It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: chr0naut
Evolution begins with mutation/s occurring in a single organism.

It doesn't seem to matter what any minimum viable population is in that case, it keeps starting from below that number and, apparently, does so frequently and with regularity.

You are confusing a single mutation with speciation.

No, I'm not. In the evolutionary sequence, you cannot get to speciation, except by variation (like as occurs in a single organism's mutation). It is a mandatory and foundational step.

You can't populate the earth with only 2 individuals.

Firstly, populations tend to gravitate to ecological niches and I know of no species that populates the whole Earth.

Apparently, I can also initiate a population from a breeding pair at whim and have done so. I have good reason to believe that similar occurs in nature.

Please source your contradictory evidence.

Evolution is about traits becoming dominant in a population.

Where did the population come from?

Not an individual experiencing one mutation and becoming a new species.

I did not actually suggest that a single mutation was speciating, however, even when accumulated genetic change becomes speciating, how does that get into the population?

Populations are groups of individuals. If you remove all the individuals from a population, there is nothing left of the population. It makes no sense to talk of populations without consideration of the individuals that constitute that population.

The suggestion that 'a population' (not an individual) all changed at the same time, in exactly the same way and that, therefore, they could breed together, sounds like 'magical thinking'.

If that happened the species would instantly go extinct because it will be unable to breed.

Damn right!

edit on 12/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They dined on parables and metaphors. I didn't realize you were a literalist, had you pegged as a contextualist.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Raggedyman

All you have done is shifted the creators, who you have no, absolutely no validation of their heritage for source.

And your "source" is...?

I thought Humans were made in the Gods (plural ) image?

A source of what statement
I didn't make a statement to need a source, I questioned you

What's wrong with you

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It's simple, the carnivorous reptilians ate the rodents, the rodents went super saiyan and took their final form and evolved into apes, and the apes evolved into man.

I know that doesn't make much sense but it's less boring than the bible but somehow makes less sense than Scientology, because space souls coming from volcanoes makes perfect sense-All hail L. Ron Hubbard!

edit on 13-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
a reply to: intrptr

This does:

Life Carriers: www.urantia.org...

Life Establishment on our planet: www.urantia.org...

No pictures in that un un-authored 'book' either.

The exact circumstances of the origin of The Urantia Book are unknown. The book and its publishers do not name a human author. Instead, it is written as if directly presented by numerous celestial beings appointed to the task of providing an "epochal" religious revelation.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

All you have done is shifted the creators, who you have no, absolutely no validation of their heritage for source.

And your "source" is...?

What's wrong with you

You accuse me directly of believing in evolution. But haven't apologized and now deny your own belief system.

I hear a Rooster crowing.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And your "source" is...?

What's wrong with you

You accuse me directly of believing in evolution. But haven't apologized and now deny your own belief system.

Ohh, sorry, I didn't think you were a creationist, my apologies then

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And your "source" is...?

What's wrong with you

Ohh, sorry, I didn't think you were a creationist, my apologies then

I'm not a 'creationist' like that term usually implies, because I don't hold to church dogma either.

But as an analogy, 747s are seen flying overhead by primitive trees who probably attribute them to Gods and winged spirits or whatever, too.

When we both know they are designed and built by engineers and factories filled with people.

Just ordinary people.

Now extrapolate that to 'the heavens', other dimensions, the eternal, infinite Universe, etc.

We are those primitive tribes, wondering about 'otherwordly' 747s.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So you are not a creationist or an evolutionist...
Did we all come in planes as a tribe, is that what you are saying

The one thing I can see clearly is you don't have a clue what you are talking about

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Google Cargo Cults of WWII, then get a clue.

Whaddafk does "creation" mean to you anyway?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Maybe you better Google cargo cults because if you believe that cargo cults has anything to do with how humanity came into existence is even related to what you are pushing as your origins belief, you are delusional

So what is it, life created or evolved, or any other options you want to assume, please explain.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on

And I thinkEarth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

Not a bit of that paragraph makes any scientific sense. Please define "superior DNA" for instance. How can DNA be perfect?

I don't know about perfect, but We have a large amount of non functional DNA.

I imagine 'perfect' DNA to have a high epigenetic potential variability, no horizontally transferred sequences, longer and better protected Telomeres and no non-functional gene sequences. I imagine also that cell apoptosis would be more balanced in such an organism.

Everything for that particular organism to survive and reproduce maximally with no wastage.

I think the so called Junk DNA does have a purpose, we just don't know yet.

I'm pretty sure it does have a purpose, it's just non coding, which is why it's called junk.

I posted a link but it was backed by creationist sources, so I deleted it. Sorry to waste your time.

I totally disagree. The DNA is for something other than junk, I can almost guarantee it.

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Maybe you better Google cargo cults because if you believe that cargo cults has anything to do with how humanity came into existence is even related to what you are pushing as your origins belief, you are delusional

So what is it, life created or evolved, or any other options you want to assume, please explain.

You cant use logic on that unit Raggedyman. You have to bend like the reed in the wind to believe half the crap that one posts on ATS.. truly illogical.......

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Keep dodging, I asked you what 'created' means to you. How life was brought here.

These are simple questions.

Please explain.

a reply to: Justoneman

Use 'Logic' too, "Unit" . Instead of digs, lulz.
edit on 14-1-2018 by intrptr because: reply

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The reality is what I believe is lacking logic as well.
Seeded by aliens, sounds like a reasonable theory compared to others I have heard, to me anyway
I just wondered how the aliens came about, evolved, created, mystery magic?

Thought a reasonable answer might be forthcoming, seems unlikely

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Keep dodging, I asked you what 'created' means to you. How life was brought here.

These are simple questions.

Please explain.

Use 'Logic' too, "Unit" . Instead of digs, lulz.

My beliefs are common knowledge, I was asking you how your aliens came into existence, not what a cargo cult was or how that can even be related to aliens evolving or whatever you believe

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My beliefs are common knowledge

The rooster has crowed twice...

EOL

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think they were actually just vials of DNA samples, kind of like the doomsday seed vault, and the story is allegory.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

Yuk!!!

Creepy or not, repopulating the world from a base of two animals is biologically impossible.
Minimum viable population

Evolution begins with mutation/s occurring in a single organism.

It doesn't seem to matter what any minimum viable population is in that case, it keeps starting from below that number and, apparently, does so frequently and with regularity.

... at least the Creationists only have to explain the one instance.

Don't be coy. The MVP for a species isn't the same across every species. It can be higher for one organism and lower for another. One celled organisms would need a much lower MVP than a human would.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on Earth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

Not a bit of that paragraph makes any scientific sense. Please define "superior DNA" for instance. How can DNA be perfect?

I don't know about perfect, but We have a large amount of non functional DNA.

I imagine 'perfect' DNA to have a high epigenetic potential variability, no horizontally transferred sequences, longer and better protected Telomeres and no non-functional gene sequences. I imagine also that cell apoptosis would be more balanced in such an organism.

Everything for that particular organism to survive and reproduce maximally with no wastage.

We'll just find something else that can be improved with it. The thing is that there is never a point where something is created, built, grown, whathaveyou that can't be improved upon. DNA is no exception. You could perfect those things but then as our understanding of DNA increases there will be more imperfections we identify, and as those are corrected, yet more will be discovered.

I seriously believe that perfection is impossible in the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join