It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: face23785

Race has nothing to do with migration? Depends on the race though, 24hLesMans?

Nope. Only people like you take someone's race into account in that discussion. Nobody else is. The context of the conversation was about taking people from countries with high crime rates, corrupt governments and other such problems which makes a large percentage of the potential immigrants from that country not beneficial for the US to accept. Almost every other country, including a bunch of leftist havens like Canada, do their immigration this way, and somehow it's not racist.

Just because you see someone's skin color first doesn't mean everyone else does.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Perhaps he misunderstood what Obama called Lybia. Obviously, if he said sh*t show...the media and world would not be screaming racist!

In recent interviews with The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg on the “Obama Doctrine,” the president bluntly said the mission in Libya “didn’t work.” Behind closed doors, according to Goldberg, he calls the situation there a “# show.”

Source 2016
edit on 1 12 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So when it comes out he did not say '#hole' who is going to apologize? Or does he not deserve one since he is a subconscious racist?

"Deserve" is a very subjective term. If this turns out to be untrue, is an apology from the Washington Post, who I believe was the first to run this story, the right thing to do? Yes.

Does he "deserve" an apology? That is a matter of opinion.

One could make the case that he does not "deserve" an apology, considering that he has not apologized for lies, "fake news" or inappropriate things he has pushed on to others. In fact, it seems to be an exercise in hypocrisy for him or his supporters to ask for such a thing.

In the end, I think this is a rather idiotic topic. Are there some #hole countries on this earth? Yes. I agree with him on that, if he said it. The problem is that the condition of those countries are not necessarily indicative of the value people from that country can hold as immigrants to the US. It is often people from adverse conditions or situations that value opportunity much more so than those that live in a privileges society, such as Americans.

And I'm sick of the racial issues. It seems that both Left and Right will take advantage of any racial aspect and exploit if for whatever ends they find advantageous. It's quickly becoming the go-to argument from people on both sides and just another douchebag tactic. There seems to be a few people in this thread taking advantage of it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Perhaps he misunderstood what Obama called Lybia. Obviously, if he said sh*t show...the media and world would not be screaming racist!

In recent interviews with The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg on the “Obama Doctrine,” the president bluntly said the mission in Libya “didn’t work.” Behind closed doors, according to Goldberg, he calls the situation there a “# show.”

Source 2016

Oh big surprise, another double standard from the race-obsessed leftists.

Narrative busted.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

Justifying a shi*ty position by showing how someone else's potion was as equally shi*ty does not make either right.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Speedtek

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

Justifying a shi*ty position by showing how someone else's potion was as equally shi*ty does not make either right.

Exactly.

The only thing these people are doing is highlighting in their own hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

It isn't the positions being pointed out...it is the hypocrit response that is being shown! Where we're the cries of racism in 2016?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

I don't think that was the point. I think the point is the outrage is phony, since it didn't happen when Obama made similar comments about a country full of people of color. It exposes this as fake outrage. The claims of racism are fake. It's fake #resist garbage due to a 14-month-long temper tantrum over a lost election.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

Exactly.

Hypocrisy would be if we were outraged by Obama's comment on Libya and then said this comment was fine. I couldn't care less about either. The hypocrisy is from people who said nothing about Obama's comment and are pretending to be outraged about this. You're wrong.
edit on 12 1 18 by face23785 because: My spelling sucks

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Trump’s words as reported by WAPO from “2 people who were briefed at the meeting” ( Video by CNN ) from the Oval Office

“Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers…as part of a bi-partisan deal”

Note Raj Shah’s statement for context

Note CNN are warning families to mute the sound for the next 35 secs. Good luck with children stuck in airports where CNN has a captured audience and not a remote in sight

Thanks CNN but my children never got any warnings from you when showing Iraq being pummeled during 2003s “shock and awe” “campaign: But I guess graphic real time destruction of a City is not as “triggering” as the word “#hole countries

Trump’s response

(I’m not savvy with embedding Twitter)

twitter.com...
“Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings - unfortunately, no trust!”

So, so far we have only reports of words spoken by Trump in the Oval Office

Kevin McCarthy Republican House Majority Leader

McCarthy’s words: “I’m a proud # holer , my family was called mackerel eaters…the President is growing this country on the backbone….."

Growing – interesting Freudian slip – maybe it’s a Californian politician thing

Couldn’t find any Haitians outraged maybe it’s early days or they don’t have a voice, just outrage from the Haitian Ambassador – No Haitians

www.pbs.org...

“JOHANNESBURG — Haiti says it is “deeply shocked and outraged” by President Donald Trump’s reported vulgar remark on immigration, calling it “racist.”
The Haitian government says in a statement that “these insulting and reprehensible statements in no way reflect the virtues of wisdom, restraint and discernment that must be cultivated by any high political authority.”
It adds that the comment as reported “reflects a totally erroneous and racist view of the Haitian community and its contribution to the United States.”
Haiti’s U.S. Ambassador Paul Altidor told The New York Times’ Yamiche Alcindor that the Haitian government sent a formal request for a U.S. official to explain the U.S. president’s comment.

Here are actual Haitians not politicians or Ambassadors showing their frustration about missing money that was earmarked for Haitians – funneled through the Clinton Foundation

Haitians Protest At DNC For $6B Missing Relief Funds From Clinton Foundation

miamiherald.typepad.com...

PHILADELPHIA -- Conservative trackers recording protesters outside the Democratic National Convention grabbed footage of a small demonstration over the Clinton Foundation's spending in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake. "Where does Hillary belong?" the protesters ask, referring to presumptive presidential nominee Hillary Clinton. "In jail!" they answer.

The clip was recorded by the America Rising super PAC.

The Clinton Foundation’s Legacy in Haiti – “Haitians are more than upset

( Above link doesnt work see:www.youtube.com... )

further videos relating to other irregularities with the Clinton foundation

“Haiti Earthquake Contracts Ran Through The Clinton Foundation • Clinton Cash”

Commentator: “very lucrative opportunities”

So we have Trump trying to deal with a legacy program formed by Exec Order by Obama, with Dems threatening shutdown. He got frustrated and if we are to believe the unnamed sources from the Oval Office used “#hole” to describe Haiti

DACA Background
SEP 07, 2017

www.complex.com...

“Obama was accused by conservatives of overstepping his authority, but no legal challenge was made until Trump took office. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, a longtime opponent of the program, said in the formal announcement that the Obama administration "deliberately sought to achieve what the legislative branch specifically refused to authorize on multiple occasions. Such an open-ended circumvention of immigration laws was an unconstitutional exercise of authority by the executive branch."

edit on 12-1-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: vidoe not working

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just because you see someone's skin color first doesn't mean everyone else does.

Well. When you wanna talk about my person you'd have to read my replies first. I'm just floating above a German #hole in the Age of Drumpf to share historic mockery for rather idiotic remarks.
Take your racism talkingpoint to a history book and argue with 1885?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

As usual the only racists are the race-obsessed leftists who read race into something that had nothing to do with race. You see everyone for their skin color first. You are a racist if you read race into this.

The last few pages are people whining about how celebrities didn't move to Mexico after Trump winning and how that makes them racist.

Jesus, you guys live in a perpetual state of being offended.

link   
This disgusting ignoramus Trump has not any understanding how this can harm children from those countries.

Trump is a universal disgrace. A disgrace to the human race.

…That has made dramatic strides of trying to instill in people the unity of the human race and this pernicious creep Trump is trying to wreck the fragile accomplishments gained.

link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Well. When you wanna talk about my person you'd have to read my replies first. I'm just floating above a German #hole in the Age of Drumpf to share historic mockery for rather idiotic remarks.
Take your racism talkingpoint to a history book and argue with 1885?

I'll take that as conceding you can't address the substance of my post. That's fine, I knew you couldn't. I'll keep my racism talking point, and you can keep your actual racism.

Learn to see past people's skin color.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Trump is the one who perpetually offends decent human beings.
Those that give power to the beast are also responsible

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This disgusting ignoramus Trump has not any understanding how this can harm children from those countries.

Trump is a universal disgrace. A disgrace to the human race.

…That has made dramatic strides of trying to instill in people the unity of the human race and this pernicious creep Trump is trying to wreck the fragile accomplishments gained.

Someone make this into a 1st World Problems meme. A clueless privileged idiot in a first world country to whom an inane comment is this big of a deal having absolutely no way of conceiving how little this matters to kids who have to fight every day to find food and clean water. Your hurt feelings mean nothing to them.
edit on 12 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

Exactly.

Hypocrisy would be if we were outraged by Obama's comment on Libya and then said this comment was fine. I couldn't care less about either. The hypocrisy is from people who said nothing about Obama's comment and are pretending to be outraged about this. You're wrong.

The hypocrisy I am talking about is in making the comparison to begin with, not the reaction to it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

As usual the only racists are the race-obsessed leftists who read race into something that had nothing to do with race. You see everyone for their skin color first. You are a racist if you read race into this.

The last few pages are people whining about how celebrities didn't move to Mexico after Trump winning and how that makes them racist.

Jesus, you guys live in a perpetual state of being offended.

Pointing out more hypocrisy from entitled Hollywood elites is whining? Whatever you need to tell yourself bro. You know it's correct. The thought never even entered their heads to consider moving to a country like that. They only want to live with other rich white people.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Source 2016

Narrative busted.

Exactly.

The hypocrisy I am talking about is in making the comparison to begin with, not the reaction to it.

Nice attempt at spin, makes just as little sense as what you originally said. It's ok, I know better by now than to expect you to admit when you're wrong. It's not hypocrisy. Grab a dictionary.

I'll let you have your baseless reply full of spin, I have better things to do.
edit on 12 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

You don’t understand what a “leftist” is and you’re too immature to understand that the leader of the US is out of line insulting entire nations like that.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join