It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You don’t judge everything by wealth. And call poorer people # holes

That’s something children learn

Of course that’s why Trump has the mentality of a child who hasn’t learned his lessons

The only thing that makes America a "shinning example” of anything is its wealth

Go to Appalachia and see the massive drug addiction and then travel to Chicago and you’ll see a lot of #holes
exactly! chicago, appalchia, detroit, most of the small towns around where i live( inhabited by a spectrum of races) ARE $#!+holes. So how can you say "$#!+hole is a racist term when all the domestic $#!+ holes you listed have a good mix of races and nationalities?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

A subconscious racist? That's even better.

Look. There are now terms to attach to someone who is racist. It is also not just about hate.

If a white person hates a black person it is not racism.
If a black person hates a white person it is not racism.
If a white person thinks all blacks are lazy it is not racism.
If a black person thinks all whites are crackers it is not racism.

If you actively think that you are superior in all ways to another 'race' of people that is racism. By definition. End of story.

Our president, or anyone else for that matter, saying a place is as #hole is not racist. Non tactful for pussy-pansy politics, sure, but not racist.

edit on Janam31amf0000002018-01-12T10:07:13-06:001013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Those are just arseholes...not racists. Insecure arseholes....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Eshel

Trump is a racist. He may not be an active racist but his personality by default is.

An active racist? Hmmm...this is a good one. So are there a lot of deactive racists in America? His personality be default? Now that is prejudice which can lead to racism so are you just a hater of old white men or all white men? I wanted to know so I can put you on my list of people who never would require my attention.

Okay. Let me rephrase so you can understand better. He may be a subconscious racist. That clear it up for ya?

I hate no man. Even those that disgust me.

And please, I beg you, ignore me.

jesus jumping christ.

Perhaps you are a "subconscious" bigot and that is why you assume anyone defending trump is immoral.

Congratulations for making the list.

Thanks a lot.

I am mature enough not to make a list of people to ignore because we have disagreements, but I am glad you enjoy doing so.

I wish you the best!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Better tell all of those people of color who voted for him. Seems their numbers for DJT grew over how they voted since...forever for a Republican.

The only reason this story broke was because he refused DACA and what they presented. Now the Senate can say they
presented a great soultion' but the president was racist so lets shut down the government.

Realize, our Senate is going to let our country 'shut down' because our president does not want to overburden our country with more immigrants.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MantheDevilsApe

I'm sure no one is giving any emotion or human qualities to those words.
The issue is the context of how trump used it. There's probably unlimited examples of the definition of #hole. That's not the issue here.
It's trumps calling those nations of brown skinned people #holes. He was very specific in his use and who that included.
No class.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As usual, media shoots themselves in the foot. Initial reporting was that he called Haiti a #hole. If you listen to Durbin's interview, he says that Trump questioned taking more immigrants from Haiti, saying something along the lines of "Why do we need more people from Haiti?" Then, Durbin says, he moved on to talking about some African countries, and called them #holes. Which is just as bad, if you find such language offensive. However, the inaccuracy gives Trump room to just say "nah I didn't say that the way they're quoting it" and he's right! What a bunch of morons. How can they not even get that right and leave him room to maneuver? Because they're all in such a rush to print something anti-Trump they can't be bothered with little things like accuracy.

Then you get the over the top claims of racism which make the media even less credible on this. They put their foot in their own mouth as much as Trump does, which is quite the feat. Way to go dummies.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

There's no bottom to this barrel.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
“White evangelicals overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump in the 2016 election and were a key part of his constituency. As his presidency nears the 100-day mark, surveys conducted since Trump’s inauguration tell a similar story.”
www.pewresearch.org...

Knowing he was a racist and an unethical human. I have lost all respect and good will toward these double talking cults.

I can only speak from my own experience. My step mother and step brothers encouraged me to vote for Trump. Which I did. They told me they don't believe Trump is racist. They believed he could see they were actual Americans not simply a stereo-typical African American category! They have never stepped a toe on that continent and don't know anyone else who has either! They explained to me that such generic labeling is where the real racists are found!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I caught that also but no one will listen. Again, this is just the news cycle to keep down anything good that comes out of the WH which all the haters say is nothing.

Trump rejected their DACA deal so he is attacked in the media. This is nothing new...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

you're being daft. You full well understand the meaning I'm trying to convey.

The point of my post was to say that perhaps what he is thinking is ok because he seriously doesn't know any better. You can define it however you want. If you seriously can not understand that, then you are definitely as bad as he is.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

“Better tell all of those people of color who voted for him. Seems their numbers for DJT grew over how they voted since...forever for a Republican. “

The people who want more laws for more religious freedom, and more laws for more gun freedom, and more uterus laws, will never vote democrat.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So people get triggered...people want world leaders to get triggered...people say this is not how our President should speak to the world about other countries...

The problem here is it was in a private Oval Office meeting... So the big question is who is the #head that leaked the #hole statement?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
More hysteria.

UN spokeman says Trumps comments could endanger lives.

The U.N. human rights office says President Donald Trump’s reported use of an expletive to describe Africa and other countries could “potentially damage and disrupt the lives of many people.”

Repeating the term attributed to Trump a day earlier, spokesman Rupert Colville says that “you cannot dismiss entire countries and continents as ‘#holes’.”

Colville said Friday that the comments, if confirmed, were “shocking and shameful” and “I’m sorry, but there’s no other word one can use but racist.”

Colville says Trump’s reported comment could endanger lives by potentially fanning xenophobia: “It legitimizes the targeting of people based on who they are.”

“This isn’t just a story about vulgar language, it’s about opening the door to humanity’s worst side,” he said.

www.apnews.com...

If I lived in Africa, I would be less concerned about Trumps words and more concerned about UN killing and raping people.

UN peacekeepers accused of killing and rape in Central African Republic

Amnesty International claims troops raped 12-year-old-girl and shot dead a father and his son while indiscriminately shooting in the street after armed clashes
www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
More hysteria.

UN spokeman says Trumps comments could endanger lives.

The U.N. human rights office says President Donald Trump’s reported use of an expletive to describe Africa and other countries could “potentially damage and disrupt the lives of many people.”

Repeating the term attributed to Trump a day earlier, spokesman Rupert Colville says that “you cannot dismiss entire countries and continents as ‘#holes’.”

Colville said Friday that the comments, if confirmed, were “shocking and shameful” and “I’m sorry, but there’s no other word one can use but racist.”

Colville says Trump’s reported comment could endanger lives by potentially fanning xenophobia: “It legitimizes the targeting of people based on who they are.”

“This isn’t just a story about vulgar language, it’s about opening the door to humanity’s worst side,” he said.

www.apnews.com...

If I lived in Africa, I would be less concerned about Trumps words and more concerned about UN killing and raping people.

UN peacekeepers accused of killing and rape in Central African Republic

Amnesty International claims troops raped 12-year-old-girl and shot dead a father and his son while indiscriminately shooting in the street after armed clashes
www.theguardian.com...

This type of ridiculous overreaction is the main reason why these incidents keep blowing over with him. The false claims of the sky falling put the actual gaffe in perspective and most reasonable people just wind up thinking "meh, not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things".

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ironically enough he's right now signing a MLK day proclamation. Not a smile in the room on the face of any person of color.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So people get triggered...people want world leaders to get triggered...people say this is not how our President should speak to the world about other countries...

The problem here is it was in a private Oval Office meeting... So the big question is who is the #head that leaked the #hole statement?

The better question would be who that was in that meeting didn't privately agree with him? You gotta admit he has a point from a practical perspective. We should import more people from advanced nations.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Ironically enough he's right now signing a MLK day proclamation. Not a smile in the room on the face of any person of color.

Except the black man speaking right now with a smile on his face.

Do you ever not post lies?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly.

Maybe I could take these media,politicans and celebreties a little more seriously if they had even a shred of this level of outrage of Hillary actually harming haiti.

Maybe if the called out all of the people, politicans included that mock "fly over country" in the US.

Then maybe there outrage would seem a little more sincere.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So the big question is who is the #head that leaked the #hole statement?

Mr Drumpf himself, in front of a fcking webcam. Surveillance is a bitch and karma strikes back!

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join