It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"LegalFling" app offers legally binding contract for dating & ONS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Oh bollox I had this all typed out only to loose the lot, I will summarize below!!...

Anyway, a app has been released to help combat the now copious amounts of accusations made when people hook up either dating or for casual sex.

The basic idea it seems for this app is you meet someone and if it looks like you will be getting frisky then you send a whatsapp style message that the person responds to and that gives a time stamp etc etc..

All I can say is thank f#ck I do not have to be in the dating world with all these narcissist psychotic psychopaths...

I find it all a bit sad that this is needed, but honestly the way that any sexual accusation will totally ruining a person even if proven as false sometimes years down the line I can only say it is a good thing for people that partake in the high risk game of dating these days to at least have some protection. I will await a case to be heard in court before I say if it is successful or not!!!...

Metro article

metro.co.uk...#

I will not link the app directly but I am sure people can find all the small print online...

Taken from the article

The app in question is LegalFling which claims to be filling a void in the minefield that is dating.

It comes after a year where sexual harassment and the #metoo campaign have dominated the headlines. Even in Sweden, there is legislation being proposed that would require people to give explicit consent before they have sex.

So there you go, we have bantered the last year or so about having lawyers present in the bedroom to get signed affidavit after the fact, I guess this is the next best thing.. No doubt there is a back door for people that want to know every ounce of our business to access regardless of how secure the company claims it to be..

Strange old world aint it....

Happy hunting

RA

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What if you agree and then the other person/persons get violent and you want to stop? What if a rapist grabs your phone and clicks "consensual"?

F####### is too damn complicated these days

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

What we need is a crypto alt coin to handle this.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

BoinkCoin ?

Good thing I'm bankrupt. I don't want none of this. Personally, and just my opinion, but dating sites are for desperate people who would do anything to not be alone, even sell themselves on a website no different than any sex worker, just for a different price. I mean, can't meet people in real life, let things take their course and so on? Have to advertise yourself and your desperation to other desperate people who can't get anything on their own either?

I'd rather, honestly, buy mrs palmer a ring.

Lol boinkcoin, sure fire way to have your cryptography attacked by a yucky virus that just won't go away...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

let things take their course and so on?

As in meet person only to be accused of rape as they know it is so damaging for you to end up in the slammer and them to get compo, happens everyday... I know two people personally who where falsely accused of sexual assault, both "admitted" false..

Sadly for one of these people the stress was so bad they had a full blown stroke and lasting mental issues where they cannot even be alone with someone of a certain gender, neither situation was instigated via any online contact..

My understanding with this APP it can be used in any situation, in a bar etc etc

RA
edit on 10-1-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
One thing I will add to this, and I hope that people dont take it the wrong way. People are in control of their own actions, they need to take care of, and look after themselves. I know it's a contentious issue but as a woman I know to be careful of not getting blind drunk while out om the town and to always be in possession of my drink. There are men who will predate on women and being inebriated makes it a whole lot easier for them. Now Im not saying that drunk women deserve to be raped or that men have the right to take advantage of an intoxicated woman - not at all. And there are women who were raped when they were sobre and there was little they could do to prevent that. We all have to be incontrol of ourselves.

(Sorry about this antifeminsit statement but to me its pure logic)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:07 PM
link   

May as well set up a camera in the bedroom and record the consensual sex just in case it's claimed otherwise, oh hang on no wait, then you are a sexual predator.... Lol dating used to be fun, now it's a legal minefield.... #metoo is going to cause a far bigger headache than we can yet imagine.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi I know it's a contentious issue but as a woman I know to be careful of not getting blind drunk while out om the town and to always be in possession of my drink.

Very good principle and a solid advice for everyone.

I am male, and in the change of the millennium i went to a bar with a few friends and some random people. I was totally sober when i went there. We had Finnish marks back then (now euro). I had exactly hundred marks. That is roughly about 17 US dollars. Now i am not the kind of dude who can get wasted with 17 USD, not in a bar at least.

I ordered beer. I was young and carefree, and the world didn't seem such a horrifying place back then. I just left my beer at the table while going to take a leak or something. After like 2 or 3 beers i felt really intoxicated. Left the bar. I couldn't ride my bike anymore. I woke up next morning at about 11AM in an apartment building gateway, remembering nothing.

There were some really good looking young ladies at our table at the bar. I guess it (something to spike up the drink) was meant to one of them. I am glad it was me who drank it. I can handle falling off a bike and blackouts.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

May as well set up a camera in the bedroom and record the consensual sex just in case it's claimed otherwise, oh hang on no wait, then you are a sexual predator.... Lol dating used to be fun, now it's a legal minefield.... #metoo is going to cause a far bigger headache than we can yet imagine.

A German cannibal filmed himself ########, killing and eating a willing cannibal fetishist he met on a chat room as evidence it was consensual (assisted suicide is legal) but he got locked up anyway

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

originally posted by: badw0lf

let things take their course and so on?

As in meet person only to be accused of rape as they know it is so damaging for you to end up in the slammer and them to get compo, happens everyday... I know two people personally who where falsely accused of sexual assault, both "admitted" false..

Well, see that's where you go wrong. I'm not talking one night stands with potential. Nor how that relates to using dating sites in the first place, when developing trust with someone you intend on cohabiting with should be something you value in the first place and not just something you hope to get.

If all you want is to go pick up some talent at the local public amenity, you should expect to get more that your private parts, squeezed.

Sadly for one of these people the stress was so bad they had a full blown stroke and lasting mental issues where they cannot even be alone with someone of a certain gender, neither situation was instigated via any online contact..

?

I think.. take it from me, as I am nothing financial, the only thing I've had stolen was that stupid heart, which I've since put back into the iron cage and this time, smelted the key into a nail and pierced my heart with it. lol

A whisper off half a century, I'll not waste the remaining days feeling a mere half of something else. I'll embrace all there is. Some stepping stones in an otherwise smooth path these past months, but the waves behind that once tried so hard to drown me to the bottom of the deepest of the dark, are now the force behind my forward drive.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

There goes that idea, oh and just WTF is wrong with some people, far out.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
What if you agree and then the other person/persons get violent and you want to stop? What if a rapist grabs your phone and clicks "consensual"?

That's what I'm thinking!

Consent isn't something you can reasonably give for situations you don't expect.

Good intentions for the app maybe but impossible execution.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

I think my new solution is to just film everything that I do with the ladies.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I think my new solution is to just film everything that I do with the ladies.

wink, wink,

You dirty old man!!!!

new topics

top topics

join