It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci-Fi has something new for the conspiracy folks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just saw an add on the Sci-Fi Channel for Alien Siege. Aliens come and tell our governments to sacrifice 8 million of our people so the Aliens can survive or they will wipe us all out.

"The Government may have sold us out, but a dedicated band of rebels fights back, etc..."

Hehe. I'm sure lots of ATS Members will be right up with this.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That one looked kind of eh. Sci Fi (which I love) is so hit or miss on their originals. They do plenty. Like two a month now. Which is good. But 2 out of 3 are cheap, quickie crapfests.

They just made one called Slipstream? Barf. Rehash of an X-Files episode with elements of Groundhog Day.

The chupacabra one? Bleech. Same "trapped on a boat" premise you've seen a million times. Used same set as their Bermuda Triangle crapfest.

Both just recent too.

I think a total of 3 were watchable in the past 3 years. The Knights Templar one, the RiverWorld thing and the LOTR/Harry Potter rip off (SeaWorld or something).

But that's just it, they're all cheap quickie rip offs. But decent turnaround for new programming. Got to give them that.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh, agreed. Most Sci-fi stuff is about on par with what can be expected from TV these days. I didn't say it would be a good show, I just said that I thought the plot would find some interest here, considering how many people hear seem to believe that kinda stuff is really going on.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This isn't really on the subject but close. Does anyone know if there was a movie version of the book "Childhood's End" made? I thought I saw where one was made several years back but the next search says there isn't one.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
That one looked kind of eh. Sci Fi (which I love) is so hit or miss on their originals. They do plenty. Like two a month now. Which is good. But 2 out of 3 are cheap, quickie crapfests.

They just made one called Slipstream? Barf. Rehash of an X-Files episode with elements of Groundhog Day.

I really wanted to see Slipstream and got my extra butter popcorn out and all! What an Eeesh-fest! If it wasnt my own T.V. i wouldve been throwing popcorn at it. I mean c'mon...they were shooting at each other, like at hand shaking distance with no cover! Soo dumb...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
This isn't really on the subject but close. Does anyone know if there was a movie version of the book "Childhood's End" made? I thought I saw where one was made several years back but the next search says there isn't one.

Actually, Childhood's End (Arthur C Clarke) would rock as a movie but I imagine the subject matter would depress many people. It would not be well liked by most Americans due to the lack of a happy ending.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It would not be well liked by most Americans due to the lack of a happy ending.

Yea whats up with that? Why cant we have realistic movies that sometimes MAY NOT end happy?!!

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm kind of curious as to the plot/reasoning behind why exactly 8 million people must be sacrificed for them to live.....

[edit on 2/18/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

join