It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps comment that used profanity about countries immigrants come from and reactions to it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I cant believe there isnt a thread on this. (if so mods please remove)

So for those that dont know, trump said in a non public meeting today, trump asked why we leave so many people in from S***hole countries.

And the people are going nuts over it.

Social media erupted Thursday after President Trump slammed protections for immigrants from “s--thole countries” in the Caribbean and Africa, while some leaders chose to ignore his controversial remarks.

“Why are we having all these people from s--thole countries come here?” the President reportedly griped during an Oval Office meeting Thursday afternoon.

Advocacy group leaders called Trump’s comments “racist” but chose not to focus on his latest attack on immigrants.

www.nydailynews.com...

There are many more comments there and elsewhere.

I think that although in a crude manner, trump asked what many people have been thinking.

The reaction to these comments were interesting to me.

Now maybe you fine them crude and not Presidential, and thats fine. But it wasnt a public meeting. LBJ apparently swore during meetings he had while sitting on the john. But if that is your stance, you certainly are entitled to it.

But for those expressing moral outrage, I have to question.

First, he didnt say that a race of people were bad or anything like that. He said the countries they come from are crappy, which is true, hence why they are leaving.

But even still I have to wonder if the same people so outraged today spoke up when Obama mocked parts of this country for clinging to their guns and bibles. Or when hillary called them deplorable. Why is pointing out some countries are crappy eggregious, when demeaninbg certain US citizens is acceptable?

Further more, where were these people when people investigating the russian collusion are now considering just having russian heritage as making you suspicious?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or worse than words, how about when people in Haiti claimed Hillary actually hurt their country. Where were these same that are so outraged then?

The Miami Herald has a video of Haitian activists protesting the Democratic National Convention, primarily because of the “Clinton Foundation’s spending in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.” According to The Nation in a piece titled The Shelters That Clinton Built, the Clinton Foundation provided Haiti with trailers “structurally unsafe and laced with formaldehyde” that “came from the same company being sued for sickening Hurricane Katrina victims.” Pertaining to the Clinton Foundation’s legacy in Haiti, The New York Times writes “the Clintons have become prime targets of blame for the country’s woes.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now granted, some may have been outraged about all of these things. But the vaast majority mad at truimps words today (at least public figures) were not speaking up on it.

Another thing that has resulted is some of the people against trump not being able to be honest about the poor conditions in these countries.

Watch Joan Walsh here say she cant decide where she would want to live, Haiti or Norway.

Its this refusal to say the truth that so many are tired of.

I think trumps question, while crude, is legitimate.

Why do we accept so many immigrants from third world type countries?

Perhaps the politicians taken aback by the crude language should actually give an answer to that question.

edit on 11-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh and the NPR called haiti a s***hole in their own way.

You Probably Don't Want To Know About Haiti's Sewage Problems
www.npr.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I posted the President's ChitHole comments in 3 existing threads today, along with the comment that an Anti-America/Anti-Trump ATS member would start a thread at any moment. That was 4 hours ago!

edit on 1/11/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

President uses an adjective and people are losing their minds.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So for those that dont know, trump said in a non public meeting today, trump asked why we leave so many people in from S***hole countries.

And the people are going nuts over it.

Social media erupted Thursday after President Trump slammed protections for immigrants from “s--thole countries” in the Caribbean and Africa, while some leaders chose to ignore his controversial remarks.

“Why are we having all these people from s--thole countries come here?” the President reportedly griped during an Oval Office meeting Thursday afternoon.

Advocacy group leaders called Trump’s comments “racist” but chose not to focus on his latest attack on immigrants.

www.nydailynews.com...

There are many more comments there and elsewhere.

I think that although in a crude manner, trump asked what many people have been thinking.

The reaction to these comments were interesting to me.

Now maybe you fine them crude and not Presidential, and thats fine. But it wasnt a public meeting. LBJ apparently swore during meetings he had while sitting on the john. But if that is your stance, you certainly are entitled to it.

But for those expressing moral outrage, I have to question.

First, he didnt say that a race of people were bad or anything like that. He said the countries they come from are crappy, which is true, hence why they are leaving.

But even still I have to wonder if the same people so outraged today spoke up when Obama mocked parts of this country for clinging to their guns and bibles. Or when hillary called them deplorable. Why is pointing out some countries are crappy eggregious, when demeaninbg certain US citizens is acceptable?

Further more, where were these people when people investigating the russian collusion are now considering just having russian heritage as making you suspicious?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or worse than words, how about when people in Haiti claimed Hillary actually hurt their country. Where were these same that are so outraged then?

The Miami Herald has a video of Haitian activists protesting the Democratic National Convention, primarily because of the “Clinton Foundation’s spending in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake.” According to The Nation in a piece titled The Shelters That Clinton Built, the Clinton Foundation provided Haiti with trailers “structurally unsafe and laced with formaldehyde” that “came from the same company being sued for sickening Hurricane Katrina victims.” Pertaining to the Clinton Foundation’s legacy in Haiti, The New York Times writes “the Clintons have become prime targets of blame for the country’s woes.”

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Now granted, some may have been outraged about all of these things. But the vaast majority mad at truimps words today (at least public figures) were not speaking up on it.

Another thing that has resulted is some of the people against trump not being able to be honest about the poor conditions in these countries.

Watch Joan Walsh here say she cant decide where she would want to live, Haiti or Norway.

Its this refusal to say the truth that so many are tired of.

I think trumps question, while crude, is legitimate.

Why do we accept so many immigrants from third world type countries?

Perhaps the politicians taken aback by the crude language should actually give an answer to that question.

Just beat me...

Once again, he simply saying what middle america is thinking.

link   
There was a thread on this, it was removed.

+41 more 
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hillary helping make Haiti a s-hole = no big deal

Trump saying Haiti is a s-hole = ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Terrorist organization CNN brought in an entire panel to tie this comment to all his other statements since 2015, regarding people with darker skin.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
There was a thread on this, it was removed.

Oh, well if the mods think this violates T and c they can remove it.

I couldnt see why it would though.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

It was a thread, it was deleted because the title quoted Trump.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's ok because trump said it. He speaks for the "people"

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No idea on the whys.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It was a thread, it was deleted because the title quoted Trump.

I changed the title to not include profanity.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Great way to not have a thread deleted.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
President Trump is right down to Earth. Hillary wouldn't have been near this much fun! Oprah? She sleeps 10 hours @ day and consumes 2 hours getting her makeup on.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is thinking that everyone - left and right - has. Everyone knows it too.

People on both sides use that argument all the time. "We can't send them back! Their countries are so messed up!" "They are breaking their necks to come here because their countries are messed up, but they should be fixing their own problems, not bringing them here!"

What on earth does anyone think a messed up country is if it isn't exactly what the president said in less "diplomatic" terms?

+47 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Trump speaks truth.

Left throws tantrum.

Another day, another Win!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

A lot of them are crap holes due to the actions of foreign governments. And corruption. Corruption added and abated by outside influence. Like America for instance. Only America sees toppling a government that isn't aligned in it's interests as a good thing, for example. Like Mugawebe or however he spells him name, they coined a term. It's called Banana Republic. It's how Castro came into power.

Not to mention, Norway and Haiti have vastly different pasts.

Trump is still a moron though, he knows how this ish works. 'Murica imports cheap labor.

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My message remains unchanged. POTUS was correct in both attitude and choice of wording, period. Obvious overblown outrage is obvious.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That's what he said?

Man driving home from work the radio said "Trump made racist comment in closed door meeting and meeting attendes were uncomfortable"

And I was like "That's not good"

But all that was said was "S___hole"? My 7 year old daughter told me a much worse curse word yesterday that she learned at school.

I said it in the thread linked to in the OP and it's still true ... We are unhinged up in here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join