It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do yourself a favor and tape your mouth shut.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Maybe I missed it, but in which position do you sleep? I'm guessing a back sleeper.

Do you sleep any better (and without snoring) if you're on your side?
edit on 10-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I usually only sleep on my side if my back hurts, but if I sleep on one side, I have to switch sides after a while because it gets uncomfortable, so I would be waking up multiple times to change positions. I don't know if I snore or not on my side.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I sleep exclusively on my side. Yes, I change position every few hours, but I go right back to sleep, and it doesn't affect my sleep quality (unless it's a night I simply don't sleep well). I also don't snore while on my side, and my mouth usually remains closed.

On the rare occasion I fall asleep on my back, within an hour I wake up snoring. It seems people who sleep on their backs tend to have snoring or sleep apnea problems, so that's just something to think about, even though I recognize there are just some positions in which people cannot sleep very well (for me, it's on my back).

Just some thoughts for you.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Hazon

CPAPs force dry air into the lungs. My mother almost died from a lung infection caused by a CPAP machine. No thanks. I might get a sleep study just to see the results, but no machine for me.

Most CPAP machines have built in humidifiers . That is the main reason how they work....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Congrats on taking steps to improve your health!!!

I developed mouth breathing recently....and did some research...and NO...not doing that mask thing....I cannot imagine being able to sleep with that contraption!

Read about mouth taping....and decided it was too scary to even try, even if it works....I sometimes get nasal congestion at night.

I went and did further reading on pillows....and found a memory foam wedge pillow, I place it under a soft regular pillow...and it 95% gets rid of the mouth breathing.

ETA
I sleep on my side....and still mouth breathe.....well, before the pillow anyway.
edit on Wed Jan 10 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Glad the pillow helped. I might try it so I can transition off of taping.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Good luck!

FWIW, the pillow also helps with quality of sleep.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just ordered one of the straps to go around the head. The mouth guard gave me blisters.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grruelty

Let us know how that works.....it looks like it would keep one awake....not to mention rather warm in summer.

CX

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I read this thread with interest last night, especially as my girlfriend says I snore like a tractor. I did lose a tone of weight and it stopped a while back, put a little back on and it's back. That's easily sorted.

As for the taping, I'm a bit bunged up at the moment with whatever it is hitting the UK at the moment, so didn't fancy taping my mouth shut and dieing in the night....so instead I made a massive effort to just close my mouth shut and nose breath as I tell asleep....and my girlfriend said she didn't hear me snore once.

Will try it again tonight.

Cheers for the info.

CX.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh my!
Thanks for sharing!

I got this peculiar thingie between my legs.

They say all men have it, but I don't believe it for a second.
(Dudes, seriously, we all have this?)

But, will give your remedy a try.

edit on 11-1-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Us, and them?
Behind the facade, we're just ordinary men?

Not a chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It should be coming in the mail tomorrow. I will post another update in this thread as to how it goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join