It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Staging Clandestine Destabilization in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Chalabi have more dirt on him than Saddam ever had with even been a horrible dictator.
[edit on 15-2-2005 by marg6043]

Wow. I'm honestly not familiar with Chalabi but that's one hell of a statement. Any chance you could fill me in on what Chalabi has been up to?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Let’s met Chalabi, one of man that the bush administration trusted with information for the invasion of Iraq.

Born, in 1944, he study mathematics at Chicago University MIT.
He is a Shi’a Muslim’
He is a son of a wealthy family of bankers.
His father and brother held positions in the Iraqi government pre-Saddam
He left Iraq due to Saddam in 1956, to return after US invasion.
His main political support came from US congress.
US did not really trusted him because money missing.
1995 he organized a civil unrest in Iraq, and it let to the death of thousands of his party members.
More here,

www.iraqinews.com...

The the Bush administration trusted him with important information in Iraq.

Monday :: Mar 15, 2004
1. Congress Funded Chalabi's Lies
Ahmed Chalabi and his friends at the Iraqi National Congress (INC) have done very, very well selling garbage to our government. And the intelligence that the Pentagon bought so dearly was provided to the media of the US and other countries as well.
According to Knight Ridder, a letter to the Senate Appropriations Committee from the INC contained a list of 108 stories based on the INC information which were planted in various papers around the world. KR also provides a link to that list of articles using the false information the INC provided.

www.theleftcoaster.com...

It was proved latter that most of the information was false.

This school of thought contends that, like prosecutors preparing a case, this cabal of war seekers "cherry picked" the intelligence reporting and presented, without caveat, even the shakiest and most suspect evidence to make the argument for war. Importantly, they have shown that this group relied heavily on reports from an Iraqi exile group, the Iraqi National Congress (INC), headed by Ahmed Chalabi and heavily funded by the Department of Defense, despite the fact that the CIA had long since concluded that INC reporting was untrustworthy. Further, they insist that these so-called neocons were encouraged and abetted by Cheney, Rumsfeld and the White House itself.

www.tompaine.com...

Even he fell from the grace of the US and the bush administration.

Ahmed Chalabi, a member of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council, rejects allegations that an aide supplied Iran with sensitive information and responds to an Iraqi police raid on his home and offices in Baghdad. The Bush administration is terminating a monthly payment of $335,000 it had been making to Chalabi's Iraqi National Congress. Chalabi speaks with NPR's Scott Simon

www.npr.org...

The so called reliable information of MDWs mostly came from him

BAGHDAD — An Iraqi leader accused of feeding faulty prewar intelligence to Washington said his information about Saddam Hussein's weapons — even if discredited — achieved the aim of persuading the United States to topple the dictator. U.S. officials said last week that one of the most celebrated pieces of false intelligence, the claim that Saddam had mobile biological-weapons laboratories, had come from a major in the Iraqi intelligence service made available by the INC.

www.washtimes.com...

I have more on him as needed.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm not defending Chalabi, because it sounds like he's exactly what I had believed he was- a rich American who happens to have Iraqi blood that was used as an intelligence/misinformation assett to back a corporate war. That being said, he hasn't used nerve gas on anyone, and he hasn't given nerve gas to anyone. That brings him in a distant third in the "who's really evil in Iraq" contest, with Saddam winning by a hair and Rumsfeld being the runner-up.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
That brings him in a distant third in the "who's really evil in Iraq" contest, with Saddam winning by a hair and Rumsfeld being the runner-up.

You are right there, but remember that the Iraqi war also has killed our soldiers on false information, and also has killed more of the Iraqi people, and is not over yet, now Chalabi is back, to me the killing from this war is far worst that all the horrible deeds of Saddam.

But that is just personal opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That brings him in a distant third in the "who's really evil in Iraq" contest, with Saddam winning by a hair and Rumsfeld being the runner-up.

Always interesting to know who's playing who. Excellent research marg. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You are right there, but remember that the Iraqi war also has killed our soldiers on false information, and also has killed more of the Iraqi people, and is not over yet, now Chalabi is back, to me the killing from this war is far worst that all the horrible deeds of Saddam.

But that is just personal opinion.

Chalabi isn't the one who decided to send too few troops without adequate equipment. Rumsfeld is killing our troops- he's using Chalabi to do it.
I think we basically agree, I just feel that we need to emphasize government accountability for the scandalous handling of this war, which even i was a supporter of before it became clear that our troops had been betrayed into a corporate raid. I never thought I'd be an Iraq-basher, and really I don't see myself as one. I just want my fellow Americans over there to be employed for the right mission in the right way.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I just feel that we need to emphasize government accountability for the scandalous handling of this war, which even i was a supporter of before it became clear that our troops had been betrayed into a corporate raid.

And that sportsfans, in a nutshell, is that.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I never thought I'd be an Iraq-basher, and really I don't see myself as one. I just want my fellow Americans over there to be employed for the right mission in the right way.

Amen to that, The Vagabond, I agree with you too.

Thanks Soficrow, is more on Chalabi but I will post as needed.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I never thought I'd be an Iraq-basher, and really I don't see myself as one. I just want my fellow Americans over there to be employed for the right mission in the right way.

Amen to that, The Vagabond, I agree with you too.

... is more on Chalabi but I will post as needed.

So what's the story marg? Did the US try to set Chalabi up as a puppet, then he maybe switched sides to set up an empire with the Si'a clergy? ...Or it's all a scam to justify more US intervention for tighter corporate control? ....What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It seems that Chalabi is not enemy of Israel, Chalabi is all for oil and big American oil base corporations, but the bid for Iraq, was lost to his friend Allawi I guess the best man won.

It seems that one of his plans once he was in a position fo influence was to start pipelines, Israel even when is in a center of a sea of oil has trouble getting his due to Arabs not wanting to deal with them.

So Israel oil comes from mostly Russia.

Chalabi shattered dreams.

Assuring Israel of an adequate oil supply has long been a goal not just of Israel itself, but also of pro-Israel factions in the United States. Thus emerged a controversial plan that is still kicking around even though its chief booster, Ahmad Chalabi, could soon be behind bars.

1. Once the Pentagon's choice to lead the "new" Iraq, Chalabi promised to reopen an old British-built pipeline from Kirkuk in northern Iraq to the Israeli port of Haifa. The plan impressed Richard Perle, Douglas Feith and other conservatives influencing Bush administration policy toward Iraq in the lead-up to last year's war.

This why a theocracy will not work in Iraq, US can not have a theocracy because it will interfere with his plans for the oil markets in Iraq.

Chalabi never went behind bars, and he was allowed to run for elections, but now he is in the south?

Doing what? perhaps helping in a civil unrest? I need to find more about that.

www.axisoflogic.com...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It seems that Chalabi is not enemy of Israel, Chalabi is all for oil and big American oil base corporations, but the bid for Iraq, was lost to his friend Allawi I guess the best man won.
[edit on 16-2-2005 by marg6043]

Allawi got the job for a good reason I'm guessing. He had dirt on everybody else. He was an Iraqi spook. He spent 4 years in Europe from 1971 to 1975 waxing Iraqi exiles who Saddam thought could be a threat. In 1975 he mysteriously resigned from the Ba'ath party and he was targeted for assassination- the attempt wounded him badly but failed, and after that it is speculated he went to work for British intelliegence.

Putting Allawi in charge may have been intended to send a message, 'Just because Saddam's gone doesn't mean it's safe to cause problems'.

Allawi's name is just 1 "L" away from the name of a heretical sect of Shi'a Islam which is politically powerful in Syria and is influential in Ba'athism. I don't know if that is the source of Allawi's surname, but if it was, it would have implications for the way Syria, Iran, and the Iraqi people saw him. (It would make him friendly to Syria and a heretic to Iran and most of Iraq.)

All that, plus the fact that Allawi knows where all the bodies are burried (and burried a few himself), probably had a lot to do with his selection.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Very nice post Vagabond,
t
Both Allawi and Chalabi were in the race for power in Iraq, they both supply wrong intelligence sources and both lies about MWDs.

They both plot coups in Iraq backed by the US, and both got disastrous results from it.

So I guess US gave the post of PM to the less and more malleable evil and did the job of taking Saddam itself.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Asia Times reports that the US intends to head off this threat with a clandestine operation, similar to the strategy employed in Afganhistan. Over the past few weeks, "the US has procured Pakistan-manufactured weapons, including rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, ammunition, rockets and other light weaponry. Consignments have been loaded in bulk onto US military cargo aircraft at Chaklala airbase" and taken to Iraq. The US is "resolved to arm small militias backed by US troops" and "nip the evil in the bud."

If true, then maybe the CIA does have it's "game" back... That would be nice to hear
(kidding).... I doubt it though, and this is likley propaganda...

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It seems that Chalabi is not enemy of Israel, Chalabi is all for oil and big American oil base corporations, but the bid for Iraq, was lost to his friend Allawi ...

Chalabi never went behind bars, and he was allowed to run for elections, but now he is in the south?

Doing what? perhaps helping in a civil unrest? I need to find more about that.

www.axisoflogic.com...

Good work!

I'd like to see what you find next marg.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thanks Soficrow,

Hey does anybody know about the pact between US and Israel?

Even if the pipeline never materializes, Israel has an ace in the hole. Under a 1975 memorandum of understanding, the United States guarantees virtually all Israel's oil needs in the event of a crisis - even if it means reducing the amount of oil available to Americans.

This is news to me.
get ready American we are not the true citizens of this country Israel is

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I dont see why you're all so bent out of shape. If Israel needs oil and America starts diverting shipments, demand for oil in America will naturally go down... because most of us will be drafted and sent to attack whoever has the oil!

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

because most of us will be drafted and sent to attack whoever has the oil!

Hey nice point, I wonder as why the US made such an amendment taking in consideration that is putting Israel over the need of the Americans with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

because most of us will be drafted and sent to attack whoever has the oil!

Hey nice point, I wonder as why the US made such an amendment taking in consideration that is putting Israel over the need of the Americans with it.

Hmm. I wonder. Who did that again?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It seems that the US have more than one memorandum of understanding, from supplying money, arms and in case of emergency oil.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join