It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus 4th Degree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So a patron Saint, and the symbolic figure who 'discovered' the "NEW WORLD" both named after a Pagan goddess.

Who gives a damn about what John Cabot spotted or didn't spot, we know he wasn't first, we know Columbus damn well wasn't first, and only fools think he was actually looking for a route to India.

On to the topic that I have 'ducked', man, you guys are really starved for attention when you take notice that when I 'logged out with his tail between his legs' #.
Ask yourself honestly where you would expect to find these statues of Ruler's heads, carved into stone, over 6 feet tall.

Seriously, I think the mods are here to make sure we wallow in ignorance. I didn't laugh at his jokes, and he tried to threaten me

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
So a patron Saint, and the symbolic figure who 'discovered' the "NEW WORLD" both named after a Pagan goddess.

Seriously, I think the mods are here to make sure we wallow in ignorance. I didn't laugh at his jokes, and he tried to threaten me

You do wallow in ignorance.
A symbolic figure and a patron saint named after a Pagan goddess!!!! WooOOOooOOO!!!!! That's soooooooo unusual. Not.
Check any book of names you silly little boy.

www.babycenter.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The FACT that there were 'Afrikanz' in North & South America at the same time as the Indians, before White people came.

Still waiting for documentation. And Farrakhan doesn't count.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Still waiting for documentation. And Farrakhan doesn't count.

Hope you have a comfy chair and a really big drink...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by pbrez
To any brother or sir knights out there, I am taking the 4th degree this Saturday.

pbrez,

I've been away a few days, but I see the same ol' nonsense is being done by the trolls on-board.

Congratulations on receiving the 4th Degree. I have a good friend who's a 4th Degree K of C and very active in the order. I understand it's a beautiful and impressive ceremony.

Regards,

Thank you Senrak

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Are you saying columbus is a partron saint?

[edit on 20-2-2005 by pbrez]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Masonic Light, I don't know what kind of documentation you are expecting.

You want a stone tablet from me, that says in English "Year 1350, Black People Live In Central America."

So stop being ignorant and open your minds. Those stone carvings were made in South America, and they clearly depict facial characteristics typical of Afrikanz.

The statues are from the Olmec tribe, yeah, you know, the civilization that the Aztec and Maya learned a lot from (or descended from, take your pick).

Who cares if half the country is named after a Pagan goddess, as long as you are in on the worship, thats how you guys feel huh?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So stop being ignorant and open your minds. Those stone carvings were made in South America, and they clearly depict facial characteristics typical of Afrikanz.

It seems you are sterotyping black people.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You want a stone tablet from me, that says in English "Year 1350, Black People Live In Central America."

The statues are from the Olmec tribe, yeah, you know, the civilization that the Aztec and Maya learned a lot from (or descended from, take your pick).

Who cares if half the country is named after a Pagan goddess, as long as you are in on the worship, thats how you guys feel huh?

OK then you should be able to produce evidence of similar heads in Africa, yes?

There is evidence that it was possible to migrate from Africa to Americas 16000 years ago. During a period of Frozen seas. It is also quite reasonable to expect that if this did happen the cultures would have evolved in a miriad of differing ways. So we then ask , what is the relevance to your argument - these cultures would not have developed using English as a language therefore a link to an ancient Pagan God whos name would have been in any language but English has somehow secretly been supproted for 16000 years is quite a leap of imagination. Then hijacked by the masons to then take it to North America to replace the name of Columbus or Colon ?

I suspect some 'colon'ic irrigation is called for.

Like all other theories , it is possible. The question is , is it likely ?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Bill, you need to start reading FULL sentences.

The name Columbus is of Pagan origin, this has been established. This is what I was referring to 'the country being named after'. There's Columbus, OH, District of Columbia, Columbine High School...

The fact that the Americas had diverse Races living peacefully together before Europeans arrived. I'm not claiming they intermingled, as it is quite clear the darker-skinned (ie. Afrikanz) tribes stayed closer to Central America.

Even the sources I referenced assume the Afrikanz did not stay, which would only mean they were here REPEATEDLY before Europeans.

As for proof:
In his book, Ancient Egyptians in Mexico and South America, R. A. Jairazbhoy notes, that the helmets are of the same type as worn by the Egyptian-Nubian military of the Ramses pharaohs.

There is one Olmec head in the Jalapa museum, which has in its helmet the same circular earplug and incised decorative parallel lines as found in colossal Nubian heads.

These Nubian heads were carved over three thousand years ago in the Egyptian seaport of Tanis, as reported by Van Sertima in African Presence in Early America.

H. G. Lawrence in his work, African Explorers of the New World, informs us that Columbus found that when he stopped at the Cape Verde Islands that "Negroes had been known to set out westward with their ships loaded with merchandise'. Columbus further reports in his diary that the Indians of Hispaniola showed him gold they had traded from Black men who had come from across the sea. And Amerigo Vespucci witnessed Black men returning to Africa across the Atlantic."

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Well, pretty much anything that would show that you aren't BS'ing us again. Apparently, you have mistaken the members of ATS for a group of idiots who've just fallen off the turnip truck.

Who cares if half the country is named after a Pagan goddess

Not I. Hell, all the planets were named after pagan gods, as were most of the months of the calendar, not to mention that your own screenname is a plagiarization of a pagan demigod. It doesn't matter to me in the least if something is named after a goddess, or a guy named Wilbur, or Fred Flintstone. I suppose the proper question here is why are you so obsessed with people's names?

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This thread has really gone totally off topic. From a congratulations, to this?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
This thread has really gone totally off topic. From a congratulations, to this?

You are surprised Chief? You've been here long enough to know that these thread NEVER stay on topic. Show me one thread that stayed on topic for more than one page in this forum. I don't think it's possible. I wish that wasn't the case but, look at who posted immediately after this thread was started and who has peppered it with nonsenical ravings (as usual) the whole time. It's too bad really.

So to get back to it, pbrez, how was the ceremony? Was it all you expected? Or more? Or less? I know you can't give details, but what did you think? How does it feel to be a Sir Knight?

[edit on 2/21/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
So to get back to it, pbrez, how was the ceremony? Was it all you expected? Or more? Or less? I know you can't give details, but what did you think? How does it feel to be a Sir Knight?

The ceremony was great and it beat my expectations. It feels great to be a Sir Knight, thank you for asking.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I know its only secret so as not to spoil it for those yet to take it, but
could we PLEASE make an exception since I have no interest in ever joining, but could you describe the 'Ritual Charging of the Initiate' as it was relayed to you?

Start off with the lighting, and music, as wel as other significant atmospherics, such as being blindfolded, or surrounded by cloaked figures.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It would seem the basic fundamentals between KofC and Freemasonry are not so very distant then.

Every masons will say something very similar, to pbrez.

I suspect the personal journey would be also.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

could we PLEASE make an exception since I have no interest in ever joining, but could you describe the 'Ritual Charging of the Initiate' as it was relayed to you?

Start off with the lighting, and music, as wel as other significant atmospherics, such as being blindfolded, or surrounded by cloaked figures.

Thanks!

YOUR KIDDING RIGHT???? LOL! That's for us to know, and you to never find out.

If you really want to know the history of the K of C, try to find these books

Faith and Fraternalism, The History of the Knights of Columbus 1882-1982
by Christopher Kauffman.

Columbianism and the Knights of Columbus, A Quincentenary History
by Christopher Kauffman.

These books are excellent resources written by the orders historian.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks!

Akilles can you keep a secret?

[edit on 22-2-2005 by pbrez]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Like I told Akilles on a U2U, so can I.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by pbrez]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor

If you really want to know the history of the K of C, try to find these books

Faith and Fraternalism, The History of the Knights of Columbus 1882-1982
by Christopher Kauffman.

Columbianism and the Knights of Columbus, A Quincentenary History
by Christopher Kauffman.

These books are excellent resources written by the orders historian.

[edit on 22-2-2005 by chief_counsellor]

Another good read on the subject is:

The Knights of Columbus in Peace and War

by Maurice F. Egan and John B. Kennedy

It's a 2 volume set from 1920 and getting pretty hard to find, but well worth-while. I have a set in my fraternal ritual & history library

(As well as a copy of Faith & Fraternalism)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join