It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After the flood, what did the Carnivors eat???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

excellent!!!! you need a cookie !

Don't feel the animals please.... Oh wait he isn't one......Just kidding I love to read Augustus' posts most every time.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Wolfenz
excellent!!!! you need a cookie !

I would prefer a sin-filled magic apple. A talking snake said it's yummy.

Yep sounds like a solid plan..... I wonder if that snake was on 2 legs instead of 4 before being transformed?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a better question is for me is that the good book claims God created the universe, heaven and earth, and everything else in 7 days.
now we know that a day is a day because of the amount of time it takes the earth to make a full revolution about its axis relative to the sun. so were those 7 days god days or human days (somehow)

My question is how do you get complex DNA from nothing?

By starting with an immaculate conception of Adam.....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Yep sounds like a solid plan..... I wonder if that snake was on 2 legs instead of 4 before being transformed?

I think it was two because it was a magic angel before it was a magic snake.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UB2120
a reply to: intrptr

LIFE does not originate spontaneously. Life is constructed according to plans formulated by the (unrevealed) Architects of Being and appears on the inhabited planets either by direct importation or as a result of the operations of the Life Carriers of the local universes. These carriers of life are among the most interesting and versatile of the diverse family of universe Sons. They are intrusted with designing and carrying creature life to the planetary spheres. And after planting this life on such new worlds, they remain there for long periods to foster its development.

I agree. But still does not explain how life is conveyed here, how it actually arrives.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

All you have done is shifted the creators, who you have no, absolutely no validation of their heritage for source.

And your "source" is...?

I thought Humans were made in the Gods (plural ) image?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on Earth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

Not a bit of that paragraph makes any scientific sense. Please define "superior DNA" for instance. How can DNA be perfect?

True but faith does require thinking outside the box... i agree with you that with my scientific interest it is hard to reconcile. My Professors at a public University taught me that the more we knew collectively, the more they believed there had to be a God. I kinda agreed then and still do now.

ETA

The Nephalim story of fallen angels fits as historic character of Mythology were the fallen angel children such as Hercules and Cassiopeia. The DNA from the Adam would have to be perfect to work and that is my contention, Adam was perfect DNA for the Earth.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: bulwarkz
Heh, did i mention the worship of the cult of authority. You have great faith, go and sink no more.
I commend your great faith in your gods. So you say they are so smart they feed and cloth you?
In no time at all you will be borg

Nope you are just projecting lies and falsehoods. Humans are smarter than ever, and it's been proved. Denial of science is a very poor argument. It's pretty much all testable. But hey, believe what you want.

Certainly, we are much smarter. So that means, the PTB have to find ways to dull our senses and I think we all know of some of those in modern time. TV and movies with the news spinning lies in peoples head it is hard to get a good grip on facts that they are challenging with lies where they liars won't let the dissent have move say. THAT is why we might look stupid to some people.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

Yuk!!!

Creepy or not, repopulating the world from a base of two animals is biologically impossible.
Minimum viable population

Evolution begins with mutation/s occurring in a single organism.

It doesn't seem to matter what any minimum viable population is in that case, it keeps starting from below that number and, apparently, does so frequently and with regularity.

... at least the Creationists only have to explain the one instance.

edit on 12/1/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

There is a BIG leap between their hypothetically being some kind of creator to saying one of the earth 10,000 various religious sects is right about it..

When scientists concede that there could be a god, they are not referring to a god who directs our actions.. they are referring to a “fishbowl” god..

One who created the univese then has just sat back and watched..

We have found nothing resembling a force that actively effects the natural world.

There is just an unknown hole before the Big Bang that can be filled with anything..

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

What I find the most icy about this whole tale is the incest factor concerning both humans and animals alike.

That would mean that Noah’s family bred mother to son, brother to sister, uncle to niece , exc.. to create the human race..

Yuk!!!

Creepy or not, repopulating the world from a base of two animals is biologically impossible.

It doesn't seem to matter what any minimum viable population is in that case, it keeps starting from below that number and, apparently, does so frequently and with regularity.

... at least the Creationists only have to explain the one instance.

True about only needing to explain Adam. In my DNA course of Sophomore Biology, it was stated that one photon of UV light could alter a DNA strand.

ETA

I did not do well in the class because i wasn't into probabilities then.My experiments in lab using the fruit fly (drosophlia melengata) did real well or I might have made a really bad grade.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on Earth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

Not a bit of that paragraph makes any scientific sense. Please define "superior DNA" for instance. How can DNA be perfect?

I don't know about perfect, but We have a large amount of non functional DNA.

I imagine 'perfect' DNA to have a high epigenetic potential variability, no horizontally transferred sequences, longer and better protected Telomeres and no non-functional gene sequences. I imagine also that cell apoptosis would be more balanced in such an organism.

Everything for that particular organism to survive and reproduce maximally with no wastage.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on

And I thinkEarth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

I imagine 'perfect' DNA to have a high epigenetic potential variability, no horizontally transferred sequences, longer and better protected Telomeres and no non-functional gene sequences. I imagine also that cell apoptosis would be more balanced in such an organism.

Everything for that particular organism to survive and reproduce maximally with no wastage.

I think the so called Junk DNA does have a purpose, we just don't know yet.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This does:

Life Carriers: www.urantia.org...

Life Establishment on our planet: www.urantia.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yuk!!!

Yet isn't that the premise of stupid evolution

Nope. Stupid or otherwise, evolution has nothing to do with MVP outside of it defining genetic drift.

Post flood biological viability has nothing to do with MVP outside of it defining genetic drift.

abiogenesis from space dust and space,water and poof, life, evidently two of

... everything that reproduces sexually (fixed it for ya).

And everything from that simple unbelievable spark

Abiogenesis says nothing about how many proto-proteins developed in whatever goo spawned life, but it reasons that if a puddle of goo was responsible for jumpstarting life then that goo would have developed enough organisms to sustain MVP for whatever appeared there.

I thought evolution assumes that the phylogenetic tree represents a valid model for single ancestor proto-organism for all life?

Your comment seems to be assuming parallel concurrent generation of a population which sounds like 'magic' to me.

Not to mention, the MVP for single celled organisms (and even less evolved organisms than that) is much lower than that for an organism that requires two genders to breed. When something can breed just by splitting itself in half it's likely that the MVP for that organism is 1.

Population in biology means: "A community of animals, plants, or humans among whose members interbreeding occurs". It is invalid to speak of 'a population of a single organism' or to apply a population based measure like MVP to a single organism.

You really need to apply some thought before commenting ks

You really need to stop pretending you understand science before talking.

I see nothing in the posts of either of you that shows a misunderstanding of science, just a dialogue of competing theories.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Not yuk, because it was the plan. Using perfect DNA that had no flaws would have been Adam, in theory. Over time the DNA would be altered, particularly when UV rays were strong after the "firmament" of clouds over the Earth ended when the flood happened. DNA was then subject to being altered by photons of UV rays hitting all the animals and people on

And I thinkEarth. So in today's time diversity is our strength but initially it was superior DNA is my understanding.

Yes I agree that much 'junk' DNA has undiscovered function. But also that the processes of genetic variation, which go far beyond just mutation, also must cause a lot of DNA sequences which have no valid function.

Consider viral horizontal transfer. Retroviruses operate by inserting sequences and altering transcription so as to reproduce. We know that as they also are genetic mechanisms based upon DNA, that they can snip off genes from one organism and insert those genes into another organism (We do the same in the lab with some of our genetic manipulation techniques).

So, I think that 'junk' and 'non-functional' appellations are over-simplifications.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are confusing a single mutation with speciation. You can't populate the earth with only 2 individuals. Evolution is about traits becoming dominant in a population. Not an individual experiencing one mutation and becoming a new species. If that happened the species would instantly go extinct because it will be unable to breed.
edit on 1 12 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it does have a purpose, it's just non coding, which is why it's called junk.

I posted a link but it was backed by creationist sources, so I deleted it. Sorry to waste your time.
edit on 1 12 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Forget the two years, what did they eat for the 40 days?
Or what did the others eat? You know how much hay two horses would eat in 40 days?

If you're an adult, and you believe the Noah story literally, probably need your head examined....
edit on 12-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'm sure the entire world wasn't flooded, just a region in central Europe.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join