It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rare Look At President Trumps Style of Hosting and Leading Negotiations.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Tuesday 1.9.2018

In an unprecedented move, the White House allowed the media to attend/film the majority of a Bi-Partisan meeting between President Trump and members of Congress today. Those who meet with the President often, describe his style as a combination of Board Chairman/Deal Maker/Mediator.

In the video of today's meeting, it's obvious that President Trump wants what is best for the citizens of America. He even told attendees that he'd agree to the resurrection of "Earmarks" (aka "Pork Barrel" favors), if that's what it takes to get more accomplished. (House Speaker John Boehner did away with Earmarks in 2011)

BTW...None of the attendees knew that this important Immigration-related meeting was going to be recorded and broadcast by the MSM. That's why there's very little grandstanding. Just a rare look at how President Trump oversees, and interacts, during the meetings that he hosts.

LATE UPDATE: Much of the meeting was about the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program that was put in place by President Obama. Without a Congressional "fix", President Trump said DACA would end on 3.31.2018. But a Federal Judge in San Francisco ruled tonight that the DACA program can continue indefinitely.
SOURCE: www.foxnews.com...

The way I see it, Trump/Congress now have one less immigration-reform decision to negotiate.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/10/2018 by carewemust because: youtube is weird

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Before I watch this I have a question.

Do you really believe that these attendees were not aware this was being recorded and that it would be played on the MSM ?

edit on 10-1-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Before I watch this I have a question.

Do you really believe that these attendees were not aware this was being recorded and that it would be played on the MSM ?

That is what the MSM reporters who attended said. They thought they were invited to film just the intro, as they often are. But then were invited to stay 10 minutes, if they wanted to. Turns out, no one asked them to leave until it was almost over.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I don't care what they said I'm interested in what you believe ...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I believe what credible people say, unless they prove to be non-credible. Benefit of the doubt.

For instance, here is Wolf Blister's reaction to Tuesday's meeting..

CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer heaped praise on President Trump and his administration for opening up an immigration reform meeting with lawmakers to the press Tuesday.

Blitzer, speaking with his colleague Jim Acosta, conceded he had to give Trump "a lot of credit" for allowing press cameras to cover a nearly hourlong discussion during a "really remarkable meeting" with Republicans and Democrats.
Source w/clip: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I loved watching the session. It was fun to see them actually trying to decide how to move forward with DACA and the wall.

I liked that Trump at times pissed off both sides of the aisle. I think it is important that he work with Republicans and Democrats to get things done.

I agree with Trump that it is foolish to move forward with DACA without fixing existing problems with immigration. I think the wall will be helpful and will put a lot of Americans (including American immigrants) to work on a vital infrastructure project.

There is ZERO chance that Obama or Hillary would have allowed a taping of something like that unscripted. I like that Trump is trying new things.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Spot-on analysis Metallicus. While there were boring moments, you get those in most meetings. This was reality-TV from a former Reality-TV producer/star.

At one point President Trump said that he was willing to "take the heat" from extreme right and left wingers, if it meant getting a deal that was best for the majority of America. That was pure leadership on display from a man that can't be "bought", like your typical politician.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   
All those years of experience on TV, that boy sure can act like he can read.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I believe what credible people say, unless they prove to be non-credible. Benefit of the doubt.

The media being credible? Bahaha! I wonder what made you have such a sudden change of heart about them?

CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer heaped praise on President Trump and his administration

Oh ok, I see now, that's why. They're only "credible" when it suits your needs/biases.

By the way, Trump is most definitely "grandstanding" by the fact that he most certainly ordered this meeting (play) to be recorded and released to the press. Mr. reality TV doing what he does best, acting for the masses. He's playing his part well.
edit on 1/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Just so I understand, once you have an issue with someone, you MUST be 100% against them forever? I just need to know the new rules here. Like how you will never, ever, ever be positive over anything Trump does. Ever. Even if he does something good for you and your beliefs.....is that about right?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
He's crazy, he's dumb....oh wait, he's calm, collected, well spoken. Where do we go from here?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Why would this in any way be relevant to the topic?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You mean he played the part of sane and effective mediator who could read perfectly well?

That was the whole point of this video....a rebuttal by the white house if recent opposition ad homs. It appeared rather effective in that regard.

But what you didnt see was tv personality Donald Trump.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

A day ago the OP would have been arguing with someone who called CNN or Wolf Blitzer "credible" saying that they're buying into fake news and an unreliable (not credible) source.

It's about consistency. You can't automatically call someone credible when you've been harping on about them being fake news for over a year now. Credibility is a term used to describe someones overall trustworthiness as a whole, it's not a term used to describe a liar who tells the truth once every blue moon. It seems that the OP's metric for credibility depends on whether someone praises Trump or not. It's dishonest and biased.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump knew the cameras were recording and knew that the MSM would broadcast it, he's most likely the one who made the decision (if you actually believe he's not another establishment puppet that is). He is grandstanding by definition, looking for praise by airing it out to the world.

He is playing the part he auditioned for, the showboat billionaire who has to be the center of attention with everything, the giant distraction and elephant in the room. While Trump stands on stage begging for and getting all the attention, the ones behind the scenes are directing the play and his antics.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Your cynicism aside, if he were mentally ill, deranged, or illiterate he would not have been able to do what we just saw.

You are letting your opinion of him blind you here and are missing the point

ETA: his behavior looked mostly natural. I dont think hes nearly the actor you give him credit for. And again...it would disprove that hes an idiot.
edit on 1/10/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think Trump is mentally ill, I just think he's yet another puppet that embodies everything about the establishment. His anti-establishment facade comes courtesy of the media attacking him constantly.

Those in power knew that their control over government was being sniffed out by the masses thanks to the growth of the internet and social media so they co-opted this anti-establishment "revolution" and diverted it behind Trump and his media-tailored anti-establishment "suit". People think they're part of some revolution by backing Trump but in reality he is establishment through and through. They've adapted their strategy to account for the recent rise in awareness of the corruption within government. Trump is their man, he fits their needs perfectly.

Same puppet, different wig.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Maybe do an OP that reflects how his policies / the policies he's rubbed against are all establishment / globalist (sellout America to the highest bidder) agenda. I can think of several things that were a poke in the eye of all that (TPP, Global WARMongering, etc) where beyond obligatory Republican big business stuff (which the Dem's ARE all that too) -and the apparent Neocon posturing regarding NK / Iran- I dont see why so much hair on fire unless that is one is obsessed with Identity Politics.

He's at least an improvement over if we had Hillary / Jeb dontcha think?

Trump = Pure Status Quo?

Doesnt mean we should kid ourselves EXPECTING he's our savior, he should be made to be kept honest especailly by his own supporters like any other leader / ruler. But damn some of the nitpicking and badgering is just out of control over the top and only divides everyone / keeps everyone on edge and from getting around to issues that actually matter.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That was the type of thing we were told to expect from the last "transparent" administration.
Nice change of pace.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I don't dispute him being a puppet.

Im speaking to the video in the OP, and what it means.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join