It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Nuts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
blah, guns are wank, real men fight with fists.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
blah, guns are wank, real men fight with fists.

I agree with you 100%, settle your disputes with your fists, but DEFEND your home and family with a GUN!

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well in the UK we are at the mercy of the Government, but outlawing guns do reduce gun crime, in the UK each year there is around 60 gun related crimes compared with New York where number is nearer to 10,000!

New York has some of the MOST restrictive gun laws in the country. I would love to see the statistics on how many of these supposed 10,000 gun crimes were perpetrated by legal gun owners. My bet would be less than 1%. If more eligible* citizens were armed I think you would see an overall decrease in gun crime.

* meaning Not convicted of a felony or violent crime, non drug addict or psychopath

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

Well in the UK we are at the mercy of the Government, but outlawing guns do reduce gun crime, in the UK each year there is around 60 gun related crimes compared with New York where number is nearer to 10,000!

New York has some of the MOST restrictive gun laws in the country. I would love to see the statistics on how many of these supposed 10,000 gun crimes were perpetrated by legal gun owners. My bet would be less than 1%. If more eligible* citizens were armed I think you would see an overall decrease in gun crime.

* meaning Not convicted of a felony or violent crime, non drug addict or psychopath

On this subject I would refer you to the unassuming city of Kennesaw Georgia. Kennesaw has the distinction of having a city ordinance requiring that all Heads of Household maintain a firearm and ammunition in each house.

Kennesaw has not had a violent crime in so long that local law enforcement cannot document the last violent crime arrest.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So you guys think that just because everyone can own a gun youre safe from your government ever trying to enslave you? I wonder how gun owner will match up against government troops.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraShogun
So you guys think that just because everyone can own a gun youre safe from your government ever trying to enslave you? I wonder how gun owner will match up against government troops.

Americas population is currently around 300 million... of those, approximately 170 million are gun owners. I am not sure of the exact size of the US military at the moment, but I seem to remember the number 3 million being about right.

If the government were to suddenly abandon the constitution and suspend all personal rights, they would be facing the largest standing army on the planet.

That doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Ash

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

If I am to understand him correctly I would think his point was that the lack of guns in his country directly relates to the lack of violent crimes with a gun. I don't believe he was saying the crimes in NY were due to gun owners.

On the other hand I believe that as an american we have the right to own guns, directly from the constitution. I myself do not own a gun, but have in the past. I fully support the rights of all citizens that qualify to carry a weapon. I only wish more states adopted more suitable concealed and unconcealed carry laws.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Yours truly believe that many of the anti-gun sentiments comes from certain liberals who have advocate the concept that you cannot be intellectual if: 1) you believe in the private ownership in guns, 2) you believe in God and are a Christian, 3) you believe in the rights of property, 4) you believe that people are better off running their own lives than relying on government agencies to do it for them, 5) you believe that the rights of people should transcend the rights of animals, 6) you believe that people should bear the responsiblity of their own actions. The point is that no matter how logical the argument for private ownership of firearms, these people will always adapt an anti-gun sentiment based on fear. Not on fear that they may be assualted by some citizen with a gun, but on the fear that they will no longer be considered "intellectual" by their liberal associates. The same attitude can be ascribe to belief in God, it is just not "intellectual" to believe in God (according to the "intellectual elite").

I really loved the qoute from Gandhi at the linked site - the number one pacisfist of the 20th century.

Here is a nice qoute from Elmer Keith, who was a author and wrote quite a few books on firearms. (Keith was responding to someone who asked, "Do you really need a gun?").
"I rather have a gun and not need it, then need a gun and not have one" - Elmer Keith

Here is a qoute to pi** off your anti-gun friends.
"My gun has killed fewer people than Ted Kennedy's car". There is a bumper sticker with this qoute on it and it should be placed on the bumper of every gun owner's car.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join