It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey Weinstein attacked in Scottsdale Restaurant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
In my country attacked usually involves a machete,some home torture instruments like a clothing iron,and a trip to the ER if you survive.That's a sissified slap Weinie got,playground stuff,not an attack imo.

I'm guessing you're from Brazil?

A slap like that is more demeaning and sends a clearer message than the usual flip flop drive by.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkitekt

No
... Sth. Africa.

Maybe it is global. Brazil is third world.

Rio is beautiful. But as a white "gringo" ... you need to keep yor wits About you ...

😎

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
DP.

It is about attitudes and tolerance. Not race.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
When Oprah sees this video, she is not gonna like that fella puttin his hands on her bestie.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Like Neighborhood Watch?

Better: CITIZENS ON PATROL!

edit on 11-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

DP.

You're totally out of line in here sir.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hehe.

Well played !

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As much as people Hate Weinstein.

There is simply no excuse for this.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You must be an offender of some crime,otherwise you wouldn't defend him,your type is problem in society,the liberal way

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
As much as people Hate Weinstein.

There is simply no excuse for this.

I mean come on, That’s probably just a little foreplay for Harvey. He and people like him have used their money to stay out of the system, a tale as old as time. People are getting fed up with that scenario. When the system is not able to work as it should because he is protected by his peers and his money, this is the expected outcome. People will take what justice they can get in a broken system. It’s not like he was beaten up, or had his property damaged. He was just tossed out of a restaraunt and slapped lightly. If he had raped your loved one, and bought his way out of actual justice, what would you do?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

You must be an offender of some crime,otherwise you wouldn't defend him,your type is problem in society,the liberal way
Agreed. Some people just jump on the wrong side of every controversy. Rapists don’t last long when they are allowed to walk around freely.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Only his pride was hurt. Now he'll just be ordering in with his millions. Boohoo.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: neo96

Only his pride was hurt. Now he'll just be ordering in with his millions. Boohoo.

Yes he best not be seen in public...for the next 20 years

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

From where I am standing you all read like total animal thugs, worse than Weinstein.

From where I am standing you read like your moral compass is broken. You seriously think people laughing at a serial sex offender getting his face tapped twice are worse than a serial sex offender who has taken advantage of and exploited dozens of women? Get real.

Vigilantism - however weakly performed - is an attack on something greater than just the targeted person or persons. It is an attack on the Rule of Law - or in this case an attack on the constitutional secured right for all to fair trials.

You cannot just go around punishing people for whatever crimes of which the media accuse the person. Not even if you are super confident, that the media has been truthful and honest and that the person actually is guilty.

(and if you do it for the attention, yeah, you are scum)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Where is justice happening in the Courts for Weinstein? Seems to me he has got off lightly.

It was only a couple of girly slaps, if even that.

Where is your sense of proportion?

Well, another way of looking at it is that while MSM and social media might have judged him, and while you might be sure that he is guilty, he has not been found guilty by a court of law.

That should matter.

I believe him to be guilty as hell too, but I am completely at the mercy of whoever decides which story to headline, when coming to that believe. And, be honest, so are you.

That too should matter.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

From where I am standing you all read like total animal thugs, worse than Weinstein.

From where I am standing you read like your moral compass is broken. You seriously think people laughing at a serial sex offender getting his face tapped twice are worse than a serial sex offender who has taken advantage of and exploited dozens of women? Get real.

Vigilantism - however weakly performed - is an attack on something greater than just the targeted person or persons. It is an attack on the Rule of Law - or in this case an attack on the constitutional secured right for all to fair trials.

You cannot just go around punishing people for whatever crimes of which the media accuse the person. Not even if you are super confident, that the media has been truthful and honest and that the person actually is guilty.

I'm not sure why you replied to my post to be honest. I don't recall condoning vigilantism. All I am disagreeing with is the member I replied to who said myself and others were worse than a serial sex offender for laughing at a tiny and somewhat comedic dose of karma.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

All true and I am a lawyer but still, what the hell....

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

It has already been shown that he used his money and influence to avert the legal system and the medias spotlight. That whole fair trial thing goes both ways. What happens when it is shown that the legal system can be bought? My guess is that people stop trusting the legal system. When they stop trusting it they stop relying on it. There seems to be an entire group of people who can avert legal consequences based on their prominence and the amount of money they are willing to spend to fly under the radar. I’m not really condoning vigilante acts, I’m just pointing out that this is to be expected when it is shown that the legal system Is willing to turn a blind eye for favors and cash.

You say that vigilanteeism Is an attack on something greater than just that one person. But it could also be said that it is a response to an equally egregious attack on that same legal system when people can pay and use their influence to avoid legal consequences.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkitekt

South Africa.You can look up farm murders if you have a strong stomach And psyche.Just up the road a farmer got attacked,part of the attack meant nails being driven into his head,and stabbed multiple times.He did not survive the attack..so ya..Demeaning? Pffft people demean themselves on social media every day and willingly so.Not in the same ball park,or continent,as a Real attack.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They should investigate the legality of all his non-disclosure agreements.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join