It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Cohen, Trump's attorney, files lawsuits against Fusion GPS, BuzzFeed over 'dossier'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
SIC EM' MIKE

twitter.com...

Russia dossier: Trump lawyer sues BuzzFeed for publishing document

Donald Trump’s personal lawyer is suing news website BuzzFeed almost exactly a year after it published an explosive dossier containing serious and salacious allegations about collusion with Russia.

Michael Cohen posted on Twitter on Tuesday night: “Enough is enough of the #fake #RussianDossier. Just filed a defamation action against @BuzzFeedNews for publishing the lie filled document on @POTUS @realDonaldTrump and me!”

www.theguardian.com...

A reminder on how buzzfakes other lawsuit is going

“We have redacted Mr. Gubarev's name from the published dossier, and apologize for including it,” BuzzFeed PR rep Matt Mittenthal said in a statement.

Update: Val Gurvits, an attorney with Boston Law Group who filed the defamation complaint on behalf of Gubarev and his companies, said BuzzFeed’s apology and redaction wouldn’t affect his clients’ suit. “The financial damages my clients have suffered are extensive,” he wrote in an email.

www.recode.net...

Now they realize why no other organization would publish it.

The sad thing is liberals still think this is a legitimate intelligence document.

Libs keep thinking this will "finally be the end of Trump!" LOL! They are so very deluded!

Remember.

Trump told Comey to investigate the claims, but he wouldn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Good!

There needs to be a consequence for the dirty ‘Chicago’ style politics. Hopefully these people will learn an expensive lesson.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Where's the lawsuit about Hillary's Paid Riot Squads they bussed around and unleashed on the rally events all 2016?

Just organized rioting one rally is felony in half the states. Trucking them over states lines as a professional campaign??

People got hurt. One of the ugliest things in our election history. Ever.

Scott free?

Organized / paid for by a foreigner to boot.

This Russia BS was in part a massive diversion from that if anything.

The timing was telling as Trump already mentioned a lawsuit before the election day. Then immediately after the MSM Hillary etc went full court press on RUSSIA ZOMG FAKE NEWS HACK ELECTION RED DEVILS UNDER YOUR BED RACISTS.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The sad thing is liberals still think this is a legitimate intelligence document.

That they do.

A private 'intelligence' company created by a journalist that hired a foreign ex spy.

Political mercenary.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Like I said in the last thread you made on this topic, I don't really see a case that can be made in either instance.

Unless it can be shown that FusionGPS made up stories with the sole intention of taking down the Trump campaign, they were simply doing the job they were hired to do. The compiled a report full of claims based on what they were told by sources they thought were reliable.

BuzzFeed on the other hand was printing a news story. This isn't like the Hulk Hogan/Gawker case where illegally obtained personal property was used to ruin a person's reputation.

If BuzzFeed is guilty then doesn't that mean any outlet that published stories about Pizzagate or that anyone that pushed the birther claims, which includes Trump, are guilty of similar crimes?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The compiled a report full of claims based on what they were told by sources they thought were reliable.

Text book definition of hearsay.

During an American election.

It's not even close to being an intelligence assessment.

The only thing it was a political hit piece to effect the outcome of an election.

A year after. It's being used as nothing more than a means to overthrow a democratically elected president.

Forget Al Qaeda.

Forget ISIS.

Forget Russia.

Forget CLimate change.

Forget evil corporations.

Forget evil banks.

Forget the evil rich.

The party of the donkey is the greatest threat we as Americans face.

Power at any cost.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Doesn't the intelligence community the world over use similar "hearsay" to guide their policy? These were apparently sources that Steele had used in the past and steered him right.

And let's not forget that FusionGPS were told by the FBI that some of the information in the dossier was corroborated by information they had uncovered. So not only did FusionGPS have no reason to doubt Steele's sources they had every reason to trust that what they were being told was legitimate.

They did the job they were hired to do. Then they did their due diligence and attempted to corroborate what they were being told.

So what law did they break?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Doesn't the intelligence community the world over use similar "hearsay" to guide their policy?

People cherry pick intelligence assessments.

Like snipping bout the Iraq war and weapons of mass destruction.

Now suddenly American intelligence is credible again.

Oh but wait.

Fusion GPS isn't an intelligence agency.

It's a three ring circus started by an journalist.

edit on 10-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

started by an journalist.

And? Investigative journalists aren't that different from intelligence agents. They both primarily rely on trusted sources to get their story.

And to anyone that thinks BuzzFeed are going to go down over this, look at what happened the last time a media outlet was sued for defamation over publishing a Fusion GPS report. It was dismissed by the judge.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The lawyer is suing, and not Trump. Nice move, there.

LOL

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And? Investigative journalists aren't that different from intelligence agents.

Seriously ?

Entirely different leagues.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

started by an journalist.

And? Investigative journalists aren't that different from intelligence agents. They both primarily rely on trusted sources to get their story.

Oh, not that different at all.

LMAO

Terrible position to take. Shoulda thought further before replying.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Who took Nixon down? The intelligence community or a couple of journalists?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The lawyer is suing, and not Trump. Nice move, there.

LOL
Yea, I actually at first glance took the story to mean Trump was suing, wasn't until I read the article it clicked, this is Cohen filing suit on behalf of himself.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm telling you, seeing the demise of a major political party in my lifetime is a rare opportunity to experience, it encompasses ideology and social theoretical frameworks.

Fake dossier, new fake book and most important of all, fake news. No platform to speak from, no message to its base, no focus, nothing, zip, nada.

Meanwhile, the Trump train has been speeding along, plowing through shady and engineered scandles and fake news, making things happen and continueing to provide that message, MAGA.

Best part? engaging with like minded and critically thinking ATS members who support our President, with sound logic and those who abroad internationally as well for seeing what we have to deal with from the leftist.

Time to heal and lick our wounds.

Excellent thread and topivc, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, time for action.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Arnie123 because: Added more.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm telling you, seeing the demise of a major political party in my lifetime is a rare opportunity to experience, it encompasses ideology and social theoretical frameworks.

Fake dossier, new fake book and most important of all, fake news. No platform to speak from, no message to its base, no focus, nothing, zip, nada.

Meanwhile, the Trump train has been speeding along, plowing through shady and engineered scandles and fake news, making things happen and continueing to provide that message, MAGA.

Best part? engaging with like minded and critically thinking ATS members who support our President, with sound logic and those who abroad internationally as well for seeing what we have to deal with from the leftist.

Time to heal and lick our wounds.

You saw the GOP almost die. Were the DNC not so weak themselves, they could have ended the GOP.

In some views, the GOP did die, and was revived. The Neocons killed it, the TEA party revived it. Depends on your view, i guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Who took Nixon down? The intelligence community or a couple of journalists?

Why wasn't that guy taken down on the right ?

Because of selective journalism.

Because THAT guy illegally spied on a political candidate.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting take, I hadn't considered that, especially the TEA party, I remember when that blew to huge proportions for a bit there.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Interesting take, I hadn't considered that, especially the TEA party, I remember when that blew to huge proportions for a bit there.

My take: they just moved right after infiltrating the TEA party. Some of the characters moved on, many just turned their coats and kept on trucking.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Trump is not gop so yes in some fashion the gop has died.
If the dems do not detach from "russia" they will suffer the same fate as the gop.
Everyday americans have long tired of washingtons corruption; being shown the fbi and doj under obamas watch attempted to undermine the vote for potus will end the dnc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join