It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Let he/her who has never used a profanity towards someone be the next to post.

Lord love a duck...an honest man...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
that`s right, but we can`t deport them because they are U.S. citizens but that doesn`t mean we need more criminals we have enough of our own homegrown criminals.

edit on 12-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Have you shot any living animal with one of those guns yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Want to see RACISM? Here it is. Straight from Nancy Pelosi today.
nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Even when Germans were coming here, the U.S. was chosing who to allow on, and was leaving People in they thought would help the country.

No. The first legislation to place significant restrictions on immigration was the Page Act of 1875 which only applied to Asians and convicts. The next Yellow Peril driven act was the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882. It was passed to... exclude Chinese people.

It wasn't until 1921 and the Emergency Quota Act that nation based quotas were first considered. It set a quota for immigration on countries of origins based on the number of people from those countries to have immigrated as of the 1910 US Census. (3% to be specific) That was immediately followed up in 1924 with Johnson-Reed (Immigration Act of 1924). As the Office of the Historian notes:

In all of its parts, the most basic purpose of the 1924 Immigration Act was to preserve the ideal of U.S. homogeneity. Congress revised the Act in 1952.

www.vdare.com...

But I suppose that these politicians needed to lie to get one over on the racist people who didn't want massive immigration and demographic change.

I know you probably just Googled and came up with that link but FYI, VDARE is a white nationalist website which features the writing likes of Steve Sailer and Jared Taylor. The article you're citing is an excerpt from some crap published be The Social Contract, publishing company of eugenicist John Tanton, who is behind all of the biggest anti-immigration orgs in the country.

Again you ignore that the hyperbolic reaction from the people with power is far greater with trumps comment than Hillary or Obama's.

I do not have a problem with trump stating facts about countries, and wanting to get the best immigrants for our country.

You see it as hyperbolic because as you say yourself, you don't have a problem with Trump saying what he said so of course any negative reaction would be disproportionate. You also view Obama's statement as being "purely insulting" even though it's really not all that insulting at all when you read the actual quote and if nothing else, it's clear from the quote that it wasn't intended as an insult.

Trump wasn't stating facts about countries — he was giving his opinion of people from those countries. If the issue is really "getting the best immigrants" which I personally find to be bull# (and Trumpkin shills like Miller call liberals "elitists"), then the solution would be strictly merit based immigration having nothing at all to do with country of origin.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Another classy comment by a president. Media worldwide have a party going on right now.

Example:
US-Präsident Trump soll Haiti und Teile Afrikas "Dreckslöcher" genannt haben.

Top story of the morning.
Congratulations.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprodicalson

Nigerians Are The Most Educated Immigrants In The United States 

Nigerian immigrants have the highest levels of education in this city and the nation, surpassing whites and Asians, according to Census data bolstered by an independent analysis of 13 annual Houston-area surveys.
www.gistmania.com...

African Skylines..The Other Africa
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Klik above.
Not saying all is wonderful in Africa a continent of 55 nations with varying degrees of development and there is a lot to fix, but the president saying what's he thinks will play well with his base do not speak highly of them.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Remember when the Republican party embraced "family values"... seems like it wasn't even that long ago.

Such a quick turnaround from aspiring to Ward & June to now looking up to BIff Tannen.
And all done with some sort of sad arrogance.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh and the NPR called haiti a s***hole in their own way.

You Probably Don't Want To Know About Haiti's Sewage Problems
www.npr.org...

Woah woah woah wait.

I don’t post much but let me say one thing:

How much do you all know about the level of sewer and sanitary systems in rural parts of the South including Alabama?

I mean.

Does anyone else find the irony here or...

Can we also talk about our murder rates in comparison with many developing countries? Maternal fatality rates? Increasing prevalence of preventable communicable diseases? Dependence on welfare systems? Lack of post-high school education?

Can we talk about all the whitebread conservatives who go on “mission trips” to “help” in developing countries?! Using their passports for the first time?

Aaaaagghhhh it just makes my head explode. I can’t even. Kudos to the few people who have kept this website from going completely downhill. I mean really.
edit on 1/12/2018 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: carewemust

No

Wanna see more? guns
Swords and knives too

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

trump asked why we leave so many people in from S***hole countries.
And the people are going nuts over it.

If Obama had said this would others go nuts? As a presidential representative for us, the comment is in bad taste imho, regardless, of who's company they are in.
Some are amazed at how folks condemn a person because of who they are... and others are amazed at how other folks defend a person because of who they are.
edit on 5amf31332131 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lots of funding sources like foundations and grants require host organizations as well as in-country program partners on the grants. Often these show up as funds diverted to non-Haitian organizations if the organization is registered elsewhere even if all of the funding is directly supporting in-country Hatian staff. Soooooooooooo maybe learn a little more about international development work before you go misinterpreting more graphs?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Also, sorry, last point—

I guarantee you that 90% of you would not pass the merit-based system being proposed to raise the bar for immigration to the US.

My friends and I, who all are Americans and native English speakers with advanced degrees, technical skills, and practical specialized work experience didn’t even make the theoretical cut, or just barely did. Did you even look at what the requirements are???

Go ahead. Maybe let’s all leave and then start this proposed merit-based system and see who ends up colonizing this country next.
edit on 1/12/2018 by ravenshadow13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

(lol) I don't know if such a scene is staged or genuine, but if the latter then it's good to see a politician speaking for the people for a change.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
amazing to see people defending this kind of thing.... just sheerly amazing. i learn more about america every day. not generally good things i'm learning, but still.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
We have all said it I bet but would we say it with the whole world watching?.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Apparently, from the source from the meeting, Trump also said this:

"Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out"

If this is so, not sure where so many are certain he is only talking about the countries and not the people?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
amazing to see people defending this kind of thing.... just sheerly amazing. i learn more about america every day. not generally good things i'm learning, but still.

Why are you amazed, we have seen, listened to & read trumps supporters, we know what their beliefs are.

K~

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Why are you amazed, we have seen, listened to & read trumps supporters, we know what their beliefs are.

i tend to assume most people aren't nazis, but i'm coming to think more and more people are lowkey racist and totally fine with it.

sometimes i think we all live in different americas, in our heads.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join