It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Fake News Awards...a theory...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Posted....

twitter.com...

gop.com...

Being hit so hard right now the site is down....

Boy, that's a whole lot of nothing.

A blog post on GOP.com that doesn't even make their front page.

The "fake news" that he's promoting for an award is petty and trivial stuff - hardly worth a riposte by someone in public office. Not shaking hands with Agata Kornhauser-Duda. That wasn't a major news story- I don't even recall it showing up here on ATS. And "fish feeding" and "remove bust from office" and an op-ed that was retracted three days later?

That's the fake news, eh? I'm sure we were all expecting something a bit better than this list that sounds like a last minute homework assignment.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

And to think i popped up a bag of popcorn for nothing.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Boy, that's a whole lot of nothing.

Honestly, I don't think his intent was to forward a 'whole lotta something'. I think he (Trump) believes he's still in charge of a reality TV show and not a sovereign nation and regrettably, he is proving that to some extent he is right. Look at the echo chamber here as some evidence. People find it more in the interests of the American People to espouse "trolling" than to actually do the job.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

And to think i popped up a bag of popcorn for nothing.

You can share it with me! I got extra butter! And Parmesan cheese and pepper!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

trivial?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

trivial?

Do check the DJIA for the past month and past year. Drops of 350 points are frequent and fairly trivial. The overall data showed no real impact from the news.

here's the DJIA so you can investigate it

A better picture from this site

For today, for example, we have:
Previous close 26,115.65
Open 26,149.55
Day high 26,153.42
Day low 25,947.32
There's a 206 point drop today between the high and the low.

On 1/16/18 the stock market was at a high of 26,073 at 10 am
It dropped like a rock to 25,730 by 3 pm
That's a drop of 343 points on a nothing news day (almost 350 points there.)

But you may check for yourself if you like. There's a lot of similar examples. The Dow drops 300-500 points and then goes right back on track.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

so youre calling coincidence on that one?

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

so youre calling coincidence on that one?

I'm calling it inane. The DJIA goes up and down at the least bit of news and anyone who buys and sells stocks knows this and uses the news to manage activity. There was an almost 100 point drop this morning between 9 am and 11:30 am, for instance. That's "business as usual" for the stock market.

But to trot that graph out as if it's significant is just plain silly. There were days with bigger losses during Trump's first year. The news that day didn't impact the market for more than 24 hours and sure didn't stop it or put it in freefall. The dip on 12/28/17 made more of a dent (as you can see if you just eyeball last month's DJIA) Ditto May 1 and any number of dates.

Look at the graphs. Heck, look at the other indexes for that day. Then look at the yearly graphs for all the indexes and see if you can actually spot the dip (I can save you the trouble and say that it's not apparent but I am also honest and will say "please DO go and confirm this for yourself.")

Someone is either ignorant of how the stock market moves (i.e., never directly invested in the stock market for themselves) or is trying to put out a false narrative of persecution.

And on a side note, I hope you will be interested enough in the market now to follow a favorite stock (even if you don't invest in it) and learn how the market works and how investors buy and sell stocks and futures. It's quite interesting and you can play small-time... and sometimes you come out quite a bit ahead.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

so inane coincidence?

and false correlation?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join