salacious detail you think is gonna score some political points and push the political narrative is being a responsible legislator? What matters more? Party? Nation? Hating Trump?

Fact is those nations ARE #holes in the opinion of most people. The lack of tourism proves this out. And pointing it out to people in a meeting about immigration, when you are trying to replace a lottery system with a merit system, is 100% wholly appropriate.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It's a recent byproduct of the current landscape with overly sensitive PC speech, which is new.

Bill Clinton when running said we need closed borders and to limit illegals. He was applauded. Trump said damn near the same thing and it was labelled racist. Because the left hates him and are changing the definitions of words to attack him.

I can completely agree with people being overly sensitive. I think the “PC Police” who sit around looking for words that offend are some of the most annoying people in society. We probably agree with that.

If you were to say something not deemed “PC” I wouldn’t care at all. I’d even give you points if it was funny.

The President, unfortunately, has to be held to a higher standard than you or I. Just has to.

You and I can sit around and disparage everything and laugh about it, but if you or I were President I’d hold us both to a higher standard which I don’t feel like is a “bad” thing.

I’m not even saying that President Trump doesn’t get a bad wrap on certain things that other Presidents would get a pass on. I just think President Trump has brought a lot of this on himself.

It is pretty silly to even discuss this whole thing though. It’s not going to be that last ridiculous thing out of the Presidents mouth. He’s still going to finish this term. The Earth will go on.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's the crazy thing here.

Trump's getting attacked for stirring the pot with various nations when he's not the one doing it, it's the leakers doing it who then are falsely accusing him of doing what they themselves are doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo

originally posted by: poncho1982

Modern decency?

HAHAHAHA!!!

Have you not lived in this modern world before?

I prefer real talk to pandering.

If you prefer “real talk”, post your

Name
Address
Height/Weight
Job/Income
Names of Family Members
Post some pictures of your Family
Basically any verifiable information about Poncho1982

I’d bet you’d be pissed when people start commenting towards you. I’d bet you wouldn’t like it when people didn’t use modern decency toward you.

Talk about false equivalency.

Wow.

I fail to see the point you are trying to make. What does my personal info have anything to do with real talk?

You prefer “real” talk, so don’t be anonymous. Just be real.

If you had to put yourself out there, I doubt you’d prefer “real” talk. Just a guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Even more crazy is when we try to update our immigration laws, using what the rest of the world has learned and implemented, its a natural point to discuss nations who arent producing people with merit.

And he gets smeared for it. Because he uses ugly worda to say the same damned thing everyone already knows: Haiti has a long way to go before they are exporting top shelf and highly educated workers. Its not racist. Its socioeconomic. Its just that in the US the 2 are fairly related

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That's the crazy thing here.

Trump's getting attacked for stirring the pot with various nations when he's not the one doing it, it's the leakers doing it who then are falsely accusing him of doing what they themselves are doing.

Yep - i think there is a name for those trying to destroy the country because their gal lost - traitors.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump is not a king. In America you have to commit treason against the government, to overthrow it. Trump is the one destroying our government.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

“Mr. President, will you give an apology for the statement yesterday?” Trump was asked by April Ryan, Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio, as he turned to leave the ceremony honoring the civil rights leader. When Trump ignored the question, a second reporter asked, “Did you use the word ‘#hole’ to refer to African nations?”

Ryan then cut to the point, asking Trump the question that should be repeated every day from now until the end of his term: “Mr. President, are you a racist?”

When Trump again ignored the question, Ryan repeated it — a fact lost on anyone who followed the event on the live video stream on the White House web site, since it abruptly cut out at that point, though C-SPAN continued to broadcast the event.

“Mr. President, Are You a Racist?” Is the Question Reporters Should Never Stop Asking Donald Trump

Whoops...errr...ähhh... EVERYTHING IS OK!!!oneoneeleven

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Durbin was there and he said it happened.

Your link is my working.

I honestly haven't seen Durbin say he said it. I saw him say trump said horrible racist things, but I didn't see him confirm the comment in question.

He also said the term chain migration is racist, so who knows if he meant trump said that or the s hole comment.

Do you have a link showing Durbin specifically saying he said the comment?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Lindsey Graham apparently called Trump out on it acco rding to this.
If you read the comments from the other GOP senators closely they are very carefully phrased. Not 'He didn't say that', more on the lines of 'I don't recall him saying that'. Cowards.

Again I didn't see Graham say he said those words.

But that's funny considering Graham in 2013 called Mexico hellhole and said we couldn't take all the people from there.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What's your point?

That this reporter is an ass?

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join