It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why baby boomers need immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: InTheLight

Yah we need those kinds of immigrants not the kind the democrats want to put on the public dole for votes.

Yeah, we agree and know what works within a society that needs to be sustained.

I was thinking about sustainability a couple of days ago.

It seems to me that a global industry makes us extremely vulnerable to joblessness, systemic poverty, violence and division.

When businesses were local, they needed a large number of local customers to generate a profit, but this kept the business local, produced jobs and created growth. When companies grew an dispersed their businesses nationally, the need for customers in local communities decreased. They had a larger number of customers spread out over a much larger area, so individual customer service and satisfaction was no longer necessary for them to grow and generate a profit. Communities suffered, and local jobs diminished.

Now with a global industry with 7 billion people on the planet, you can see how sustainability becomes a problem, if we don't go back to the grassroots Big business and global industries may make for cheaper goods, but what good it that if you don't have a job making a living wage? Those immigrants will not be coming to work for you, and may make your present quality of living decrease. Unless you are one of the few that gets sent off to Elysium.

edit on 10-1-2018 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Spelling corrections.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Yah we need those kinds of immigrants not the kind the democrats want to put on the public dole for votes.

Yeah, we agree and know what works within a society that needs to be sustained.

I was thinking about sustainability a couple of days ago.

It seems to me that a global industry makes us extremely vulnerable to joblessness, systemic poverty, violience and diversion.

When businesses were local, they needed a large number of local customers to generate a profit, but this kept the business local, produced jobs and created growth. When companies grew an dispersed their buisnesses nationally, the need for customers in local communities decreased. They had a larger number of customers spread out over a much larger area, so individual customer service and satisfaction was no longer necessary for them to grow and generate a profit. Communities suffered, and local jobs diminished.

Now with a global industry with 7 billion people on the planet, you can see how sustainability becomes a problem, if we don't go back to the grassroots, Big business and global industries may make for cheaper goods, but what good it that if you don't have a job making a living wage? Those immigrants will not be coming to work for you, and may make your present quality of living decrease. Unless you are one of the few that gets sent of to Elysium.

Is the the last fate as people who reach the age of 30 in the movie 'Logan's Run'?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I have heard of it, but haven't seen it. Now you are going to make me watch the movie.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I have heard of it, but haven't seen it. Now you are going to make me watch the movie.

You must choose to do so, but I will add you wont' be disappointed.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well then, if we want americans filling those jobs.

we need to start training people.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Well then, if we want americans filling those jobs.

we need to start training people.

Well that could be true.

Almost none of these jobs require attending university.

But it seems that this country is more focused on getting people into 4 year schools and getting gender study degrees than training people for blue collar work.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

But it seems that this country is more focused on getting people into 4 year schools and getting gender study degrees than training people for blue collar work.

I believe the college degree is often used as a weeding out tool.

When a company has two job openings and 200 applicants, all with just about the same skill set, anything that makes an applicant stand out came be used to narrow their search.

It doesn't necessarily make the person a better choice, it just sometimes just make is easier to make a choice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join