It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Says He Can Solve The Opioid Crisis..But Americans Are Not Ready For It Yet.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Addressing of over prescription has already begun, no Trump influence that I know of though. Starting at the top with Big Pharma suits,

SEATTLE — Attorney General Bob Ferguson today filed an unredacted complaint against Oxycontin maker Purdue Pharma, which reveals previously sealed details from the company’s internal documents.

The newly released details describe the company’s interactions with several Washington state medical providers sanctioned for inappropriate prescribing of opioids. It also reveals an internal Purdue study that called into question information that the company used to deceive doctors into believing that opioids are effective for treating long-term chronic pain.

Ferguson filed his lawsuit against Purdue in September of 2017, accusing one of the nation’s largest opioid manufacturers of fueling the opioid epidemic in Washington state, embarking on a massive deceptive marketing campaign, and convincing doctors and the public that their drugs are effective for treating chronic pain and have a low risk of addiction, contrary to overwhelming evidence.

Source

More

“We called his wife, and she went home to check up on him," Hood says. "He was dead of an overdose."

With Arkansas, Half the States Now Limit Painkiller Prescriptions Shortly after that, in 2015, Hood became the first state attorney general to sue a prescription drugmaker for their role in the opioid epidemic. Since then, more than 100 states, cities and counties have filed similar lawsuits, with a new one popping up almost every week.

Source2

What's been uncovered is that pharma is caught paying these Drs.

Arresting the Drs., looks like they would be using them as fall guy while Big Pharma is slapped on the hand, if anything overall, with settling suits.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
know somebody who has since 35years a huge problem. he thinks he wonna kill himself becausae he thinks he will not make the ..shift and .. hee think hes not ready....
but who would bre ready after so many years ...

edit on 11-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2018 by airowineSailorcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
maybe he going to borrow the Duterte method of taking care of the drug problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Taking a leaf out of Duertes book?

VengefulGhost - you beat me too it!
edit on 11-1-2018 by Kalixi because: post cred

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Taking a leaf out of Duertes book?

VengefulGhost - you beat me too it!

hehe great minds think alike

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Maybe he means legalization...

The problem of opioids doesn’t come from people being stoned and doing crazy stuff like with meth or pcp.

The problem comes from people stealing to avoid withdrawal symptoms. Make an alternative cheap and accessible. As well as legalization allowing it to be pharmaceutical grade to avoid over doses...

And the vast majority of the societal ills from opiates vanish.

The Nordic countries have started free heroin clinics and cut felonies committed by heroin addicts in half in the first year..

That is crazy.. we freak out when crime drops 2% here..

Now if he is saying he knows how to stop people from using opiates at all ..

BWAHAHAHA

I DOUBT SERIOUSLY HE KNOWS HOW TO FIX THE Thousands of years OLD OPIATE DEPENDENCY!! Lmao..

That is just hilarious..

But usually know.. I guess he is,

“Just the smartest guy ever.. I’m such a stable genius.. no one is smarter than me.. I’m the best at everything..”

Lmao..

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

He's appointed Kellyanne Conway the opioid czar, career pollster and pundit, best known for managing Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and telling brazen lies on cable news.

He has not said anything about Sessions and his marijuana policy. He is also tight with big pharma.

I'm guessing his policy is to produce cheap opiates, ban marijuana and, and let Kellyanne be his spokesperson. Possibly his longer game is to make 'Trump Heroin', and sell it. Possibly another war in an opiate growing nation, perhaps Mexico could be arranged.

What a plan, what a genius, what 4D chess!!
edit on 11-1-2018 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Legalization is the only way to end it..

Who knows if we end our moritorium on such things. Some pharma company might oroduce a no addictive alternative.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yea. He'll jump on that right after he gets his beautiful, less expensive, better healthcare for everyone established. He's a genius.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm thinking something along the lines of Indonesia.

newrepublic.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The FBI wanted to take down McKesson over distributing opiates but the DOJ said no. Too big to go after. The government pretending to care is nothing but a joke.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Full disclosure, legalisation of all drugs and handouts for heavy addicts?
What the heck is he talking about, any mindreaders here to chime in?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
How does one solve an opiod (drug) problem in the USA when people in the USA are fighting to legalize drugs? You can't. Trump is right, people in the USA aren't ready to fight the drug problem. They'll just sit back and keep telling you weed will solve every problem in the world.
edit on 11-1-2018 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

What he has said in the past is that people need to "say no to drugs."

I'm guessing that's part of his solution.

He doesn't seem to have a very sophisticated understanding of the problem, so I'm guessing his solution matches.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I overheard Trump talking about retraining Pablo's Hippos.
Good luck with that..

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I can only hope trump may be alluding to the studies and articles that have been out there about legalized weed being a factor in reducing opiate use.i know ive seen articles about states that have legalized it to have a large reduction in opiate overdoses. There does seem to be some evidence for that and im sure most people in washington definitely arent ready for that. Replacing one drug for another is probably a difficult sale to some people. I do know people personally that have gotten over their opiate addiction buy using weed instead, but that would only be anecdotal evidence at best. Who knows where trumps head is at when it comes to these polices. I wouldnt be surprised if he came out with something like that, especialy after all the backlash sessions has been receiving. But then again , the push back from big pharma would huge. Who knows maybe he is just bluffing. Wishfull thinking on my part that he might see the light someday.
edit on 11-1-2018 by darknessdelmundo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You really cant compare weed to opiates....completely different thing. No one has ever died from pot...more people have died from Tylenol overdoses. Its def not a cure all for everything, but it is much safer than anything you can get at a pharmacy

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

"I think I know the answer" .... "not sure the country is ready for it yet." ....DJ Trump

the 'answer' to an opiod-crisis would not necessarily mean a solution as opposed to a remedy

i think He is hinting at proclaiming a 'mandate' just as ObamaCare did in forcing every one to 'buy' health coverage

Think in terms of Bureaucratic Drug Distributing centers much like the present Methadone or Suboxone treatment programs...
forced monitoring of all citizens for opiates in their systems every two weeks (or so)

edit on th31151568591211512018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

ETA: I guess that I'll address your question--who knows what he means. I think that his mind works at a crazy speed, and it almost sounds like he was fishing for someone to throw out an idea more than him actually having an answer.

Of course, if he's considering decriminalization of controlled substances, that would be a good start.
edit on 11-1-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am torn at the decriminalization of anything but pot. What will support the people who chose to stay high on drugs and not being productive in society, government hand outs or crime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join