It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Then There Were None , Motorhead's “Fast” Eddie Clarke Dies at Age 67

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Sad news is breaking that the last remaining original member of Motorhead has died aged 67.

“We are devastated to pass on the news we only just heard ourselves earlier tonight – Edward Allan Clarke, or as we all know and love him Fast Eddie Clarke – passed away peacefully yesterday. “Ted Carroll, who formed Chiswick Records, made the sad announcement via his Facebook page, having heard from Doug Smith that Fast Eddie passed peacefully in hospital where he was being treated for pneumonia. “Fast Eddie... keep roaring, rockin’ and rollin' up there as goddamit man, your Motörfamily would expect nothing less!
teamrock.com...

Sad beyond words.

RiP Eddie.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
wow, the whole band gone

RIP

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
wow, the whole band gone

RIP

So sad RIP

I didnt know philthy animal Phil Taylor had gone though so yes thats em all gone

edit on 11/1/18 by macpdm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

End of an era.

Ni !

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Sad day indeed!!

RIP Motorhead.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Tugs at an Aussies heartstrings ... that !!

RIP

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The Earth has become quieter, and the afterlife noisier for his passing.

It is always hard to know whether to express a wish that a person of Fast Eddies caliber, rest in peace. I sometimes feel that doing so would be far too pedestrian for the likes of the towering heroes that were Motorhead. I assume instead, that they have found a few power outlets and some amplifiers, a guitar or two and a drum kit, and are currently teaching the denizens of the hereafter how to rock and roll.

For those who remain here on Earth, the only mourning, the only acceptable tribute I can conceive to a man like Fast Eddie, to a band like Motorhead, is to make sure that the sudden silence after their passing, is soon filled with the sound of wailing guitars, gravel laden vocals, grunting bass and frenetic drumming, as desperate and sorrow filled souls salute the passage of their heroes into the afterlife.

I will not suggest or wish Fast Eddie rest, or peace, because the man was allergic to both.

Riff In Pandemonium, Fast Eddie. You will be missed.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I will not suggest or wish Fast Eddie rest, or peace, because the man was allergic to both.

Spot on mate.
Riff In Pandemonium Eddie.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I got to see Motorhead live, and they still rocked on hard in the later years. They where so iconic and all will be missed.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
35 minutes of Motorhead live at Nottingham Theatre Royal in 1980 , the glory days.

Their like will not be seen again.
Overkill
Too Late Too Late
Shoot You In The Back
Step Down
Jailbait
Leavin' Here
Metropolis
Train Kept a Rollin'
Bomber
Motorhead
edit on 11-1-2018 by gortex because: set list

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Say it ain't so!!

I was listening to Fastway the other day and remembering the Ace of Spades Classic Albums video where the guys picked up their instruments and did an instrumental version of We Are the Roadcrew. They hadn't played together in years and bam, just like that they played one of my favorite songs!

AXsTV has been playing a Motorhead concert on a regular basis. One thing I always quip about is, "Man, I wonder what Fast Eddie is doing now?"

Now we will always know. RIP.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well said True! I'm sure there is some serious jamming in the afterlife with so many talented people passing. I doubt the music stops here.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

On the original ZZ Top version of "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers", recorded for their 1973 album Tres Hombres, the vocals are traded between guitarist Billy Gibbons and bassist Dusty Hill, with the two alternating each line. For Motörhead's version, this was replicated by bassist Lemmy and guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke, marking not only the vocal debut of Clarke, but one of the few occasions on which he sang lead on a Motörhead song (other times being on "Step Down," "I'm Your Witchdoctor" and "Emergency"). No other Motörhead versions of this track have ever been released.

Wikipedia: Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers.

How appropriate! Tres hombres!

Back to "We Are the Road Crew," Eddie was tasked with doing the solo last. Everybody was in the control room while Eddie laid down his track. At one point, he's totally getting into it, he begins to lean back in the classic rocker pose... feet spread, arched back, tilting farther and farther back, then he goes too far! Slam! Right onto his back he goes! The guitar is feeding back and Lemmy and the guys are laughing their ass off in the control room!! Lemmy told the producer, "We have our take!" and left! That is why the guitar solo sounds like: they left in the part where falls on his back!

Ah memory lane! Browsing for a couple hours at the record store. "Who the h3ll is a Motorhead? Is that a ZZ Top song? Which Judas Priest album am my missing?" Then, "That spiked skull is pretty cool! Okay. What the h3ll!".

That may have been the death of my Prog Rock era!

UltimateClassicRock.com, Obit: Motorhead's Fast Eddie Clarke Dies at 67.
edit on 11-1-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: fix url

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
R.I.P fast Eddie... then pick that axe back up. Gone, but never forgotten...

Has to be one hell of a reunion concert with the old line up back together. Lem and Phil have the axe tuned and ready.

"We are Motörhead. And we play rock and roll" - Lemmy Kilmister

Stars for everybody and a flag for the OP to boot.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

On the day i wear my Motörhead shirt. Never saw them live, still one of the greatest bands ever. RIP Fast Eddie. One for ya buddy!
edit on 1/12/2018 by Tundra because: Offence: Spelling Motörhead wrong. Plea: Guilty.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Two of my favorites. Been listening to them since I was born. My father has good taste in music haha!

and more

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Haha good point. Join me with some e-beer sir!

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Anava won Gorn...............Time for some music!!.

The Brits and Aussie would understand this....the Americans....probably no clue.....

An dont forget, Lemi was in Hawkwind too.....

top topics

join