It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Trump is right if he declines to interview with Mueller

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scrubdog

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

Nope
Clinton had to talk, Nixon had to talk, Bush had to talk Reagan had to talk
Why do you think trump is special?

Because none of them took the 5th Amendment. They all thought taking the 5th would be political death, as it would be if it were anyone but Trump. Trump can shoot a person on 5th Avenue and his people will cheer.

He can take the 5th and his people will cheer.

If my client is charged with a federal offense, or being investigated with a federal offense, I wouldn't have my client talk to the prosecutor.

If I am a political consultant, I would say "You have to talk b/c taking the 5th means you can't answer the questions and the public will turn on you."

Trump's people will never turn on him. Jeez, maybe if an Alt-Right hero like Bannon came out and said it all was true, that Trump did collude, maybe then the Trump fans would believe it, but other than ...oops. The "Always Trump" people will not turn on him no matter what.

So, I wouldn't allow him to talk. He'll be the first president ever to take the 5th - fitting.

If he "has to talk" then why is Trump negotiating at all?

You're just wrong on this, sorry.

Trump has 5th Amendment rights just like every American citizen. It's just no president ever thought he could invoke them.

Simply not true Nixon refused to cooperate with the Judiciary Committee. Even refusing their supeonas for testimony. Reagan instead of testifying in Iran contra he was given a set of questions in writing from investigators. And Bill Clinton did testify which turned out to be a mistake since this caused impeachment proceedings. He was indicted on 11 grounds, including perjury, obstruction of justice, witness-tampering, and abuse of power. Lying to cover up the afair was far worse then just admitting it. So out of or group the only person impeached was the person who cooperated.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   
you know for months now we are told "impeachment" is not "criminal" but a "political" matter and now when it get atound for mueller to talk to the potus the potus is suposed to roll over?
bs
potus should not cooperate with this political hack job in any way

<< 1  2  3   >>

join