It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

This is a joke right? Sarcasm?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I don't mind Trump's swearing, but the answer to this question is obvious, people come here looking for an opportunity to escape from lives that are possibly full of poverty, oppression, and even danger. Is it such a bad thing to offer hope to people?

I don't think Trump would disagree with you and I bet there are 5 billion people that would love to come here to live. One of them is my sister in law who was approved 15 years ago and still waiting. Do undocumented aliens and people from suffering countries come before her? There are two parts here, one is what is good for the people coming and the other is what is good for our country in them coming here. I don't think EU is doing so well with their deflated view of mass immigration from suffering countries with only thinking about it would make immigrant lives better, which we can't even say that now.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

These days it's against the law to speak the truth.

Never mind that the people in question throw their litter everywhere, urinate and defecate in the streets, and refuse to pick up a paintbrush for decades.

I won't get into the crime statistics, as that is a thread in itself.

Some people are allergic to the truth. The Third World s**t hole countries are sending us their garbage and we are paying a very high price for it.
edit on 1/12/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2018 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

link   
I still don't know what the answer is as to why we take people from these countries. I am not the only one though. Apparently the democrats don't get it either and actually hold the same view as Trump. It is unclear who sent this email but it was sent to Podesta so it is a Dem insider and came out on wikileaks. It was also sent to a bunch of people at the huffpost and politico sent on 2-21-16

"What makes for successful immigration? It’s no brain surgery, but the media have long failed to provide a clear credible answer. They are unable to come up with an answer or don’t like the answer that’s staring them in the face. The main reason behind successful immigration should be painfully obvious to even the most dimwitted of observers: Some groups of people are almost always highly successful given only half a chance (Jews*, Hindus/Sikhs and Chinese people, for example), while others (Muslims, blacks** and Roma***, for instance) fare badly almost irrespective of circumstances. The biggest group of humanity can be found somewhere between those two extremes – the perennial overachievers and the professional never-do-wells."

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why did they remove it?

I hope ATS is not banning thread topics. I would find that hard to believe, but wow.

Was it removed for language or something in the OP?

link   
So when it comes out he did not say '#hole' who is going to apologize? Or does he not deserve one since he is a subconscious racist?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
So when it comes out he did not say '#hole' who is going to apologize? Or does he not deserve one since he is a subconscious racist?

What does people living like pigs have to do with race?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So it was racist when all the leftists said if Trump won, they'd move to Canada, right?

I mean, not one of them said they'd move to Mexico even though it's within biking distance from SoCal, implying Mexico is too much of a s*it hole for them to live in.

The left remains by far the most racist people on this land.
edit on 12-1-2018 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is exactly the kind of hypocrisy that I find hilarious.

Christian Christensen, an American professor of journalism at Stockholm University in neighboring Sweden, tweeted:

"Of course people from #Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they're poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power. ##hole"

ca.news.yahoo.com...

So all the people that thinks trumps comment was racist must agree that this comment would be too.

and there are many, many more people, including media people and celebrities, and academics, saying this.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is how the leftists fight against merit-based immigration.

With the Drumpfs migrating from that #hole Germany was at that time? Why not, that part of history is a tangerine communist. Probably Antifa as well.

I'm still waiting for an offer. This Diogenes could've been your diatribe, Mr. Presents!

You aren't addressing the issue of merit-based immigration which is used in many other countries and what Trump wants to implement.

Noes! Heritage is a merit I'm willing to address in this very context.

We're talking about #holes and Germany happens to be one during the Drumpfs Age of Migration. What he wants to implement, seems to be "not coming" from Norway though. Stupid vikings...

At this point, it would be wise to ask John Oliver for another clip with the Cowboy. This time he could explain the reasons for migration, possibly with snarky remarks regarding Drumpfs own history. You see the potential, right? Right? ... Right?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
This is exactly the kind of hypocrisy that I find hilarious.

Christian Christensen, an American professor of journalism at Stockholm University in neighboring Sweden, tweeted:

"Of course people from #Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they're poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power. ##hole"

ca.news.yahoo.com...

So all the people that thinks trumps comment was racist must agree that this comment would be too.

and there are many, many more people, including media people and celebrities, and academics, saying this.

you must see what this comment was doing.
are you just removing intellectual consideration and pretend you actually don't know or understand what that reply is trying to convey?

you just want to decry hypocrisy so much so, you try to compare a reply to the very initial statement?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As usual the only racists are the race-obsessed leftists who read race into something that had nothing to do with race. You see everyone for their skin color first. You are a racist if you read race into this.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If those places aren’t sh*tholes, then people wouldn’t be leaving to come here.

Didnt your ancestors started in such .holes??

They sure did. They came over here, learned the language, and busted their ass to become financially independent. They didn’t come here to sponge off the established US taxpayer with their hands out for free education and healthcare without bothering to assimilate.

And I'm sure you believed that myth.

How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare.
Whites, angered at blacks and immigrants receiving “government handouts,” forget they were lifted out of poverty through racially exclusive welfare programs in the 30s.

inthesetimes.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Either calling a country a s-hole is racist or its not.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Race has nothing to do with migration? Depends on the race though, 24hLesMans?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Trump aside, you can go out and just talk to normal people - drop some cold hard truth in there and they get overtly offended. People turn in an instant to pathological liars, like some kind of zombie virus. # 'em.

Example. I live on a council estate. I know which flats/houses are the drug dealers. Bumped into a friend who never comes to this estate and they were heading towards probably the biggest drug dealer flat here. I said, "going to buy some drugs then?" and the guy reeled, "no" etc etc. Lo and behold he walks in and leaves 5 minutes later. I see this guy out and about for 10 years and have never seen him once with the person who lives in said flat. Couldn't handle someone else pointing out the blatant truth, immediately putting up defences, lying through teeth. Turns out his wife just left him and I can take a guess, if he's that bad at lying to me can't imagine what he was like with his ex-wife.

Another example, another person on this estate. Lives right next to me. I see/hear them coming and going and all their guests cos they're #s about it. Some issue with his son, I said, I've never seen your son (even though I practically know everyone this person hangs out with, and for many years, we were quite a large social group, him and his comrades always outside the window chatting etc) to which he reeled and put up defences "My son comes round a lot". Absolute bollocks. I don't understand these people, who will lie through their teeth for whatever reason, I can't decide if it's simply because they can't handle someone else observing the cold hard truth of their life or some other reason. Maybe they've always been pathological liars and I'm just prone to speaking to pathological liars. But it's almost like things like social media have given people this fake bubble that they live in and assume everyone else will live in it too. When you burst it they can only react with defensive lies. But like I said, # 'em.

On topic, I don't really care what Trump said. Most of us call certain places on earth #-holes. I call Greece a #-hole cos that was the experience I had there, I'm not gonna butter it up. And if you've visited my country and found things you don't particularly like and describe it or parts of it as a #hole I'd hope to accomodate that view and not go haywire on yo ass...! There are not nice things and places in the UK and if that's all someone ever sees I think they're well entitled to say it how it is. I can appreciate the term #hole over the political press-release rose-tinted jibbery-joo you could've expected from the former presidency. I like up-front politicians who know and see how things work on street level and most of all remain connected to that fact. That their multi million dollar/pound politician lifestyle hasn't sort of, taken that away, erased that fact, that truth.

The age of the career politcian is over. It's never coming back, IMO. Obama was the last one to get a way with it - manufactured purely for politics. Now we have businessmen who have established themselves over the last 30 years or so penetrating political circles a lot more often. In 30 years time that'll be something different, YouTubers. Or people who lived on the poverty line in modern times and found success perhaps through entrepreneurial skills etc. More and more people with "real world" experience are taking a leap of faith in the political direction. It may be rough to start with, but I think it's a good direction. Manufactured career politicians get away with murder, but for real-world experiencers it's a lot harder to be like that. Trump may not be perfect but he's the shape of things to come, better get used to it, career politicians are dead. We've evolved, thankfully, beyond that. Well, until you start talking about Oprah. Hard to tell where exactly we've reached on the evolutionary scale then
But, she's just more proof that folks would rather have that over a career politician.

Guess my point is - the truth hurts. Like really butt hurts, like a big penis being rammed up there, for so many people these days, it's laughable. And pathetic. Political correctness is never going to work fully because it's a form of mind control. Sure it's polite, but it's um, not the cold hard truth. And not everyone likes their facts delivered in that way, even if the "majority" do. Political correctness is dead or dying and career politicians days are numbered. These are exciting times, if you focus on that and shutter out the "noise" created by the people who can't seem to handle it. Our minds are allowed a little bit of wandering space, the walls are no longer closing in like some indiana jones scene. Some folks have simply become so used to seeing those walls moving inwards that when they stop they can't handle or accept it or you know, do that thing most people do when they are startled, react wildly.
edit on 12-1-2018 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The funniest thing about the ignoramus' comment was why the US couldn't take immigrants from countries such as Norway instead😂

Hilarious.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Generalizing and pushing blame off to entire segments of the human population is a great tactic to remove personal guilt and responsibility. There are brilliant people in these "sh**hole" countries that could thrive and contribute more than many of the people that are casting disparages at them.

There is a long and well documented history of pushing blame to entire groups of people. History has shown what happens when you dehumanize and make them a mark. The comments of "he's just saying what others are thinking" now just highlight the fact that these tactics are working, and that we have truly lost our moral compass. If you believe that other segments of the world are responsible for your personal misfortune, and that shouting #MAGA will help you sleep better at night by believing that this is the case, you are the problem.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Unless your country is a 'sh**hole'.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I can literally hear the screeching from here.

2018 is gonna be another rough one for the libs...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join