It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights of Columbus 4th Degree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Chief

I think you have to just admit that with akilles

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Sorry Chief, but if I go to another country my name stays exactly the same.

John, in Italian is Giovanni, in spanish is Juan,
Mary is Maria in Italian, Miriam in Aramaic..

your name does change in different languages.

There are different forms for many names, that vary from Dutch to Polish, English, Russian....every language has a form for the name John for example.

and yes, Colon is the spanish version of Columbus

online spanish translater www.spanishdict.com...

results English Word Spanish Word
Columbus (Cristopher) Colón (Cristóbal)

[edit on 15-2-2005 by chief_counsellor]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
No one wants to touch the origin of America?
Chris fought against the Genoans when he joined the navy, and he couldn't write it? But he could write in a non-primary language? Thats talent.

"While many historians say that he is from Genoa, Italy, there is also evidence to the contrary: For example, he could not write in Italian. Other authorities believe that he was a Spanish or Genoese Jew, or that he was from Corsica, Portugal.

Although most people believe that Columbus was looking for an alternate route to India, we cannot be sure of this either. Kirkpatrick Sale, Columbus's recent biographer, also concluded that the truth will probably never be found."

cough *maps* cough. Believed it was his destiny to travel west, and that he would get great fame and fortune from it.

"He referred to the native inhabitants of the island as "Indians" in his discussions and reports. This term was eventually applied to all of the indigenous people of the New World."

Proven to be no accident by Anagram, they truly belong to 'a thinned race'. I'm not even going to address things Colon did in his personal life that would make you NOT want to associate with his name, but like everyone seems to agree, it was chosen for Positive Name Recognition, oh, and maybe because he was a good role model.

"Many attribute his visits to the New World with the dawning of a new age, and attribute to him much of the prosperity of the modern world; Others argue that his legacy is one of death, fraud, and persecution, and that his legacy is strongly overblown."

Now if he was given the name Columbus, it sure explains "Columbus' Voyage of Discovery" in a symbolic sense, and why all tales of pre-Columbus 'civilization' in North America has been suppressed, and largely ignored.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And what does Columbus have to do with British Columbia in Canada? Anyone wanna go there?

Makes sense if there is some connection between Colomba and the West, because BC is on the west coast, and Chris Colon travelled West in her name.

I guess no one wants to acknowledge the true origins of Washington District of Columbia?

Widows' Sons in the back, do you have your hands up?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by akilles]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And what does Columbus have to do with British Columbia in Canada? Anyone wanna go there?

Here's a thought. If you want to discuss such things, create your own thread in the appropriate forum instead of hijacking everyone else's.

cough *maps* cough.

Must be something going around...

[edit on 2/16/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I guess no one wants to acknowledge the true origins of Washington District of Columbia?

The origins of the CITY, or the origins of the NAME?

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Origin of the city? You mean how the streets are laid out in the form of Occult symbols, with strategically places Obelisks, plenty of 'old school' temples, etc.

No, that wasn't what I was talking about, I WAS talking about the Name.

Why don't I start my own thread, so it can be hijacked? Please, if people can't stay on a topic in this forum, why would they be able to any where else.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Why don't I start my own thread, so it can be hijacked?

Yes.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Columbus' Voyage of Discovery"
I will take alot on myself here and speak for all the native peoples of this contenent. Columbus didnt discover anything . we never lost it.

Historically, ignorant, blind, foolish, brainwashed people had the habit of persecuting those who the didn't agree with, so secrecy was required to survive or to practice the forbidden (by the ignorant) religion. Fortunately those days are now gone and those people no longer have the means to make other people's lives hell and destroy them. In fact, probably about the worst they can do now is spread lies about them. Ring any bells?

Yeah sounds Christian to me. as for those times being gone there are
still people around that are more than willing to see the burning times return.
well in this country it was hanging and stoning/pressing. there are still , it would seem , people who define witch and satanist by the malleus maleficarum definitions.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

I will take alot on myself here and speak for all the native peoples of this contenent. Columbus didnt discover anything . we never lost it.

Stakingwolf is correct. The first settlers in America where the Indians about 12000 years ago. Then the debate of the Chinese exploring the west coast about 2000 years ago comes into play. Then the vikings in about 1200 and something. Then came Columbus you was really looking for the Far east and bumped into this large land mass called North America. Columbus at first was not seeking "america" but he wanted to open trade to the far east and was supported by the Spainish to do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez
To any brother or sir knights out there, I am taking the 4th degree this Saturday.

pbrez,

I've been away a few days, but I see the same ol' nonsense is being done by the trolls on-board.

Congratulations on receiving the 4th Degree. I have a good friend who's a 4th Degree K of C and very active in the order. I understand it's a beautiful and impressive ceremony.

Regards,

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What is it you want to discuss?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have seen dates for the Vikings everywhere from 750 to 1100+ . there
is also the Voyage of Henry Sinclair Ca. 1450 i think. and of course the rumors
of Templar activity in Mexico, but who knows. Even amoung the Native Americans there are the stories of those who came before.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What do I want to discuss?

The FACT that there were 'Afrikanz' in North & South America at the same time as the Indians, before White people came.

Not all Black people in the Americas are descended from slaves, yet that is what they have all been told.

But really, the origins of America that I was talking about was the origins of the word America, which I had shown to come from the Amerike family, if any one cares to look back.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The FACT that there were 'Afrikanz' in North & South America at the same time as the Indians, before White people came.

Not all Black people in the Americas are descended from slaves, yet that is what they have all been told.

But really, the origins of America that I was talking about was the origins of the word America, which I had shown to come from the Amerike family, if any one cares to look back.

Have you got anything besides your own hot air to back that up?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Have you got anything besides your own hot air to back that up?

Echoing Axeman's question here.

Waiting #3 akilles.

Sorry to see you decided to log out.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Hate to tell you but you are wrong and yes you have nothing to back up your story. American Indians are the first people to set foot on the soil of the America continents. Most Africans where brought here from the slave trade the others where indentured servants but that was during the 1600’s and 1700’s not before. When the first settlers came to the North American continent they only came across American Indians and sorry no Africans where here yet. Suppose you are going to tell me the traveled with the last tribe of Israel (no offense to the LDS out there)

Now to the Amerike topic, this is part of the John Cabot conspiracy that has gone on for years. The theory is the John Cabot discovered America before anyone else, which is funny because the King of England didn’t pay for his voyage until 1494. Oh well lets keep kicking the dead horse.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
akilles logged in and back out again. Man that corner you painted yourself into must be uncomfortable. BTW, check your u2u's.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I Know nothing of the ‘The Knights of St Columba’ except hat they are a Christian organisation admitting only Roman Catholics to their ranks. I assume that they are very similar to the masons in that they have esoteric rituals, secret modes of recognition and do good works in the community. However I have always thought that ‘The Knights of St Columba’ were named after St Columba (521 - 597) the first Christian Missionary to Scotland as this would be consistent with the devoutly catholic inclinations of the order. I suspect any similarity in the name of the order with that of a pagan God is purely incidental. Please let me know if I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pignut
I Know nothing of the ‘The Knights of St Columba’ except hat they are a Christian organisation admitting only Roman Catholics to their ranks. I assume that they are very similar to the masons in that they have esoteric rituals, secret modes of recognition and do good works in the community. However I have always thought that ‘The Knights of St Columba’ were named after St Columba (521 - 597) the first Christian Missionary to Scotland as this would be consistent with the devoutly catholic inclinations of the order. I suspect any similarity in the name of the order with that of a pagan God is purely incidental. Please let me know if I am wrong.

pignut

You are right. There's also the Knights of Columbus (a Roman Catholic organization similar, but not connected with the Knights of St Columba). Both are good organizations, not evil or subverse...but don't tell akilles. I don't think he/she/it could handle the truth.

Regards

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join