It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone familiar with similar UFO sightings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm hoping this will ring a bell with at least one peraon on ATS. Someone I know who is a very reliable, no nonsense and rational kind of man once described a UFO sighting, and I can't find anything quite thesame through my online research. He never claimed them to be ET or anything, and he presented it more of a 'something weird I saw twice in my life.'

One in Vietnam in the late 60s and once in California in the 70s he saw a big blue orb comparable in size to the moon from his perspective only it wasn't the moon because it too was in the sky. I'm not certain as to what proximity it was to the moon. I also can't recall if it moved at all, but I don't think he mentioned any movement.

Perhaps it is a similar phenomenon to the rare mirage that cause an illusion of two suns in the sky?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

...and once in California in the 70s he saw a big blue orb...

Bingo

Maybe he was with us, in Ca, in the 70s, seeing that very same blue 'thingy'.

Where in Ca. exactly, under what circumstances?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm not certain. However, I will ask him tomorrow and get back to you. That's really awesome that you saw it too. Would you mind elaborating a little on your sighting? Any thoughts on what it may have been?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Replying to bookmark this thread.

I've never heard of this instance before. Looking forward to your comments, intrptr.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Niburu making a practice run?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Interesting..will be back to read more later.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

I'm not certain. However, I will ask him tomorrow and get back to you. That's really awesome that you saw it too. Would you mind elaborating a little on your sighting? Any thoughts on what it may have been?

I want to know where the lighting occurred for him, first.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

...and once in California in the 70s he saw a big blue orb...

Bingo

Maybe he was with us, in Ca, in the 70s, seeing that very same blue 'thingy'.

Where in Ca. exactly, under what circumstances?
OK. Turns out that I was incorrect on a few points. It's been a long time since he last mentioned the phenomena. Turns out he saw it in '69 in California while at Ft. Pendleton. He isn't sure what direction it was, e.g., east or west. He was in the troop tents. It was night but had to be before 10pm because lights out were at 9 or 10. It may gave been in June.

He said that it was off on the horizon, and turns out the size was more like 2 or 3 times that of the moon when it's big on the horizon. It was blue. Almost sky blue but not quite. It didn't move any. It didn't have crisp edges. He said the best description he knew was like a bright light shining through fog. It was bright in the middle and faded out. But the sky was clear that night. And then at some point it wasn't there anymore, but he didn't see it go away or anything.

The secong time he was actually in North Carolina at Cherry point by the city of Havlock. It was somewhere in the north or northwest. Pretty much the same description. He knows a lot of people saw it because a radio commentator was talking about it in the car radio.

Anyway, looking forward to your account!

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've seen something similar, but it was up close. I was standing at the kitchen window on the first floor look at the back garden. A white light caught my eye, moving slowly in from my 10 o'clock. I got a real good look at it, it was moving at a constant speed of about 4 feet per second. It only moved along the horizontal axis, no up and down movement. Very peacefully. It was a bit bigger than a softball but smaller than a basketball, say 10 inches or so. It had weak white light, like diffuse and opaque. But no variation in intensity or pulsing.
It crossed the back of the house diagonally and came to about 15-20 feet to me at its closest point before it disappeared out of my rightside view. That's why, I feel, I got a real good sense of its speed and size.

The whole thing was over in half a minute and I remember opening the window to try and catch a glimps of it around the house but it was too late. All I could think about was 'wtf is that?'. I also remember that during the encounter I, perhaps foolishly, tried to communicate with it. I was just intensly looking at it and thinking 'I see you there buddy' or dutch equivalent. But alas, not a single reaction. Was quite stoked at the moment, but rather bummed out later for it being so underwhelming.
But definitely my most impressive sighting ever.
edit on 11-1-2018 by Jubei42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

OK. Turns out that I was incorrect on a few points. It's been a long time since he last mentioned the phenomena. Turns out he saw it in '69 in California while at Ft. Pendleton.

Awww bummer. I was hoping he was one of my long lost friends or the strangers next to us on the rim of Silicon Valley that night.

In short: we all were stumped by a completely silent, impossibly fast blue light that sped past us at eye level, continuing on to the far southern end of the valley, at the last moment making an abrupt, angular change of direction with no radius of turn, at speed, disappearing into the only cumulus cloud in an otherwise perfectly clear sky.

I was with five or so friends and another group of complete strangers, who all saw the same thing.

The most beautiful neon blue light, no other discernible features, made the other aircraft in the sky that night seem like they were standing still. Nothing but nothing man made looks like that, travels that fast without rockets or vapor trail, is noiseless or changes direction like that, back then.

I know, I grew up the son of a Lockheed aerodynamic engineer, was taught by him every form of human conveyance known to humanity.

Still interesting, your friends account. Not the only ones seeing 'blue lights.' What we saw was never stationary, was quite smaller than the Moon, appeared to us from the North suddenly, sped by (at basically our altitude on top of the mountain ridge) and eventually disappeared into a cloud. We missed the ramifications of the cloud part, at the time, it seemed only odd it entered into and did not come out of the top of that puffy nimbus.

This was the very late 70s, a few years later I saw the film close encounters and about fell out of my seat... I've since asked and often wondered what is up with the 'cloud effects tank' he used in his movie, whether other real world accounts include this sort of phenomenon.

Haven't got much feedback about it, even though theres lots of hoax vids claiming oofoos associated with clouds. Theres plenty of blue neon color associated with accounts, too.

There are more tiny details I haven't gone into, might leave those out for now, in case this rings bells and others mention them, too. I am looking for the specifics of description that would seal it for me that this specific 'thingy' has ever appeared to anyone else.

Thanks for the recount from your friend and letting me share.

top topics

join