It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 soon-to-be laid off Carrier workers to send message to Trump livestream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Last I heard Trump was the president,he doesn't own stock in Carrier AC,so how would he be responsible,the companys CEO's made the decision,they wanted more money,and laid people off,how is this the presidents problem?problem these days,liberals can't think or act themselves,have to blame others

One would expect that a $7mil gift from the taxpayers would be received in good faith.

Because we don't really give gifts. We make investments.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

I said those are the issues they vote on. I could have said abortion, 2 nd amendment, and religious freedom. They do not vote for the economy. Getting rid of unions and Mexicans is the economic plan for rural white counties. I live in the reddest state and county in America.
Wal Mart is raising entry wage to $11 hr, maybe rural jobs there.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I said those are the issues they vote on. I could have said abortion, 2 nd amendment, and religious freedom. They do not vote for the economy. Getting rid of unions and Mexicans is the economic plan for rural white counties. I live in the reddest state and county in America.
Wal Mart is raising entry wage to $11 hr, maybe rural jobs there.

True, but my question would be the same. If I said 700 scientist's were getting laid off (For example) could you tell me what issues they vote on?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yesterday I was told multiple times on this very website that the current booming economy is a result of the Obama administration not trump.
So this must be Obama's fault too.

Which is it?

Trump made an attempt to keep these jobs here.

If it was Obama's fault the story would read like this:

Headline: Obama saving jobs at the grassroot level

Today, 1200 Jobs were saved by an out of the box thinking tactic used by Obama. Obama proving once again how much he cares by showing up personally to save jobs. Unfortunately he couldn't save them all, but that was Bush's fault according to anonymous sources.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not without knowing where they lived.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You are poor. He's fighting for me': Dave Chappelle takes on white low income Trump supporters and says he feels sorry for them.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kill the link for more.
I'm hoping ppl don't take the thread off topic because of the racialized content of what Dave is saying, but it sounded similar to what the O.P has said, Donald Trump had asked the same about black voters, What have you got to lose.
Now I'm told that economic indicators are up across the board so maybe he didn't lie, or there is much more unseen.

You remember that quote "Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good," I've figured out that Trump has the same issue. The Liberal Left expects Trump to walk on water. If everything Trump campaigned on isn't followed to a "T", he's a failure. If he doesn't fix EVERYTHING wrong in the USA, he's a failure.

Sometimes, POTUS realizes that the goal was admirable, but it may be so difficult to get everyone on board or cost even more money than one thought, then those promises need to be changed/compromised or even laid to rest.

"Presidents support all kinds of policies that Congress ignores, opposes or modifies. As a result, presidents routinely overpromise and under-deliver. But the fact remains: Presidents at least try to deliver on the vast majority of their campaign promises."

Here are some of Obama's failures on his campaign promises:

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners
Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former government officials
Cut the cost of a typical family's health insurance premium by up to $2,500 a year
Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

Clinton only completed 66% of his campaign promises

***ALERT*** President Trump does NOT walk on water and is not all powerful. He deals with the same oppositions and problems as presidents past. Rome wasn't built in a day and He is just beginning his second year.

Companies will still fail and employees will continue to be laid off. Trump can't prevent every failure. Overall though, the economy is up, employment is up.

Before enyone get's their shorts in a wad, I am in no way shape or form comparing Trump to women. Merely identifying the mindset behind those criticising his efforts so far.

edit on 11-1-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Not without knowing where they lived.

Oh ok, so it's not what you do but where you live. I live in Tucson Arizona, what issues concern me?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The chances are you are a democrat:

5. Tucson, AZ
Tucson is a sprawling city in Pima County, AZ with a population density of 3,443.68 people per square mile, and 67.4 percent of of those people are Democrats. The rest of the statistics are also in line with Democratic ideals; 68.6 percent of Tucson residents consider themselves pro-choice; only 37.1 percent of residents consider themselves religious; 48.1 percent are pro-environment; 61 percent are pro-gun control; and 53.6 percent are pro-tax.

www.movoto.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The chances are you are a democrat:

5. Tucson, AZ
Tucson is a sprawling city in Pima County, AZ with a population density of 3,443.68 people per square mile, and 67.4 percent of of those people are Democrats. The rest of the statistics are also in line with Democratic ideals; 68.6 percent of Tucson residents consider themselves pro-choice; only 37.1 percent of residents consider themselves religious; 48.1 percent are pro-environment; 61 percent are pro-gun control; and 53.6 percent are pro-tax.

www.movoto.com...

You got 1 right I am pro-choice. I am not a Democrat, or any other party. What I am is pro civil rights, and what concerns me is anything that effects the US and the people who live here (Legally) in an adverse way. Meaning that 200 Americans loosing their jobs anywhere in the US to some over seas just so some sorry desk sitter can buy a new BMW. Yes that bothers me. In fact it pisses me off, as it should every American.
Oh yeah I also owe a number of guns too, AND I'm educated.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
guess we can add those to the 11000 unemployed walmart created yesterday. what can trump do? I think the real question is what can these corporations do. my old store manger made 160000 a year with the possibility of an 80000 performance bonus, three comanagers at 80000 a year plus bonus 8 assistant mgrs at 45000 plus 5000 bonus and with the exception of one co and the store manager NONE of these people did ANYTHING other than "delegate" their assigned work to subordinates. cut waste at the top. and that's in one store not even mentioning CEO at 20m a year and all the other home office millionaires.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join