It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Waives Punishment for Convicted Mega Banks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Tramp is a bigger crook than crooked politicians whom he used as his pawns, as per his own admission. He is a direct appointee just bypassing the middleman aka established politicians.

Make Corporate America (or America Inc.) Great again, down with people. It is so much winning against people by too-big-to-fail banks, maga corporations, mic, private prison industry and big Pharma.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You mean you actually read more than just a political hit piece which is the OPs only source. Why would you do a thing like that?a reply to: [post=23037070]Vasa Croe[/post

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VimanaExplorer

Trump promised to make America great again, he didn't promise to help the working poor, or the middle class, his rich mates I bet got a quiet handshake and a little wink though.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The swamp looks dirtier than usual.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Funny people attack without knowledge of what happened. These waivers were granted under Obama in 2015. The Trump administration waivers are a continuation of previous government policy. The Obama administration had granted the banks temporary waivers under a so-called deferred prosecution agreement with them after their 2015 convictions for manipulating a key interest rate used for loans worldwide.The Labor Department has granted Deutsche Bank a waiver from punishment allowing it to continue to manage retirement accounts for another three years. Without the waiver the banks would not be allowed to manage retirement accounts.

The Labor Department waiver stems from the criminal convictions over the manipulation of the London Interbank Loan Rate, or Libor, a measure used to set lending rates for a variety of financial transactions. In 2015, affiliates of Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Barclays, UBS and Citigroup agreed to a deferred prosecution by which they could avoid certain punishments. This agreement with the Obama admin the banks agreed to fines in order to continue to conduct business in the US. This waiver allows them to continue to do business per the Obama agreement.

Don't fall for attacks on trump this is a hit piece here is the actual agreement.

www.justice.gov...
edit on 1/11/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
no surprise. How could we expect anything different.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

"You're a puppet!"

"No, you're a puppet!"

Said two puppets.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What the f*** are you taking about? I openly mentioned that Obama also granted waivers. I also criticized his decision to do so.

But at the end of the day how I presented this information has no bearing on the fact it means Trump is just as beholden to Wall Street as Obama. If not more so considering his waivers are three to five times longer than those granted by Obama.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RogueWaterC1

Just like my last post, what the f*** are you talking about? I stated in my first post (and pretty much every other post) that this was a temporary waiver.

Hell, Vasa didn't even reply to any of my posts when he tried to clarify the facts. He responded to someone that was acting like this was a permanent waiver of the punishment.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Thank god you elected an anti establishment/drain the swamp guy, to look out for the common man..sarc off, why am I not at all surprised, he hires these scumbags to work in his administration
Making Corporate Scumbags Great Again.
edit on 11-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Do you really think Trump is that shallow?

This is the same man that talked up his daughter's boobs and said he would bang her if they weren't related. Yes. I do think he's that shallow.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

This I do not agree with. Lets hope its a concession in exchange for something else.

I was hoping for something different.

Lets see I guess.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VimanaExplorer
Tramp is a bigger crook than crooked politicians whom he used as his pawns, as per his own admission. He is a direct appointee just bypassing the middleman aka established politicians.

Make Corporate America (or America Inc.) Great again, down with people. It is so much winning against people by too-big-to-fail banks, maga corporations, mic, private prison industry and big Pharma.

Yes. But his supporters will tell you that is more "honest" and it's all for show anyway, he doesn't actually MEAN it, or it's all part of his grand misdirection plan and you are just too stupid to understand it LibTard, or but HILLLLAAAAARRRREEEE!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

nah , its got the same smell as always.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ya, funny..funny how Trump undoes everything Obama did exept this.
The new boss is just the same as the old boss.funny indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Now that he's in office he hires establishment goons left and right and makes decisions like this one but people keep on supporting him. Why?

Because they're either rich and greedy, mean and like seeing people suffer, or they're losers that can't admit it so they support obnoxious people that talk bad about the establishment to make themselves feel better.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I thought he was against the bankers and all of their cronies?! I thought he was for “the little guy”!

What a joke.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So you're saying its OK for Trump to do it because Obama did it?

Since when is Obama a moral authority?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

That's only because the creatures just shedded their skin.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is very ironic that this is one thing Trump lets stand. His entire administrative plan was basically, if Obama enacted it.. remove it. Well.. except for that one thing.. involving banks he owed a bunch of money to. Huh.. go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join