It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rare Look At President Trumps Style of Hosting and Leading Negotiations.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am so glad that I watched that session too! I appreciate the transparency. It was obvious that everyone in that room knew the media was recording, I had respect for all that there was no grandstanding. It was good to see them all together really discussing the issues from both sides of the aisle.

This is the President I was hoping for. One who can be more open and center of the aisle. Not only does this video show Trump in a good light, but it does show our legislative reps in a much better light too!

I really hope this is a start to making creating a more united America. I was disappointed when it ended. I really did want to hear more negotiating. I hope this transparency continues.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Who donna see the scripted charade glaring here? 54 more minutes talk about immigration. You know how to tell they don't plan to do anything about an issue? They get together on the News and in the white house and in front of cameras in 'Press' conferences, from both sides of the isle and they talk, talk and talk.

But nothing gets done...

When its a new super dreadnought aircraft carrier they need money for, you won't even hear about it.

Bang! Zoom.... check signed.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: carewemust

I don't care what they said I'm interested in what you believe ...

Shouldn't your main concern be what YOU believe? I find it interesting to see what they talked about and how they operate regardless.

edit on 10-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When its a new super dreadnought aircraft carrier they need money for, you won't even hear about it.

But I wanted an ultra super mega dreadnought battleship aircraft carrier destroyer.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: intrptr

But I wanted an ultra super mega dreadnought battleship aircraft carrier destroyer.

Sorry, all you get main scream is more wailing at the Wall...

The Ultra Secret death star fleets (all tharee of them) are in the Eastern Pacific right now, containing China and the Rooskies...

image search result

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump knew the cameras were recording and knew that the MSM would broadcast it, he's most likely the one who made the decision (if you actually believe he's not another establishment puppet that is). He is grandstanding by definition, looking for praise by airing it out to the world.

He is playing the part he auditioned for, the showboat billionaire who has to be the center of attention with everything, the giant distraction and elephant in the room. While Trump stands on stage begging for and getting all the attention, the ones behind the scenes are directing the play and his antics.

These two paragraphs are at odd with each other.

He's playing a part for others. He masterminded this whole thing. Which is it? All I see is Trump living rent free in your mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
How to negotiate made simple.....

Warning : language.

edit on 1/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

Bruce Willis negotiating in the movie "The Fifth Element"
edit on 1/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Utterly staged to contradict the 100 stories of him being a petulant child.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Utterly staged to contradict the 100 stories of him being a petulant child.

I've seen paid shills on other forums saying the same thing. Who is really doing the staging here I wonder..

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hold on, did you just call someone out for believing things only when it suits their needs/biases, and then follow up immediately after that claim with an unsubstantiated claim about Trump that conforms to your needs/biases?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
he agreed with everything - hilarious!

republicans had to remind him more than once what his own goals were - hilarious.

that was 100% filmed to show he's not losing it - hilarious.
edit on 10-1-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

To put an end to the left posters comments, all one has to acknowledge is that even the Democrats that attended this having nothing similar to say about it. Nothing!

If they aren't howling like wounded banshees, one can ignore the left posters....FULLY.

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If nothing else--even if this is "grandstanding" for the camera, or "scripted reality TV"--one thing is for certain: Trump has all of his mental faculties in tact.

"Our system right now, the way it's set up, will never bring people together." -- Pres. Donald Trump

He's right. I may not agree with his talk about bringing back earmarks, but I agree that there must be something done intelligently to allow the two sides to come together.

In a perfect government, we'd have two sides who could look past their greed and ideology and see the logic contained (or not) in proposed bills and vote simply on the merits as to their constitutionality and necessity for governing a nation that has the 10th Amendment enshrined within its constitution. But we don't have that, and people are fallible and emotional, and so SOMETHING must be done to stop every bill from being a partisan vote every time, even though a thinking person knows that the majority of congressfolks agree with the major parts of the bill, but just don't want to piss off the extremists in their base.

Earmarks, as bad for the wallet and process of running a nation as they are, might be a way to bring back some of that bipartisanship because it can give some people a way to explain why their yes vote occurred--but it must be severely limited in its scope if it is to happen.

At least he's considering ideas and understands that at least partial unity is a main goal for which to strive.

And he comes across as actually a pretty good leader, here.

It's like I always say, I don't necessarily like his public persona, but I don't think that's who he truly is behind the scenes. If this video is accurate, it reinforces my opinion.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Basically, Trump was reasoned, acted as a leader, and people still hate him.

I sure wish Trump would just come out as being for breathing so leftists would stop!

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

he agreed with everything - hilarious!

No he didn't.

republicans had to remind him more than once what his own goals were - hilarious.

No, they seemed to have to clarify something to ensure that he fully understood what people like Sen. Feinstein were meaning with things like "a clean DACA bill," where his definition of that differed from hers.

that was 100% filmed to show he's not losing it - hilarious.

Even if so, it made its point quite well.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

in my opinion he looked confused and overwhelmed.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

okay.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Anti Trump networks not his allies are saying it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Basically, Trump was reasoned, acted as a leader, and people still hate him.

I sure wish Trump would just come out as being for breathing so leftists would stop!

Wolf Blitzer must clearly be Trump shill.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
He's crazy, he's dumb....oh wait, he's calm, collected, well spoken. Where do we go from here?

He was reading too !

Who knew the President could read?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join