It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

BWAHAHAHA...

You mean that for a modern person, who knows about DNA that makes way more sense..

In fact the whole animal way is just impossible.. so you have shifted your beliefs to match science.

Also the thought the andiluvians were more advanced is hilarious..

Then we’re are the nuts and bolts?? Where are the billions of steps in between tribal and modern man technologically??

Not one bolt has been found?? Not one transistor or piece of plastic???

Where are all their styrofoam cups and baby diapers???

Lol

Wow could you be any more condescending? And no, it says exactly that In the bible I actually doubted my beliefs then as time went by science and unexpected discoveries unexpectedly gave things a way to have been possible as it said all along. For the longest time the idea that there were technological civilizations in the past was insane to me but now it is the only thing that makes sense given new knowledge. In fact, there is a group of scientists who recently came to the conclusion that based on strata evidence, philological history, anthropological patters, weather, DNA mapping, and more that we are in the 6th technological age that has reached this far and reset. Even entire cities of steel of left unattended to they say would be reduced to nothing in as few as 400 years and no more than 1500. I wish I could direct you to the study I read but I don't care to dig it up, you make so many mistakes in what you say here though and that coupled with the rude behavior that belongs more on YouTube than ats tells me you are not actually serious about discussing this, just trying to paint religious in the light of dumb, unintelligent, and gullible but your being way off on your claims just makes you one of the average simpletons out there just starving for your daily dose of programming. Warmest regards though.
edit on 1/12/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just gonna jot down one final thought...it is a sad time. I have said it several times but I never knew how much I meant it until just now. Two years ago or so compared to now is like a message board with two totally different species participating and before being such a higher caliber of human being and intellect to share with that today's participants make it feel like I went from playing chess against fisher to being here playing tidily winks or hungry hungry hippos with a Kardashian.

There is a perfectly good way to explain it all, without clashing with science even. It is incredible and breathtakingly awe inspiring to consider the true nature of life and history. That is why it is a real shame that it seems as though the people here aren't even knowledgeable in the most basic conspiracy theories, the most popular scientific theories, or the evidence for alternative history that used to be something of a prerequisite here that sure, you didn't agree with everyone at all but at least everyone could hold his own and not feel silly when he realizes at just what level his opponent is on in this would be thrilling debate....reduced to name calling and whining while citing regurgitated American k-12 curriculum as if I am not familiar with it (and boy oh boy if that's your response you just have no clue who it is you are speaking to here do you) For one, i have got to stick to my rule not to talk alternative biblical interpretation with anglophones. You haven't a clue what it says in the first place and it is largely because of the bastardized modern "bible" missing so much and translated losing 50% of its meaning that has people unable to see just how many levels there are to it "allegory" hardly does it justice and my home language is Greek and my bible much more hole than the evil KJV or something spawned from it. Oh and I have several advanced degrees including philology, history, and more and from three of the top universities in the world if not THEE top three. So watching people use elementary school content in an attempt to make me feel ignorant and undereducated is a hoot! And I guess I needn't even go further than that. It is simple. You can't possibly know the material at all cuz you haven't read it so your telling ME what is written is funny enough already I can't take anything else seriously. Go learn your texts, then let's talk about how a person can can't should or shouldn't interpret them.
edit on 1/12/2018 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: JoshuaCox

In reality there was no flood that covered the entire Earth
I don't know about that. I think it's still up for debate. When I attended University, one Dr. Hill of geology told our class that there was plenty evidence to support the notion of a global flood. Perhaps it is controversial uet, but it's hard to tell someone with a PhD in a relevant field that they are wrong... unless one too has a Phd in a relevant field...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So how did Noah get the Australian animals back to Australia after the Ark got stuck on Mt Arrarat??

You can''t say they migrated, because then there would be fossils of them in other places and probably some still living around Asia.

That is a good question and has a few, but by no means definitive answers:

Fossils are usually created in catastrophic events (like when sediment covers the organism and excludes oxygen). Normal processes of decomposition would remove any evidences if there was no further natural catastrophes during the period of migration.

If the flood happened coincident to the Jurassic, then Gondwana had not yet broken up and therefore land bridges existed to what are now separate continents. Of course, the Jurassic as dated by science was over a hundred million years ago and so any historical flood could not have referred to such.

I also imagine that Australia has retained its rather unique marsupial species due to the relative absence of apex predators and natural barriers to such.

It is far more likely that the Biblical flood was not global and merely covered the majority of the Middle East (like the possibility that the Mediterranean rose due to glacial melt after the ice-age and overwhelmed a sill in the Straights of Bosphorus, flooding overland and creating what is now the Black Sea, circa 5600 BC. This time-frame also accords quite well with various religious estimates of the 'time of the flood').

The Biblical account also does not specifically identify the flood of Noah as a global flood but speaks of it covering the 'face of the land'.

'The land' could mean the planet Earth, a country, a territory, the known world, the patch of dirt under one's feet or the 'promised land'. It is only translations that have substituted the words; 'the face of the land' (paniym 'erets - פָּנִים אֶרֶץ or paniym adamah - פָּנִים אדמה, with 'the whole Earth' (or something similar), and have therefore led to an assumed, but not actually stated, global flood.

If the flood of Noah was local, there is no need for migration of animals local to the Australian continent.

edit on 12/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I would think there is a lot of dogma in science
and there is no excuse for it in religion either

Thats what I meant, sorry if I wasn't more clear.

To be clearer still, unlike religion, science has solved many puzzles, whereas religion either only updates their dogma in the face of indisputable scientific truth. I.e., heliocentricity, discovery of Galaxies, for instance. When science finally discovers the next dimension, it will be a scientific discovery,

Spirit is very scientific, the soul is physical. It does exist, 'over there' -- I mean here-- I mean in you-- I mean you.

Compelling second link.
edit on 12-1-2018 by intrptr because: bb code, additional

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The ark was a pink refridgerator from mars.
The flood represents the fluid all creatures were bred in.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What, what?
You are counting bacterial cells

They don't 'exist' ? Aren't complex life forms, aren't life, proper?

You just don't have a clue

STFU

Just remember, you believe life evolved from dust and water and then diversified to those trillions or whatever stupid number you arrived at

No, I don't. Get it straight. I believe life was brought here. If you read my content here in this thread or anywhere on this subject, you would already know this. I don't adhere to either religious or scientific dogma on this subject, period.

Seeds, eggs, DNA, cell division and the womb are not a product of evolution (according to science dogma) , nor poofed out of thin air by godmagic.

They are the result of engineering and development, very scientific, very real, and very, very, precise. I suppose if you were the least bit religious you would describe it as "Miraculous".

But really, a 747 is not so much a 'miracle', as it is carefully designed and built by engineers.

On the Ark, two dogs, not all the different breeds, just two dogs, they have diversified since then.

Ahhh, you're the clueless one, believing in fairytales.

The ark of the bible is symbolic of the real one.

How do you think physical life got here?

edit on 12-1-2018 by intrptr because: spelling, bb code

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a better question is for me is that the good book claims God created the universe, heaven and earth, and everything else in 7 days.
now we know that a day is a day because of the amount of time it takes the earth to make a full revolution about its axis relative to the sun. so were those 7 days god days or human days (somehow)

My question is how do you get complex DNA from nothing?

You bring it here, fully formed. Genetic Code is encoded, right?

Who wrote that code?

Yeah, you bring it here, yeah
But from where, where did it come from, where did it start
All you have done is moved the goal posts to somewhere else

It's about the start, you are talking the end

The start of any garden-- is planting. The Universe isn't vast enough for us to consider life elsewhere, developed to a high level, spread throughout the Universe, by now?

You can't disprove that either.

Thats just stupid, all you have done is shifted the staret date and place it happened, it as a theory explains nothing new or valid.
"It didnt happen here recently"
"Woooo
it happened over there, a long time ago, woooo"
Just moving the issue somewhere else, its stupid argument

As opposed to your even 'stupider' argument that life got 'poofed' here, according to some ancient text?

Remembering of course, these 'ancient' story tellers had never seen thru a telescope or microscope, had no clue about the wider Micro / Macro Universe.

But do go on, describe best you can the development process of cell division, the womb, DNA; describe for everyone what life is and where all that actually came from...

By the by, name calling; calling people stupid, is stupid behavior.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
The ark was a pink refridgerator from mars.
The flood represents the fluid all creatures were bred in.

The flood was toxic to life, all the acidic fallout of chemicals from the impactor plume would sterilize the oceans, not create a life soup.

If it did, there would be instances of new found life all the time occurring around volcanic activity today. But there isn't, is there?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Speaking of transistors
Patents were awarded to favoured companies by the US.

www.ufoevidence.org...

"Did AT&T receive stolen alien technologies from the US Government in 1947 and thereby invent the transistor, the laser, the integrated circuit, and...on and on and on...different technologies?" Well, we figured the reaction we would get from the public would be one of, "Oh gee, isn't that cute? That's funny, X-Files, you know..." The reaction we got was not one we had anticipated.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

Remember, the flood was sent by God to stop the tampering with the human genome that would have stopped Christ from being born and it's the one biggest red flag we are to watch out for when the end is near (humans once again dabbling in genetic manipulation).

The flood was bought because the earth was working too good. Flora and Fauna lived long lives, grew to enormous proportions (fifty foot alligators and sharks).

The earth needed a change of season instead of one long summer, got knocked off its axis by an impactor. This reduced the growth period to spring and summer, cutting back lifes flourishing endless summer, giving puny humans a better chance to survive.

,o2

This may have been a resulted of it but the bible and apocrypha, if that is what we are going by, is clearer than clear about genetic engineering being what brought on the flood and why Noah, one of the only humans left with clean blood, was chosen.

I thought Noah was chosen because he was 'clean' as in righteous, like the way Lot was chosen as the only 'good' man left, blameless before God.

Further, they had no idea about DNA or "blood" as you put it.

Ancient texts exclude any reference to anything even remotely understood as what we call 'scientific', today.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Speaking of transistors

www.ufoevidence.org...

"Did AT&T receive stolen alien technologies from the US Government in 1947 and thereby invent the transistor, the laser, the integrated circuit, and...on and on and on...different technologies?" Well, we figured the reaction we would get from the public would be one of, "Oh gee, isn't that cute? That's funny, X-Files, you know..." The reaction we got was not one we had anticipated.

I would assume most of that came from Nikola Tesla's work that was stolen by the US government and given to top scientists like John Trump.

Most of the electrical/laser stuff came from Tesla I believe. The WOO WOO is government cover most likely.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Not steel..

I doubt seriously steel would totally dissolve in only 400 years, but screw steel..

What about plastics, what about composites? And alloys and all the stuff we have made that will absolutely last 10,000 years???

Where is their radio active waste??

Where are their satillites and moon rovers??

If someone says something ridiculous, then people tend to answer that question with a certain lack of credibility.. lol

See modern societies do not come out develope I a vacuum.. there is no scenerio where one city is post Industrial Age and the rest of the world is Stone Age..

That’s not how industrial civilizations go..

If you wanna say we have repeatedly gotten to the Bronze Age , then backslid being forced to rediscover agriculture and such. I’m with you.

If you want to speculate there have been many forgotten Stone Age cultures , some not based on primates??

Sure, plenty of time there..

But a nuclear society doesn’t vanish completely..

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Remember, the flood was sent by God to stop the tampering with the human genome that would have stopped Christ from being born and it's the one biggest red flag we are to watch out for when the end is near (humans once again dabbling in genetic manipulation).

The flood was bought because the earth was working too good. Flora and Fauna lived long lives, grew to enormous proportions (fifty foot alligators and sharks).

The earth needed a change of season instead of one long summer, got knocked off its axis by an impactor. This reduced the growth period to spring and summer, cutting back lifes flourishing endless summer, giving puny humans a better chance to survive.

,o2

This may have been a resulted of it but the bible and apocrypha, if that is what we are going by, is clearer than clear about genetic engineering being what brought on the flood and why Noah, one of the only humans left with clean blood, was chosen.

I thought Noah was chosen because he was 'clean' as in righteous, like the way Lot was chosen as the only 'good' man left, blameless before God.

Ancient texts exclude any reference to anything even remotely understood as what we call 'scientific', today.
WHAT?
Ok, let us start at the very beginning, Genesis, chapter 2. Ok, Yahweh sedates Adam and removes dna and genetically alters him and creates Eve, making him 2 creatures, male and female. Sorry pal, that is seriously advanced science.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Speaking of transistors

www.ufoevidence.org...

All that 'hand me down alien tech' theory is bs generated by one man, Phillip J. Corso. His extraordinary claims that lasers, fibre optics and the integrated circuit all came from Roswell is sheer insult to all the scientific creative minds that labored intensely to develop those technologies.

Theres a documentary around somewhere, I went looking for it, can't find it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This poor guy you are responding to is going to spend 5 to 10 minutes deciding why or what to respond to from this post. You really are at a remedial level here.

Why don't you teach him some greek history and language?
You just seem to be relaying something you remembered reading in a text book 20 years ago in school. You are stuck with your own questions as a result of only learning someone elses pre-thoughts that you had to memorize word for word so you could get a good grade.

Like having a desire for pre-chewed food, but for the brain. It is gross to watch.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The river dwellers were accustomed to rivers overflowing their banks at certain seasons; these periodic floods were annual events in their lives. But new perils threatened the valley of Mesopotamia as a result of progressive geologic changes to the north.

For thousands of years the mountains about the eastern coast of the Mediterranean and those to the northwest and northeast of Mesopotamia continued to rise. This elevation of the highlands was greatly accelerated about 5000 B.C., and this, together with greatly increased snowfall on the northern mountains, caused unprecedented floods each spring throughout the Euphrates valley. These spring floods grew increasingly worse so that eventually the inhabitants of the river regions were driven to the eastern highlands. For almost a thousand years scores of cities were practically deserted because of these extensive deluges.

As the Hebrew priests in Babylonian captivity sought to trace the Jewish people back to Adam, they found great difficulty in piecing the story together; and it occurred to one of them to abandon the effort, to let the whole world drown in its wickedness at the time of Noah’s flood, and thus to be in a better position to trace Abraham right back to one of the three surviving sons of Noah.

The traditions of a time when water covered the whole of the earth’s surface are universal. Many races harbor the story of a world-wide flood some time during past ages. The Biblical story of Noah, the ark, and the flood is an invention of the Hebrew priesthood during the Babylonian captivity. There has never been a universal flood since life was established on Earth. The only time the surface of the earth was completely covered by water was during those Archeozoic ages before the land had begun to appear.

But Noah really lived; he was a wine maker of Aram, a river settlement near Erech. He kept a written record of the days of the river’s rise from year to year. He brought much ridicule upon himself by going up and down the river valley advocating that all houses be built of wood, boat fashion, and that the family animals be put on board each night as the flood season approached. He would go to the neighboring river settlements every year and warn them that in so many days the floods would come. Finally a year came in which the annual floods were greatly augmented by unusually heavy rainfall so that the sudden rise of the waters wiped out the entire village; only Noah and his immediate family were saved in their houseboat.
edit on 12-1-2018 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

,o2

WHAT?
Ok, let us start at the very beginning, Genesis, chapter 2. Ok, Yahweh sedates Adam and removes dna and genetically alters him and creates Eve, making him 2 creatures, male and female. Sorry pal, that is seriously advanced science.

The "beginning" lol. I believe it states he took a rib, not "DNA". You changed that, didn't you... (Neat)

Is that an update to the Bible then? I thought the Bible was infallible?

Yes, we understand it as molecular science today, but they didn't.

Now answer my other question to raggedy man...

Explain how DNA, seeds, eggs, cell division and the womb were developed and how they actually got here?

Explain it in modern scientific terms not Biblespeak, puhlease.

edit on 12-1-2018 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh, so you are looking for a scientific study and thesis on genetics in Genesis? That's just silly

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
a reply to: intrptr

Oh, so you are looking for a scientific study and thesis on genetics in Genesis? That's just silly

Lulz, no i'm not. Bible Thumpers do that.

I want you to explain how life was developed and arrived here.
edit on 12-1-2018 by intrptr because: you

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join