It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Defense Minister Khan on Ending All Intelligence and Military Cooperation with USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It either goes here, or Middle East Issues. I like it here for now.

Pakistan Defense Minister has openly stated they had suspended military and intelligence cooperation for the last year, which is likely what prompted the US to end its aid to their government. He also goes on to admit we have always had a transactional relationship, which means we have to pay for their cooperation. Seeing as that cooperation has not been very effective, good riddance.

The recent suspension of military aid by the US comes in the wake of a more grave suspension, which is suspension of the strategic dialogue for more than a year between the US and Pakistan. ... Later, in his concluding remarks, Ambassador Mahmood stated that Pakistan and the US have always had a transactional relationship.

January 9, 2018 - ISLAMABAD: "Pakistan has suspended Defense and Intelligence Cooperation with US" - Said, Engineer Khurram Dastgir Khan, Federal Minister for Defense at a Public Talk on “Contours of Security Environment of Pakistan”, organised by the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad (ISSI). Defence Minister elaborated, "wide field of Intelligence cooperation and defense cooperation, which we have suspended, my colleague Khuwaja Asif [Foreign Minister of Pakistan] rightly pointed out, but the facilities of ALOCs (Air Lines of Communications) and GLOCs (Gorund Lines of Communications) are still in operation. He further cautioned on GLOCs and ALOCs by saying, [as I said] it's a leverage that we use at appropriate time.

Of course some disingenuous foreign media seem to allude with their headlines and paraphrasing that this was some kind of unilateral action that just recently happened. As usual, I prefer to go straight to the source and get the truth instead of reacting to a headline. Never go only by headlines people, that should be disinformation 101 by now.
Pakistan ends all military cooperation with US

My primary concern however is China's growing influence with Pakistan and their desire to fill in the gaps. We must continue to support India and favor them as an ally and a hedge against Chinese expansionist intents.

China is likely to set up military base in Pakistan: Pentagon
WASHINGTON: China is likely to establish additional military bases in Pakistan and other countries with which it has longstanding friendly ties and similar strategic interests, a new Pentagon report said today as the world's largest army increasingly flexed its muscles.

In its annual report to the Congress on China's military build-up, the US Department of Defence said China's construction of military base in the strategic location of Djibouti is just the first of what will likely be an ongoing expansion in friendly foreign ports around the world.

China is expanding its access to foreign ports to pre- position the necessary logistics support to regularise and sustain deployments in the "far seas", waters as distant as the Indian Ocean, Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean.

"China most likely will seek to establish additional military bases in countries with which it has a longstanding friendly relationship and similar strategic interests, such as Pakistan, and in which there is a precedent for hosting foreign militaries," the Pentagon said.

"China also continued to send submarines to the Indian Ocean, ostensibly in support of its counterpiracy patrols. In May 2016, a nuclear-powered attack submarine conducted a port call in Karachi, Pakistan, during a visit by the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) Commander, marking China's first port call in South Asia by a nuclear submarine," the Pentagon said. "These submarine patrols demonstrate the PLAN's emerging capability both to protect China's SLOCs and to increase China's power projection into the Indian Ocean," the report said.

According to the Pentagon, Pakistan is also China's largest buyer of arms. From 2011 to 2015, China was the world's fourth largest arms supplier with more than USD 20 billion in sales. "Of this, USD 9 billion was to Asia-Pacific countries, primarily Pakistan," it added. "China's ability to remain among the world's top five global arms suppliers hinges largely on continued strong sales to Pakistan and demand for its armed UAVs. China is one of only a few global suppliers of such equipment and faces little competition for sales to the Middle East and North Africa.

"This likely will result in the Middle East and North Africa surpassing Sub-Saharan Africa as China's second largest arms export market," it said.

Last year, China signed an agreement with Pakistan for the sale of eight submarines, it said, adding that the first four will be built in China, with the remaining four in Pakistan.

In any case, With the Air Lines of Communication (ALOC) remaining open, I sincerely doubt they intend to make good on their threats of shooting down US drones that cross into their air space. It seems more realistic they will simply give a holler and say "ahem, your coloring outside the lines again. Could you politely return inside your picture?"

Remain vigilante!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

China can see what a great ally they are. Personally I've been over Pakistan for about a decade.

Bin Laden was holed up in a city full of high ranking retired military and ISI people. That should tell you where their alliances were. We had to totally bloc communications with Pakistan when we killed OBL or they would have tipped him off.

We were a paycheck for them.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Who gives a snip.

Their version of cooperation is we give them money they actively aid and hide terrorists.

I still haven't forgotten Bin Laden being hidden there.

Nor should anyone else.

Our time,money, and effort is best spent elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They will treat China better due to their,conflicts with India who Pakistan hates. They never liked us due to our support for india, but they knew we paid well for what we wanted so they used that. They did the bare minimum to get that money and hid a lot of important Intel from us anyway. I am glad we are no longer paying them as they truly were no real alli to us.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LOL DO people still think that Bin Laden was solely responsible for 911?

Good move by China; cant have the USA encircling Russia without some resistance.

Anything that slows down the Globalists puppet, namely USA is a good thing for the greater good of world peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Any talk about the Imran Awan situation impacting Pak-US relations?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What a crock only way Bin Laden was there was in a coffin,I can't believe there are jokers who believe the 911 story,especially on ATS

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Thank-you. Very informative thread! As with Kim Jong, the Anti-American MSM only reports U.S. actions that they feel will shed a bad light on our country. They intentionally omit that the U.S. or Trump, are responding to an action or insult from another country or leader.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think sending Pakistan down the road is a fine thing.

As Pavil, I've been over them for some time. Allies like that, who needs enemies?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

LOL DO people still think that Bin Laden was solely responsible for 911?

Good move by China; cant have the USA encircling Russia without some resistance.

Anything that slows down the Globalists puppet, namely USA is a good thing for the greater good of world peace.

ask yourself this...Whose world peace is better. russian world peace or american world peace?

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Doesn't Pakistan have that doc that aided the US on bin laden still in jail?

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Ask yourself this do you prefer US destabilizing Ukraine so Monsanto can take over their agriculture?

top topics

join