It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage Backs Fresh Brexit Referendum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Democracy ? ,the people of the Republic of Ireland voted against the Lisbon treaty in the mid 2000's which was the wrong answer for the EU so they were forced to vote again , yeah democracy is fine as long as you give the right answer.

After voting the second time, did the EU still get the wrong answer or did they get the answer they wanted?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

They got the answer they wanted but with concessions for the Republic of Ireland thrown in , basically a sweetener to ensure passage.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was surprised that the vote to come out of the EU was not what was wanted - yet was the result. I had previously come to the conclusion that votes were fixed!!
If the vote is repeated, I feel that it will come in as stay - as I believe it will be fixed next time. Do you think votes are fixed?
edit on 12-1-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If there was to be another vote and the result was different I wouldn't be surprised given the threats of doom and gloom from the EU and others , fear is the main card the remainers are using and fear works , however I believe it likely we would still see the same result should the vote be rerun as the actions of the EU over the last year or so have won them no friends.

I don't believe our ballot system would be fixed to give the desired result , this is England not some banana republic.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
I don't believe our ballot system would be fixed to give the desired result , this is England not some banana republic.

What changed the peoples minds in Ireland - why did the voters come back with the answer EU wanted the second time?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Probably because the EU offered concessions and the Irish knew the question would keep being asked , all member nations needed to ratify the Lisbon treaty for it to be passed , Gordon Brown did it on the quiet after the main event because he new we English were against it as it signaled closed ties between the EU superstate and member nations.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I am pretty sure they will not let the UK out - it is not in the agenda for the UK to exit.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

They can huff and puff as much as they like , we are leaving come what may.
I will watch the video later but the start reminds me how much I miss Sir Patrick Moore.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why should they have a 2nd referendum within less than 2 years? And more importantly what makes Macron think they would vote to remain now, compared to 2 years ago? Weird that Farage is asking for it though!
edit on 25-1-2018 by Flanker86 because: c

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
Why should they have a 2nd referendum within less than 2 years? And more importantly what makes Macron think they would vote to remain now, compared to 2 years ago? Weird that Farage is asking for it though!

Lol!!! Macron said when he visited the UK that if the French were allowed a

referendum they would probably vote *Frexit*

You couldn't make it up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join