It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:47 PM

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AMPTAH

People need to ask Trump to "define" the ideal immigrant he thinks America should take in.

That's easy.

One that obeys US LAW.

Oh, come on.

Even US citizens, don't obey US Law.

Requiring someone to be squeeky clean, and obey all laws is a bar higher than any American can bear.

Even the President, and Presidental Candidates, Trump, Clinton, etc..are all breaking various laws.

That's what all the turmoil is about currently, Russia, Servers in her basement, just can't use that, else you'd exclude and expel all citizens from the land.

edit on 11-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:49 PM
Just for snips and giggles since theres 'no' logic in travel bans.

The book details how Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps trains foreign fighters in 15 various camps in Iran to export terrorism. The IRGC has created a large directorate within its extraterritorial arm, the Quds Force, in order to expand its training of foreign mercenaries as part of the strategy to step up its meddling abroad in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Afghanistan and elsewhere. This book explains the kind of training is provided in each camp, who the trainers are, where they are dispatched to, as well as satellite imagery of the locations of these camps all over the country.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:51 PM

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96

Again, if Islamic terrorism does not recognize borders, what logic is there in a travel ban in the first place?

The FACT that state sponsors of terrorism have terrorist training camps.

The 'news' use to show them all the time back in the 90s.

Using a mugshot of Bill Clinton as target practice.

But Islamic terrorism knows no borders. They could just move their camps to a nation not under the ban, regardless of the state that sponsored them.

So again, using your logic, what logic is there in a ban in the first place?
edit on 11-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

a reply to: Grambler

Trumps question was legitimate.

These countries are crappy.

Statistics also show that immigrating from Dr appt countries on average leads to struggling economically, and having a lower skill set.

You mean like most of our forebearers? 60% of this country has some amount of German ancestry. One of my 3rd great grandfathers came to this country in 1853 with 19 other members of his family and several others from his small German village.

See, their homeland was economically # and they'd been hit with successive years of crop failures and there wasn't enough food to go around. So after taking a collection one year to buy potatoes to feed everyone, the following year they took another collection to buy passage for the poorest quarter of the village to America and basically kicked them out.

Tens of millions of mostly poor German laborers came in big waves. In such large numbers that Catholics became the largest religious group in America and German became the most common ancestry. The fact is, most people immigrate for a chance at a better life so it only stands to reason that immigrants aren't coming in large numbers from the richest countries.

That doesn't mean that the people are bad.

No, it doesn't. But in Trump's view, it makes them unacceptable as prospective countrymen.

As far as cling to guns and bibles, you know obama meant it as an insult, and are being dis honest presenting it otherwise.

I disagree entirely so no, I'm not being dishonest. Here's the quote:

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

You don't think there's truth in that observation? Hell, he might as well have been giving Trump notes for his playbook. I'll also note that Obama didn't blame the "fake news media" when people were offended. He sought to clarify his remarks and apologized for any offense:

"I said something everybody knows is true, which is there are a whole bunch of folks in small towns in Pennsylvania, in towns right here in Indiana, in my home town in Illinois, who are bitter,' he said on a visit to Muncie, Indiana. 'So I said when you're bitter, you turn to what you can count on. So people vote about guns, or they take comfort from their faith and their family and their community,' he said. 'Now, I didn't say it as well as I should have. If I worded things in a way that made people offended, I deeply regret that."

Saying people are deplorable is not anything based in fact, it is purely an insult.

You've never insulted an entire group of Americans based on their politics? Ever? Not even just being careless? You've never made a statement about "liberals" or "Clinton supporters?" Because I know you and I have both seen some pretty broad strokes when it comes to insulting political opposition and I'm not nominating myself for sainthood here.

It was a stupid statement. It was offensive. There was a big outrage. She also didn't win the election.

Yes neither is nice, but the person running is way worse for obvious reasons.

And you don't think it's even worse when the person is President of the United States of America rather than a candidate for the job?
edit on 2018-1-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

a reply to: AMPTAH

Why not ?

The rule of law is the foundation of this country.

If you want to live in a place where nobody follows it.

Then let ANARCHY reign supreme.

They don't have to follow then no one else has to.

The Affordable Care Act is meaningless.

Gun control is meaningless.

Green legislation is meaningless.

And the list goes on.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:52 PM
Another moronic statement from Trump.

It’s funny how every time he says stupid ****, the Trumpites immediately deflect and bring up Obama and Hillary. You all keep saying “stop crying she lost!” yet you CONSTANTLY bring her up. Obama’s been out of office for a year now, why are you constantly bringing him up as well?

I mean, I do not like Obama or Hillary but it’s quite sad.

I’m not surprised the Trumpites see no problem with him wanting white immigrants over colored immigrants. Also, why do we take people in from 3rd world countries? Because that’s what America has been about since it’s inception for the most part. I forgot that Trumpites are selective when it comes to the morality of America though.

The fact that he’s applauded by Trumpites for being ignorant and classless just shows the mindset of most Trumpites.

Oh and please stop considering Hillary Clinton and CNN as the “Left” lol

I swear, conservatives think that the “Left” is like the Empire from Star Wars.

You post anything that goes against a conservatives beliefs and immediately they yell “THE LEFT THE LEFT!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:01 AM
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!

He should speak on behalf of my Kimber 45 too!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:01 AM
a reply to: theantediluvian

Even when Germans were coming here, the U.S. was chosing who to allow on, and was leaving People in they thought would help the country.

And it was promised in the 1965 immigration act that millions of immigrants would not be taken in every year, and they would not change the demographics of the country.

“Out of deference to the critics, I want to comment on … what the bill will not do. First, our cities will not be flooded with a million immigrants annually. Under the proposed bill, the present level of immigration remains substantially the same … Secondly, the ethnic mix of this country will not be upset … Contrary to the charges in some quarters

But I suppose that these politicians needed to lie to get one over on the racist people who didn't want massive immigration and demographic change.

As for the bottom of your post.

Again you ignore that the hyperbolic reaction from the people with power is far greater with trumps comment than Hillary or Obama's.

I do not have a problem with trump stating facts about countries, and wanting to get the best immigrants for our country.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:10 AM

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Your "CNN Fact-Checkers" thingy is, how do I put this...a complete lie.

Oh yeah?

A US Government Accountability Office report discovered no hint of wrongdoing, but concluded the IHRC's decisions were "not necessarily aligned with Haitian priorities".

Mr Clinton's own office at the UN found 9% of the foreign aid cash went to the Haitian government and 0.6% to local organisations.

The bulk of it went to UN agencies, international aid groups, private contractors and donor countries' own civilian and military agencies.

And everyone knows as a norm only about 10% of the rest of the 'donations' income money goes to typical charity end users.

And then there's all the people they HURT, you conveniently skipped past.

edit on 12-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:11 AM

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: tigertatzen

So you don't see a difference in the president talking with congressmen and people on facebook?

Maybe that is one of the problems we have as a society.

President Camacho is legit.

Where did I ever mention facebook? Putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say is not going to magically make your position somehow more valid. It actually achieves the opposite result.

I am talking about people whom I personally know, who denigrate places like Haiti and the people who reside there in conversation regularly, acting scandalized by the POTUS allegedly saying the word "#" in a comment that; until someone decided to blow it into media fodder to push an agenda, would not have even been public knowledge. It is contrived, and hypocritical.

But yes. I do see a difference. People posting publicly, trash talking other countries and their inhabitants with memes and jokes and disparaging, ignorant remarks that anyone can see are a far cry from a man who may or may not have made a truthful comment in which he used profanity...the same word that can be heard on television every day in fact...behind closed doors, out of earshot and not plastered all over the place.

Until of course someone decided it would be a good idea to run to the media with it. Trump didn't do that. Someone else did that. To garner precisely the reaction that they got.

Which is exactly why everyone should ignore it and look for what isn't making headlines that should be, instead. If he had said it on Twitter instead of in a closed meeting, the obvious agenda wouldn't have been so obvious...that's a public outlet. But he didn't.

Anyone who thinks conversation doesn't happen like that on a routine basis in those oval office meetings is not operating within the boundaries of reality. The difference here is that Trump was the one who is alleged to have said it, so it suddenly became a big deal...reported out as if it is a known, proven fact that he even said it in the first place.

You don't have to be a diehard Trump supporter to see that there is an agenda hard at work here. I am far from the only person who didn't vote for him who can clearly see this. But with every new, blatant and pathetically desperate attempt at making him out to be a really bad person in the public view, we're starting to pull for him more and more.

And when the people behind it start to wonder why everybody is defecting to the other side, they can thank themselves for their failed smear campaign. Maybe next time they'll stop and think before they get so heavy handed in their desperation.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:12 AM
I thought all Americans outside of 1st nations , came from Sh..hole countries, from the pilgrims to boat ppl

Look let's be honest here, he is talking about white ppl , he is into the ethno state thing that much is clear.

America have never been a whites only nation despite what most ppl think, I'm not surprised at Trump's comments but can we pls dispense with the BS that he is not a racist asshole?? And a divider ,a charge leveled at Obama for no freakin reason.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:27 AM

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

President uses an adjective and people are losing their minds.

Terrorist organization CNN brought in an entire panel to tie this comment to all his other statements since 2015, regarding people with darker skin.

'Terrorist'? Seriously? You continue to disappoint me.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:29 AM
Come on y'all. It's just 'real talk' from president Trump.

Why does someone's vote from some backwoods uneducated sh__hole state count for more than mine?

Oh wait, you probably won't like that since the Trump crowd only like it when "they" are calling a spade a spade.
edit on 12-1-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:33 AM
While I think that Trump can at times be a bit crude, and choose ill spoken worked, however, there are a few things that can be stated:

While yes in the past prior presidents, such as LBJ said things that were not said in polite company or civil, and while they may have spoken ill of other countries, but they were very careful and guarded with their words. And with good reason, one misspoken word could have dire consequences and often could cause some countries to rethink possible business or strategic alliances. And while it may have been acceptable in the past, the question should be is it now?

The USA is not a third world country or an up and coming tech power like India or even Japan, but a first world country, where the words of the President and actions are often listened to and ripple around the world. Even when the USA is wrong, words are often used as both to set alliances, and or cause problems.

The best point in case for this, would be April 1, 2001. The Hainan Island incident, where the Chinese forces a US EP-3 down. Before the crew or even the plane could be released the Chinese wanted an apology from President Bush. Diplomats went back and forth, the wording had to be very specific and one wrong or misplaced word and the Chinese would not release the crew. After the apology was acceptable for both sides, the crew was released and the plane eventually returned back to the USA.

While Haiti may not be a good country and is slow to recover from the earthquake that happened, however insulting it, pretty much is going to go over badly and the initial reports is that it was taken very badly by the Haitian government and they are wanting answers as to what was said, in what context and what all did Trump mean by his statement. This is going to put diplomatic pressure on both governments. While the USA may not feel the pressure as of yet, but it could cause some other difficulties for the USA down the line.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:38 AM

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: trollz
Alot of countries ARE complete sh*tholes. I highly doubt any of the people angry about him saying this are going to volunteer to go live in Somalia. He's just being honest and saying what everybody knows, but god forbid anyone acknowledge it.

In fact, they are so sh*tty people are willing to cross deserts and float on inner tubes just to get to America...

You mean Europe.

No ones floating across the Atlantic on make shift rafts from Africa..... yet.

Only the Mediterranean .

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:38 AM

you trying to make sense of this was painful to read

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:41 AM

originally posted by: Willtell

He refers to Haitian and African as having sh__hole countries and why can't we have them from Norway

And that isn't a racist statement?

No its a fact.

Haiti and most African countries are corrupt and terrible places to live filled with very uneducated people who have few skills to offer.

Norway is very rich, has one of the highest standards of living in the world and a education system better than the USA.

Its a FACT immigrants from Norway will contribute more.

Thats not racism, at worst its educational elitism.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:43 AM

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Willtell

The only racism I saw in that thread clearly came from you, as I pointed out.

So I'm a racist for calling Trump a racist for saying African and Haitian countries are sh__ holes

You lack logic and sense

Ok, go to these countries and take photos showing how there standard of living is so amazing!

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:52 AM
Once I hear an argument lamenting something Trump said one time, I know we’re in the midst of a would-be censor.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:57 AM

originally posted by: Theprodicalson

He refers to Haitian and African as having sh__hole countries and why can't we have them from Norway

And that isn't a racist statement?

No its a fact.

Haiti and most African countries are corrupt and terrible places to live filled with very uneducated people who have few skills to offer.

Norway is very rich, has one of the highest standards of living in the world and a education system better than the USA.

Its a FACT immigrants from Norway will contribute more.

Thats not racism, at worst its educational elitism.

Norway has a much higher standard of living than America does, why would they want to downgrade their lifestyles?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>