It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Liberals and LGBTQ Groups Hypocrites Regarding Derogatory Comments?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
True or False? I guess "most" Conservatives and Republicans would agree with this, but this really shouldn't be based on political allegiance. Derogatory comments should be condemned by all people, but the fact is, some will turn a blind eye if it's uttered by a fellow member of a political party or group. As a parent of a gay son, I'm appalled Chelsea Handler didn't receive a stern condemnation for her homophobic tweet. Yeah, I get that some of you love her, because her actions (especially her mouth) make Liberals look bad. However, she has many followers and NO ONE should be excluded from censure if they cross the line. If a Republican or Conservative tweeted this, it would be a headline on some Liberal news outlet, calling for that person's head served on a platter. However, like this article stated, GLAAD, the Human Rights Campaign, National LGBTQ Task Force and other gay rights organizations ignored it. Just today, President Trump utters a foul word describing countries where immigrants come from and it makes headline news. Democrats, once again are saying the President is "racist," but how quick are they in condemning one of their own, when they utter a slur? Does it make front page news? NOPE. Does it make it on mainstream news? NOPE. We should condemn ALL derogatory and racial slurs with the same degree of furor, regardless of political or "group" affiliation.

The former Netflix talk show host-turned-self-described activist apparently didn’t like what she heard from Graham, R-S.C., who participated in the meeting, and voiced her opinion to her more than 8 million followers.

“Holy, f--k f--k. I just [saw] the video of trumps bipartisan ‘meeting’ yesterday,” Handler tweeted. “Hey, @LindseyGrahamSC what kind of d--k sucking video do they have on you for you 2 be acting like this? Wouldn’t coming out be more honorable?”

None of the LGBTQ groups mentioned have condemned Handler’s comment on their Twitter feeds, either. However, GLAAD has been quick to condemn conservatives who make similar statements.

www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/01/11/lgbtq-groups-silent-after-chelsea-handlers-homophobic-tweet-to-lindsey-graham.html

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
lol because banning transgender folks from the military (with tweets included) certainly isn't derogatory.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That's not what this is about.

Did Handler slur Graham or not? Is it OK then when "one of your own" slurs "one of them"?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Did I mention it wasn't? Like I CLEARLY stated in my thread, derogatory comments from anyone (including the president) should be condemned.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Duh,

All people who think there sht don't stink are hypocrites. Conservatives who love spending and writing moral legislation, liberals who hate any viewpoint not there own or make fun of others..

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You reap what you sow, you cant go around telling people there lifestyle is wrong and denigrate them for who they are and then expect them to be nice about it.

You cant be a bully and a victim at the same time.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You put forth a very good question.

My answer is yes. People will protect their own, unless they need a sacrifice.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just wish that getting called names wasn't worthy of such overreaction.

So many piss poor human beings whose self-worth is apparently so low that anything that insults them...

Sticks and frickin stones friends, sticks and stones.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Maybe not at the same time, but I have seen bullies in the transitional phase of becoming the victim. Did you forget about Kathy Griffin?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we usually go low when we get mad or angry and spew the most hateful thing we can think of. It shouldn't be that way. The old adage is always true. Think twice, speak once. Take a breath and tweet the next day.

Although this is about a liberal, Handler, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a republican that would take Trump to task for some of the derogatory things he's said.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The young Turks are an excellent example of liberal hypocrisy. Every video is filled to the brim with cussing and bigotry yet liberal YouTube lets them monetize their videos. Meanwhile Steven Crowder is a syndicated radio program and FCC compliant yet has every video on youtube demonetized.

Why?
Because he is conservative.
That's the only difference.

If leftists weren't so dead set on silencing the opposition. I might be a bit more open to having a dialogue with you all.

But until then...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Meh.

Chelsea Handler is a skank.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Yes, liberals, progressives, sjws, etc are hypocrites.
Ellen sexual harassment

If a guy did this, there would be a lawsuit. If a Conservative guy did this, the liberals would want a lynching.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Derogatory comments should be condemned by all people, but the fact is, some will turn a blind eye if it's uttered by a fellow member of a political party or group.

Oh, is this an example of what you are talking about. See this ATS thread where Trumps derogatory comments on a whole continent and one island are defended by the righteous.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The trouble with subjectivity and sensitivity is that, eventually, people won't be able to say anything without somebody taking it as an insult. However, some insults are quite obvious.

I agree that most public figures have lost their couth and even their moral compass, but there are way too many stories about, "So and So said Such and Such, oh my, we demand an apology!" Then a soggy, half-hearted apology is issued, about as useful as a wet tissue.

I miss the old days when people who insulted others were ignored and not given publicity or support. Anybody in the public eye knows that even bad publicity is good publicity. Ostracize, don't publicize.

This goes for all special interest groups. Maybe if we didn't make such a fuss, these words would fizzle with a whimper, and not a bang.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Derogatory comments should be condemned by all people, but the fact is, some will turn a blind eye if it's uttered by a fellow member of a political party or group.

Oh, is this an example of what you are talking about. See this ATS thread where Trumps derogatory comments on a whole continent and one island are defended by the righteous.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what's the problem? Everyone knows that all of humankind has been in a moral decline for awhile now. The number of "mean things" people say, and do to each other, will continue to escalate.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Sticks and frickin stones friends, sticks and stones.

I agree 100% but what would you say to those who believe mental damage is equal to or potentially greater than physical damage?

I struggle to make a clear argument against that without being a heartless prick telling suicidal teens who are bullied to toughen up.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

*snort*

I really think this was pretty much the precise point the OP was making. So you agree with the OP.

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
You reap what you sow, you cant go around telling people there lifestyle is wrong and denigrate them for who they are and then expect them to be nice about it.

Chelsea Handler is NOT LGBT. She is straight.

If she is LGBT, it's news to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

you`re right of course, but this is the world that young people grew up in so they think that things like this are important because they have to protect their rep and respond to every childish meaningless word and action that offends them.
when I was a young man things like this never even made the news because any news media that would report it would be laughed out of business for lacking any credibility. even rags like the national enquirer didn`t report things like this.the obvious hypocrisy of it made it beneath the credibility of any media to even report it.
it`s encouraging that young people are taking an interest in politics by debating political comments made by over the hill has been ex-comedians.
maybe someday they will take an interest in what the actual politicians are saying and doing.

edit on 11-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well for starters I don't even know who Chelsea Handler is, but everyone knows who the president is. So, logically the president is going to be held to higher standards than everyone else.

But yes it's a double standard here. Same thing with Hollyweird where they are constantly criticizing Trump while ignoring the obvious satanism among the Hollyweird elites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join