It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity Confirms Dossier was used to obtain the FISA warrant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Breaking now on Fox News, I'll post the video when it's done airing.

This is the modern-day Watergate scandal.
edit on 10/1/18 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/1/18 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I watch it later, but I have been burned by Hannity before.

But I will reserve judgement until I see it myself.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
any links or anything?

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Seems to be coming from Sara Carter, who I think has been pretty good.

Here is the article.

The unverified dossier alleging connections between President Trump’s campaign and the Russians was used as evidence by the FBI to gain approval from a secret court to monitor members of Trump’s team, this reporter has learned.

A large portion of the evidence presented in the salacious 35-page dossier put together by former British spy Christopher Steele, has either been proven wrong or remains unsubstantiated. However, the FBI gained approval nevertheless to surveil members of Trump’s campaign and “it’s outrageous and clearly should be thoroughly investigated,” said a senior law enforcement source, with knowledge of the process.

Multiple sources told this reporter that the dossier was used along with other evidence to obtain the warrant from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, known as FISC. The sources also stressed that there will be more information in the coming week regarding systemic “FISA abuse.”

saraacarter.com...

The dreaded anonymous sources.

So I will not believe it until I see more proof.

Apparently rep. Jim Jordan who I like was on Hannity discussing this with sara carter, so I will watch to see what he said on it.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Carter is on hannity.

She says hannity confirmed this too, and hannity said his sources were two congressional members and one DOJ member.

Her sources were similar.

She is saying the odssier was definitely used in part to get a dossier, and what is especially troubling is that senior people like Comey admitted that the only part of tyhe dossier they could confirm was that page went to moscow.

So if her reporting is accurate, the intel community under Obama used a document that was paid for by the DNC and Hillary and sourced from kremlin officials that their senior members admit at the time was largely unsubstantiated as part of the reason to spy on Trumps team.

If true, its devastating to the FBI, the DNC and Hillary, and Obama.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Congressmen on Hannity, Jordan and another guy, both say the info should be released to public.

Congressman says that if feinstein wanted to release Simpsons transcript to public, that the public deserve to see these documents.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
wow...

i will enjoy the aftermath of this
edit on 10-1-2018 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
wow...

I think I will wait to see what comes of this, but I am interested to know the legalities behind this.

Considering that the dossier was the work of a former intelligence agent, could it be a valid source to use for a warrant if they have corroborating evidence from other sources, or is it considered "tainted" since he was contracted by a firm hired by a DNC lawyer to do opposition research?

I do not know those answers and we would need to know that before we go too far.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I believe it will be fruit of the poisoned tree kind of stuff

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hannity Confirms Dossier was used to obtain the FISA warrant

This doesn’t need to be confirmed by anyone, especially by a right wing hawk that gets air time.

It’s quite obvious the dossier was the match that lit the investigation up, and even more apparent is that the DOJ and the FingBI could care less as to the source of it.

Both of those entities will take generations to get respect back...and that sucks for the many individuals who work their ass off at the DOJ and FBI and leave their personal bias at home.

For shame...

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Jiggly
wow...

I think I will wait to see what comes of this, but I am interested to know the legalities behind this.

Considering that the dossier was the work of a former intelligence agent, could it be a valid source to use for a warrant if they have corroborating evidence from other sources, or is it considered "tainted" since he was contracted by a firm hired by a DNC lawyer to do opposition research?

I do not know those answers and we would need to know that before we go too far.

Well if this report is true, and that is a big if, we know that Comey testified on June 8, 2017 that as of January 6 2017 the dossier was "salacious and unverified"

January 6 Briefing

I first met then-President-Elect Trump on Friday, January 6 in a conference room at Trump Tower in New York. I was there with other Intelligence Community (IC) leaders to brief him and his new national security team on the findings of an IC assessment concerning Russian efforts to interfere in the election. At the conclusion of that briefing, I remained alone with the President- Elect to brief him on some personally sensitive aspects of the information assembled during the assessment.

The IC leadership thought it important, for a variety of reasons, to alert the incoming President to the existence of this material, even though it was salacious and unverified.

www.nytimes.com...

The fisa warrant would have been issued well before that, in July pf 2016 I believe.

That means if it was used in part to get a Fisa warrant, the head of the FBI at the time thought the dossier was salacious and unverified when he used it to get that warrant.

I think that is pretty damning.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, even if the investigation turns up criminality by Trump team memebers, their lawyers will artgue that this aggregious using paid oppo research in part to spy on ASmericans taints the entire investigation.

This could tank it all.

However, I am more concerned about the idea of the intel community under Obama being used as a weapon to target opponents and strip their civil liberties.

This could be the beginning of a very big investigation into the investigators.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Were working on digging up old proofs that this dossier is based on an english 4chan troll.

o this is going to be sweet.
kek.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What part of the dossier was obtained illegally? That would have to be proven for that theory to work, if I am not mistaken.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I thouhjt it was a given that Obama employed facscist domestic policy.

A good hint is that the term facscism was levelled at others. Thats how it works...you accuse others imcessantly of what you do.

Its why "Trumps crazy" and "Trump lies" is so damned ironic to me

Nometheless, Obama was caught weaponizing other federal agencies. It stands to reason.....

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Is the whole imvestigation not that colluding with foreign agents to sway the election is illegal?

If thats not the case then what is Mueller doing?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I thouhjt it was a given that Obama employed facscist domestic policy.

A good hint is that the term facscism was levelled at others. Thats how it works...you accuse others imcessantly of what you do.

Its why "Trumps crazy" and "Trump lies" is so damned ironic to me

Nometheless, Obama was caught weaponizing other federal agencies. It stands to reason.....

You mean the administration without a scandal?

If this dossier was used in any part for the fisa warrant its an unbelievable abuse of power by Obama.

We should prepare ourselves for the news that Obama only learned of the Fisa warrant on the news when everyone else did.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Is the whole imvestigation not that colluding with foreign agents to sway the election is illegal? If thats not the case then what is Mueller doing?

Yes, but that has nothing to do with Hillary, Steele or the dossier.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join