It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question regarding Quantum Entanglement and Teleportation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I will start off by saying I do not know enough about any of what I am asking. This is just a thought that popped in my head and I felt I should ask the question

With quantum entanglement and how I read it, is where a particle can have two parts to it, part A and part B. if you separate part A over a distance from part B and then you send information from part A, the information will instantaneously be at part B thus quantum teleportation? Is that correct? If this is correct, is this a way of communicating faster than light?

If my understanding is correct then that leads into the thought I had.

Say scientist sent part A on a ship that could travel at the speed of light and they travel for 10 years and then turned back to earth for a round trip of 20 years. Would they not be in the future? if that is the case, now in the future all diseases are cured, could they not send that information of the cure through part A back to part B giving the information to those back on Earth with part B the information in the past? Wouldn't this create information time travel since whatever happens to part A happens to part B?

Or would this create some sort of paradox if part A is aging at the same rate as the crew going the speed of light would part B be aging at the same rate as everything here on Earth and then cancel each other out?

Again I have no idea what I am talking about, this thought just popped in my head today out of nowhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If you’re trying to envisage this thinking of this in 2 dimensions it breaks a number of fundamental laws of physics. It’s not s matter of distance separating the particles.
Although the particles are in effect separate they have a number of shared properties that exist and interact in multiple dimensions of space and time. Thus what is experienced by one causes an instantaneous effect in the others.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBobH
If you’re trying to envisage this thinking of this in 2 dimensions it breaks a number of fundamental laws of physics. It’s not s matter of distance separating the particles.
Although the particles are in effect separate they have a number of shared properties that exist and interact in multiple dimensions of space and time. Thus what is experienced by one causes an instantaneous effect in the others.
How many known dimensions exist?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

May I answer ? 4 if you are asking in relevance to the antique physics books
11 or 12 if you subscribe to the more modern string theories and quantum physics

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have absolutely no answer, but my observation is that the future lies ahead of us, all the unanswered questions, Quantum Physics, Unified Field Theory, and all the tech to study it. Only two decades ago, Stephen Hawking's was the go to guy. Now he seems academic... Michio Kaku, Neil DeGrasse Tyson... the field is still expanding. Seems 50 years ago Gene Rodenberry gave it a big kick in the rear and sparked Science fiction into the world of non-fiction.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

11 or 12 if you subscribe to the more modern string theories and quantum physics
there are only 4 known dimensions. String theory and the extended set of dimensions are still only hypothesis. There is no proof that they exist.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: I think Im normal

I don't think it has 2 parts to it, I think we create the other part via our contraptions. Just like any particle physics. Particles don't exist and not exist according to some manufactured probability in nature they exist that way within a box we create to observe them do that.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

there are only 4 known dimensions. String theory and the extended set of dimensions are still only hypothesis. There is no proof that they exist.

You didnt read that little short post , did you ? Yet felt you just HAD to comment.
DId I say positively either way ?
What do you not get that I posted the word "theories"

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You didnt read that little short post , did you ? Yet felt you just HAD to comment.
They are not theories, they are hypothesis. Theories require observable proof
edit on 10-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: I think Im normal
I will start off by saying I do not know enough about any of what I am asking. This is just a thought that popped in my head and I felt I should ask the question

With quantum entanglement and how I read it, is where a particle can have two parts to it, part A and part B. if you separate part A over a distance from part B and then you send information from part A, the information will instantaneously be at part B thus quantum teleportation? Is that correct? If this is correct, is this a way of communicating faster than light?

Say scientist sent part A on a ship that could travel at the speed of light and they travel for 10 years and then turned back to earth for a round trip of 20 years. Would they not be in the future? if that is the case, now in the future all diseases are cured, could they not send that information of the cure through part A back to part B giving the information to those back on Earth with part B the information in the past? Wouldn't this create information time travel since whatever happens to part A happens to part B?

Or would this create some sort of paradox if part A is aging at the same rate as the crew going the speed of light would part B be aging at the same rate as everything here on Earth and then cancel each other out?

Again I have no idea what I am talking about, this thought just popped in my head today out of nowhere.
When referring to entangled particles, we are talking about two separate particles, not one particle with separate parts. Also, particles and therefore ships cannot travel at the speed of light.

en.m.wikipedia.org... is the wiki on quantum entanglement.

However, you are correct about this phenomenon being a way to communicate over vast distances and possibly faster than the speed of light. Although none of this is practical as of yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

And , with CERN and and the latest research what do ya have ?
Even the OP's quantum entanglement is an example of latest theories
Theories can be obtained by pure mathematics . Not necessarily by physical proof as it was in the ancient 19th and 20th Century .
Step into the 21st Century.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

And , with CERN and and the latest research what do ya have ?
Even the OP's quantum entanglement is an example of latest theories
Theories can be obtained by pure mathematics . Not necessarily by physical proof as it was in the ancient 19th and 20th Century .
Step into the 21st Century.
Everything you just said is untrue.

scientific theory
noun
a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: I think Im normal

I would imagine that any atom can be split apart and back together in it's proper order if one gets the gravity and electrical force just right. I am sure there are minds out there that can do it. But, how are they to be split and controlled?
edit on 01CST07America/Chicago02170731 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver
You don't read your own posts , much less mine...
With that , your farce ends here....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Any Atom can be split apart, however they cannot be put back together. Gravity is Inconsequential at that scale. Quantum entanglement is not about splitting Atoms. It is about entangling particles And a very complex process of directing photons through a crystal prism.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver
You don't read your own posts , much less mine...
With that , your farce ends here....
Please explain how i am wrong?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Any Atom can be split apart, however they cannot be put back together. Gravity is Inconsequential at that scale. Quantum entanglement is not about splitting Atoms. It is about entangling particles And a very complex process of directing photons through a crystal prism.

Directing is controlling.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

True, but there is also no prof that anything exists.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

True, but there is also no prof that anything exists.

Anything goes.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All I know is that the "standard way of thinking" in physics does not explain why I can tell when someone is staring at me, or when I think of someone and then the phone rings and it is them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join