It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: YungMahn
a reply to: Nikola014

That’s not a verifiable fact, actually.

Please, tell me how great it this country was for Asians, Hispanics, and African-Americans. I bet they loved the segregation and violence towards them with absolutely no consequence to the abusers. I bet women loved getting paid next to nothing as well.

And when I think about it... maybe those AMERICANS that were thrown into interment camps for being Japanese actually enjoyed it!

You act as if the United States was in a test tube all by itself. At that time the same issues were happening in countries all over the world. Did you know American women got the right to vote before British women? Beat them by 8 yrs to be exact. When you look at history you also have to understand context. And yes current events at the time you make yourself look silly when you make claims like this without looking at the history involved.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Plenty of places call America a sh!th0le these days. There are countries that have issued travel advisories to their people not to come here.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Plenty of places call America a sh!th0le these days. There are countries that have issued travel advisories to their people not to come here.

Been to chicago? It qualifies as a third world country.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There are places all around the country that would qualify. Portland has tent cities, so does California. There parts of Appalachia and the Deep South that might qualify as shanty towns. There are some trailer parks here and there that don't rate out as much better.

And most inner cities have *those* neighborhoods you dare not go into.

Chicago is just one of the more notorious ones.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: AMPTAH

This is a joke right? Sarcasm?

When they break the law it's a serious crime, when we break the law it's a petty misdemeanor.

The other guy is always worse than us.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

trump asked why we leave so many people in from S***hole countries.

Now maybe you fine them crude and not Presidential, and thats fine.

But the vaast majority mad at truimps words today (at least public figures) were not speaking up on it.

Since PC is something you clearly abhor, I feel fine in saying get your # together.

I have grown used to the idea Trump could molest a girl scout on national TV and you would post a thread deflecting from and defending it, but can you at least proof-read your OPs and posts so they don't consistently sound like the the drunk at the end of the bar?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

On substance, he put American lives at risk around the world.

Terrorist recruiters use his rhetoric to recruit.

Diplomats lose legitimacy, security and respect while petitioning for American Interests in the places he calls #holes.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

there are areas that are crime ridden but even in those areas the people are wearing jordans and have iphones and cars. you want to see 3rd world go look at some of the districts in the rust belt or south that voted for trump, i wonder if their job numbers or quality of life are improving......

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So Oprah running for Pres in 2020 is hot news from 4 days ago - then 3 days ago someone says "wait a minute, she's was an enabler of Weinstein", then bingo -

Nibiru is here, the "s" word from Trump and the world's out of orbit.

How convenient.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

And how much American money has passed to those countries over the years and yet they do not ever change and they continue to ask for more and ever more and their people continue to come illegally into our country or they continue to demand we take more, ever more of them.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Last year, the NAACP issued a travel advisory for Missouri, warning African Americans to stay away, if at all possible.
www.kansascity.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh, I know. We all laughed about it. I live here.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Haiti still has slavery. Do people know that?

Ask a Dominican person if Haitians living in their country own the land they live on and what they get paid for working it...food. They get paid in dirt they can grow food in. In Haiti its a little worse than that.

Slaves.... They still have slavery.

A hashtag hole.

edit on 1 12 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
1. Non-public meeting
2. Where's the audio? Just not going to believe it without it.
3. Didn't this come from the Washington Post?

All three are reasons for me to seriously not give a damn. LOL.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
White Supremacists Praise Trump's Inflammatory Immigration Remarks

White supremacists expressed delight online after President Trump’s reported remarks about “#hole” majority black countries.
The comments elicited gratified responses from white supremacist “leaders” like Richard Spencer, David Duke and Andrew Anglin, as well as from rank and file racists.

www.adl.org...

Anyone really surprised?

K~

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

And that, right there, is likely one major reason why Haiti is such a mess. I read somewhere that you can measure a country's success against it's respect for the rule of law and private property rights. If Haiti has none, then that tells you a lot right there.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This is a discussion on the slogan of Make America Great Again. I’ve stated my claim as to why it was never great and still haven’t received a real rebuttal. All I’m getting is “it happened other places too”

(post by Eshel removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Because, goodbness knows, all of our presidents (and vice presidents) have been nothing but the picture of decorum and grace in their private dealings ...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join