It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen, Trump's attorney, files lawsuits against Fusion GPS, BuzzFeed over 'dossier'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The DNC should be ended.

What's happened for over a year now is unacceptable behavior.

Government agencies have been weaponized against the democratic process itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is a legitimate lawsuit. It comes under slander, because of who paid for the study for one. I do not consider this a legitimate document that should have triggered such a wide spread investigation. They found no collusion before yet they keep on looking, something is wrong, still no collusion by trump has been found or any charges made to any of his past staff for collusion. The ones charged were charged with personal misgivings and not telling the FBI the truth when asked. Both of these people were let go from the Trump Campaign for their actions when discovered.

Slander is not allowed in this country, but evidently a lot of people now do it so I guess it is becoming the norm. Wisdom is dying in our country, people do not understand that we need rules of society to keep chaos like we are experiencing from escalating and tearing our country apart. We do not have a great nation anymore, we barely have a nation. Everyone is bickering and insulting people, a country divided cannot stand. Russia is winning, our nation is falling apart, I actually think Europe wants that to happen, they think we will run to them. But in reality, Russia and China will take over the world.

We will not be there to protect Europe, it will crumble in a year if the Liberals keep up tearing apart our people.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I posted a reply before, it has since disappeared...

Journalists can be found liable for slander if they either knowingly published false information, or if they acted with "reckless disregard for the truth." One of the claims about Cohen was that he traveled to the Czech Republic to meet with Russian agents. Cohen insists he's never been to that country, and as far as I know no evidence to the contrary has ever been presented. If Steele/Fusion failed to perform even this basic level of fact-checking, that to me makes a strong argument that they showed reckless disregard for the truth. Also, the inclusion of salacious nonsense like the "peeing hookers" stuff arguably demonstrates that Steele/Fusion was more interested in scandal than in exposing any perceived wrongs.

I say Cohen has a strong case.

edit on 10-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I welcome the silliness of the left side. I hope they continue their false witch hunt. I always used to think in life there are winner's and looser's but the left has shown a new form of loosing that I never thought could go that far into the negative.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Precedence is on the side of Fusion GPS and BuzzFeed. When Mother Jones got sued for defamation over publishing a Fusion GPS report the judge threw the case out.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Still true though. Oh my... what will we do?

Lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

what will we do?

Continue to whine for the next 3 years bout Russia never admitting yall LOST in 2016.

And when 2020 finally rolls around yall will nominate a ex tv host Oprah as your next nominee for president.

Who better to run a fake political party that has a fake political platform, and all their little fake news outlets will have thrills up their legs.

Who will honor their little victory celebration by dressing in all black(like nazis use to).

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

And the academy award for best actor in a drama goes to.....

That's why Steele gave the FBI the full names of his sources.
This is gathered intelligence not court testimony.
He reported what the Russians told him. He relayed the intelligence he received from people who had witnessed it or could be trusted to know where the info came from.
He never swore to the content but he has said that he feels that most of it will be corroborated by the FBI and Muellers team. There will be a paper trail for the claims of money laundering and there will be evidence that trump was compromised and liable to blackmail by the Kremlin. And what we don't know is did Russia ever make any threats to trump.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Says in Fire and Fury that Trump didn't even know what a golden shower was.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

What a snowflake. The greatest witch hunt in American history? I guess things like the Salem Witch Trials or the Mccarthy Hearings don't exist in Trumpland.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

One of Trump's best friends, Vince McMahon, didn't know what a burrito was despite having one every day for lunch.
edit on 1/10/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

One of Trump's best friends, Vince McMahon, didn't know whay a burrito was despite having one every day for lunch.

Sounds made up.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The story was originally told by a former writer for the WWE named Dan Madigan. It has since been confirmed by a number of other writers who were present at the time.

Remember, this is the same man that didn't know people could be attracted to Asian women and tried to pitch an incest storyline when his daughter was pregnant with her first child.
edit on 1/10/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

And the academy award for best actor in a drama goes to.....

That's why Steele gave the FBI the full names of his sources.
This is gathered intelligence not court testimony.
He reported what the Russians told him. He relayed the intelligence he received from people who had witnessed it or could be trusted to know where the info came from.
He never swore to the content but he has said that he feels that most of it will be corroborated by the FBI and Muellers team. There will be a paper trail for the claims of money laundering and there will be evidence that trump was compromised and liable to blackmail by the Kremlin. And what we don't know is did Russia ever make any threats to trump.

Did you copy and paste that talking point or take the time to shuffle it around and adopt it as your own??

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Is this like the cease and desist order?
What exactly did he file and where?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

defamation suits.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Yeah that proves what? He lies.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

They're personal defamation cases he claims personal injury. Manafort filed a suit against Mueller claiming he was outside his scope of operation.
Anybody can file a suit as long as they pay the court. Doesn't mean anything until the case actually gets heard if it ever is.
Let me know when it's on the docket.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's for his own personal defamation not trumps. Who the # cares.

edit on 1102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join