It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I think I found a theme song for you.

Stay triggered, my friend.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It appears that this has become not just an opportunity to hate Trump, but to hate anyone who doesn't think exactly the same.

Like I keep on saying, we're in a Civil War now.

Just waiting on the shots to become more frequent, the deaths and assaults more numerous.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Who is silencing you?

Waste of flesh...LOL....stay triggered it makes for funnier comments....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Really.....really????? Hahahahahahaahahahah.....so prejudice. Like saying every kid with his pants at his knees is a gang banger.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
They are Shhole countries. So I don't see what the issue is here.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel
Donald Trump is a waste of flesh.
He is a racist through and through.
Anyone who defends this man must also be of the same cloth.

These are my opinion.

If you disagree with them then fine. But I will not budge in my beliefs.
Regardless of how many times I am silenced.

“I will remain triggered” -Eric

So from your stance, you are saying that my stepmother and step brothers are racists for encouraging me to vote for Trump? They are much darker Americans than I,but I can respect that they think it is humiliating being connected to 3rd world nations in Africa, which they have never been or seen!

You are and a hypocrit, if you are making such statements and have not even touched a single country located within Africa!
edit on 1 12 2018 by CynConcepts because: Spelling error thank you google! Sheesh.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is thinking that everyone - left and right - has. Everyone knows it too.

People on both sides use that argument all the time. "We can't send them back! Their countries are so messed up!" "They are breaking their necks to come here because their countries are messed up, but they should be fixing their own problems, not bringing them here!"

What on earth does anyone think a messed up country is if it isn't exactly what the president said in less "diplomatic" terms?

If I'm not mistaken, many of those countries suffered under colonial rule. Slavery, abuse, racism and other existed for some amount of time. Some blokes basically stormed those islands, captured them, told them how to live, installed governments and brought some blokes from afar to make plantations/homes. I guess they wanted the natives to grow sugar, cocoa and other. A lot like what we did in North America, except we intended to stay by all accounts. We stormed it and formed bad agreements with the native americans with the sole purpose to push them aside and acquire North America.

Here:
en.wikipedia.org - Haitian Revolution...
en.wikipedia.org - Indigenous Peoples' Day...
en.wikipedia.org - National Day of Mourning (United States protest)...
edit on 1/12/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

To be clear, I am not against taking in a certain number of people who are poor and likely to be more of a drain than a boon right away, but we do not need to take in unrestricted numbers of them, we absolutely have a right to be selective about it, and we are also under no obligation to take them and all of their nearest blood relations to the 3rd and 4th degree to avoid "breaking up families" (chain migration) when we do it.

And at the same time, we also have every right to place a priority on the best and brightest immigrants from wherever in the world they happen to hail from to fill out the bulk of our yearly immigration totals in whatever way best suits our country's needs too.

I agree.

I am for a merit based system.

There is no reason that ta system of that couldnt take Haitians or people from the other countries.

However, we do know that country of origin does factor in on likelihood of a successful assymilation, so it may be a small factor.

But that is vastly outweighed by other things like education level,beliefs, skill sets, etc.

The current immigration system does not have the goal of taking the people that is best for our country, and that is absurd.

Trump is right to ask his question; why does the lottery system demand we take in so many people from these crappy countries.

Again, this is not saying that many people from these countries wouldnt get in on a merit based system, but to demand that the US take these people based only on their countries or origin and not merit, is baffling considering how crappy these countries are.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Some blokes, indeed, considering many of "those blokes" were European.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Send them all back if their countries are so great, why do they need to stay here. Trump just made liberals look like fools.

Do you know what he just did?

He made liberals, who are defending that people need to stay here, say those same countries are not bad places to live. Trump is 10 steps ahead.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

To be clear, I am not against taking in a certain number of people who are poor and likely to be more of a drain than a boon right away, but we do not need to take in unrestricted numbers of them, we absolutely have a right to be selective about it, and we are also under no obligation to take them and all of their nearest blood relations to the 3rd and 4th degree to avoid "breaking up families" (chain migration) when we do it.

And at the same time, we also have every right to place a priority on the best and brightest immigrants from wherever in the world they happen to hail from to fill out the bulk of our yearly immigration totals in whatever way best suits our country's needs too.

I agree.

I am for a merit based system.

There is no reason that ta system of that couldnt take Haitians or people from the other countries.

However, we do know that country of origin does factor in on likelihood of a successful assymilation, so it may be a small factor.

But that is vastly outweighed by other things like education level,beliefs, skill sets, etc.

The current immigration system does not have the goal of taking the people that is best for our country, and that is absurd.

Trump is right to ask his question; why does the lottery system demand we take in so many people from these crappy countries.

Again, this is not saying that many people from these countries wouldnt get in on a merit based system, but to demand that the US take these people based only on their countries or origin and not merit, is baffling considering how crappy these countries are.

Your vaunted Progressive neighbour to the North that is usually looking down their noses at Americans regarding their policies actually uses a merit based system for immigration....interesting eh ?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Falenor

Every other country in the world does, and then they presume to lecture us for thinking it ought to be the same.

They're hypocrites one and all.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: AMPTAH

The statue was a gift from France and reflects French ideas of what America was at the time.

Agreed, those were the times of the founding fathers and their ideals of what America "was."

All I'm saying is that today, the statue should probably be removed, and replaced with something more appropriate

closer in theme to Donald Trump's idea of America,

like this version,

Then the immigrants wouldn't be so confused, and jump into their rickety boats to float over to this land.

The symbols of "welcome" is what is confusing everybody.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Falenor

Every other country in the world does, and then they presume to lecture us for thinking it ought to be the same.

They're hypocrites one and all.

Exactly, last year, nearly 15,000 Haitians entered Canada and only 10% were accepted. Why should America accept all?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Some blokes, indeed, considering many of "those blokes" were European.

Oh enough. The origin can be considered unknown. I likes this definition because it was my intention:
en.wikipedia.org - Bloke...

According to Quinion, Ernest Weekley and John Camden Hotten, bloke probably derives either from the Romany, language of the Rom (gypsies), or from Shelta, a secret language of Welsh and Irish Travellers.[2][3][4] These languages have roots with the Hindi word loke, a man.[2][3] Lexicographer Eric Partridge conjectured the word loke was the original but an unspecified word "too low for mention" was the cause of a b- added in slang.[4] The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) says the word is of "Origin unknown" but adds: "Ogilvie compares 'Gypsy and Hindi loke a man.'" The OED's first cited use is in 1861.[5] Some believe it derives from the Celtic word ploc, a large, bull-headed person.[2][3] The word first appears in early 19th century England possibly, according to Michael Quinion, as a variation of the slang term gloak, which itself was a variation of an older slang term buzzgloak, meaning pickpocket.

I could expand on that definition, but it might get the mods attention.
edit on 1/12/2018 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sad isn't it?

I don't know what to do anymore except lance the boil and try to drain the poison before it sends the whole system into sepsis.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yes, I know, you thought you were being clever and pulling one over on us stupid flyover hicks.

Herp, derp and all that.

Jolly good show old chap.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join