It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the Little Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It is my experience that when humans pay attention to one another's feelings - and properly recognize and understand why a person feels the way they do - that true resolutions to problems can be found.

But what are the little things? Are you aware, for instance, that your feelings states always communicate - or judge - so that other people come to experience with reference to the implicit meaning of your expressed action? What do you think about that?

I could write an entire book on how everything we do has consequences like this. When I am "embodied" and "being me", I can sometimes let my affect go without recognizing that the narrative (i.e. language) which emerges from that affective arousal will modify the truthfulness of the representation.

Think about this: whenever you are feeling irritable, there is a tacit quality of you being unjust to the others around you. Your feelings and the preoccupation of your attention leads to values and judgements that cause other mind-brains to perk up to the significance of your body language. We absorb when we focus, and i'm pretty sure that most people reading this thread have had the experience of speaking in a conversation with an interlocutor who is constantly making you uncomfortable and insecure by their body-language. They do not take account of the other in their acting, and so, more or less forgo concern for the facts of interpersonal provocation.

Abraham Maslow famously wrote that the human being can function in two essential ways: deficiency cognition, and being cognition, with the former being motivated by feelings of deficiency, whereas the latter focused on feelings of being i.e. the now. The person who doesn't take account of the other more or less doesn't take account of the presencing of the other. A being cognition is fundamentally one that is cognizant and interested in context and ecology. Getting angry doesn't make sense for the simple reason that people aren't completely at fault for their problems. Since development is an hierachical process which conditions the meanings of our body before we orient linguistically to construct a world-view, a trauamtic early-life experience as well as a context that stokes rewards necessarily will act to scaffold ways-of-being that that we consider wrong. Even if the conspirators "know this", as they most certainly do, there is still a lacadaisical craziness as to the consequences they will face. It is confusion that underlies evil; it is the enigma of shadowy apparitions which needs to be guarded against and recognized for the illusion that it is.

Bad thinking begins from a mind that essentializes its feelings so that a picture of reality emerges from the uncriticized feelings. The harm done to the self does'nt harken back to an awareness that acknowledges why its wrong to do this to others. It is so logical and obvious, yet a religion has emerged from thinking the exact opposite: instead of the obvious systematic facts of experience and reality being recognized, it is looked up with disdain and hatred and contempt that cannot be properly registered in words: see the holocaust for an example of how much people who engage in bad-things will do to people they exaggerate as the incarnation of an "evil God". Without ritual abuse - as some families are said to engage in - reality and the beings and being we have within it wouldn't be felt as rottenly as it can apparently feel to some people.

The themes of my threads are typically about this - but only because political reality has turned a direction which forces any thinking person to ask - how can this be happening?

It's happening because Satanism and the practices, behaviors and ways-of-being it implies is real; and yet, the Universe created this spirit by inducing situations which made these actions desirable. People like this could - and perhaps, should, feel a hatred, given what unethical actions does to the mind-brains sense of connection with reality - it can seem completely unfair to be brought into such a relation - into a hatred of reality - because as a baby and onwards you ritually abused, and so, made structurally unable, to care in a way that society requires.

Would you seek to demonize the virus or bacteria which negatively affect our bodies? We understand these diseases for what they are: opportunistic parasites that seek to live at the expense of evolved organisms. So, similarly, you do not hate the person but the action, we say; but how bout, hate the spirit which compels the action and the social situation which compels the emergence of the spirit; but the person, the human being on the inside, is sick, and is being parasitized in ways that, if you could see their soul, would provoke real empathy and compassion for what they are dealing with.

Love Needs Comprehension

In order to feel a sense of care, you have to understand; this means that in order to care about others, you must care to understand others; and so, in order to understand others, you need to care to learn about how humans work.

Comprehension is a "taking in" of a coherent set and series of facts so that a situation can be resolved by virtue of your acceptance of your limits and the realities limits. Unethical action degenerates our functioning, and in so doing, impresses upon the mind the unity of reality: in order for an individual self to feel enlivened, it needs to care for the other. This means inhibiting yourself when something you feel represents a state-of-affairs that will negatively provoke others; this is what the "little stuff".

When the Dalai Lama enters a room, he takes special notice of those who seem uncomfortable or excluded. Why do this unless you have a radical sense of the equality of human beings? How many of you would do that? Evidently, it requires a degree of awareness that requires much - and for the Dalai Lama, lovable man that he is, he readily admits to the role of 8 hours of sleep, eating 3 meals a day, and daily meditation, to his being able to be as loving as he wants to be.

Its' the little things that bug us and build up over time into agitated interactions. Its the "hardly noticing' the significance of something; and then again 'hardly noticing' the fact that communicating your feelings might prove helpful to resolving and transforming your feelings and your relations with others.

Never feel shame for communicating the truth of a feeling; but at the same time, the truth of the feeling describes a state of affairs which the self should realize its power to influence, so long as it knows what it is good for its life and happiness, and what is bad for it.

edit on 9-1-2018 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Autist here.

Edit to add: Being aware of the vibes that you can give off to others and being more mindful of others' feelings is a difficult task if your brain is wired differently. I'm a very literal person; "yes" means "yes" and "stop" means "stop" and I can't surmise hidden meanings or read between the lines. The things you talk about in your OP remind me of how much people take the ability to understand the nuances of body language for granted.

You wrote about being your "authentic self" and it's funny, it wasn't until recently that I realised that my personality varies greatly and is tailored to suit whomever I'm with. For some friends that meant being the comedian, for my older friends it meant being the intellectual. For boyfriends it means being anything from the down-to-Earth country girl, to the feminine princess to kind listener. And none of it was faked, it was just determining what the guy wanted in a dream girl and becoming it. It was different parts of my personality compartmentalised and presented. Upon the realisation of this it left me thinking "well who the # am I?"

Sorry to crap on about it

Interesting read

edit on 9-1-2018 by Kalixi because: added

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

It means you're doing good.

S n F for the OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte
Wow dude, wow there, hold your horses, your kind of all over the place. So question marks I shall look for and try to answer.

But what are the little things? Are you aware, for instance, that your feelings states always communicate - or judge - so that other people come to experience with reference to the implicit meaning of your expressed action? What do you think about that? Text

On a day to day basis I have no time to think about that, and most people would like be in the same situation. That is to say, maybe were not given off signals simply because were not giving off signals. And all communications be it words, or body language, or even action, is interpreted after being received. And sometimes it is not interpreted at all, it is merely left in the "wait basket" for latter.

I think if you really want to say something you should, and you should never look to interpret supposed signals because they may not exist.

Bad thinking begins from a mind that essentializes its feelings so that a picture of reality emerges from the uncriticized feelings. The harm done to the self does'nt harken back to an awareness that acknowledges why its wrong to do this to others.

You realize that this is your opinion that you have formulated based on signals that you defragmented and interest, signals which may just not have been there. Also bad thinking is a vague interpretation of a feeling you have, the world and yes the human world even the world of interaction between people sometimes does not revolve around feeling. While your thinking somebody is surly to you in a conversation, it could just be that he is thinking how to dig out and remove or fix a leak in the septic tank.

And so merely just not fully paying attention, and while your thinking high ideals he may just be thinking on how not to get knee deep and covered in #, like a bad taste in his mouth, and also what type of knee high boots he should look for and at which store. Again. Assumption is presumption is seeing things which are not there.

see the holocaust for an example of how much people who engage in bad-things will do to people they exaggerate as the incarnation of an "evil God". Without ritual abuse - as some families are said to engage in - reality and the beings and being we have within it wouldn't be felt as rottenly as it can apparently feel to some people.

Why stop there? Why not think back to when Genghis Khan had a whole cite put to the sword and torch for slighting his messenger? Or you can go back even further some few thousands of years to when sabertooth tigers thought of peoples as tasty treats? Or how about why we eat meat? Or how about this, why is it that when there is a protein deficiency it has shown that people will turn to cannibalism, it doesn't have to even be bad, certain tribes on certain Islands before the coming of the evil Europeans just may have been cannibals simply because on there island which they were stuck on there was a lack of game, and a lack of protein rich foods, the body being a protein machine, well, figured out a way to circumvent that, and such trivial matters as social customs, by creating new social customs.

Nature does not distinguish between good or evil, only people do. And that only recently, it is a concept only but a few thousand years old, some years before the ancient Egyptians it may have been devised, and all on a world millions of years old. You do the math? The holocaust and all those deaths in WW2 were bad, now we know, but now we also have the privilege to contemplate on it. So contemplate on that.

Would you seek to demonize the virus or bacteria which negatively affect our bodies? We understand these diseases for what they are: opportunistic parasites that seek to live at the expense of evolved organisms.

You do realize that a good part of our DNA itself is ancient viruses that either opted to cohabit or intruded and stuck itself onto another organism becoming part of that organism. I think scientist think that around 8% of our DNA is or was viruses. Same goes for bacteria, only in a much greater number. In time, even the things that kill you may help you life, and also vice versa the things that once helped you life, may kill you. Life and nature is funny like that.

So, similarly, you do not hate the person but the action, we say; but how bout, hate the spirit which compels the action and the social situation which compels the emergence of the spirit; but the person, the human being on the inside, is sick, and is being parasitized in ways that, if you could see their soul, would provoke real empathy and compassion for what they are dealing with.

Or instead of going all holistic on it, You could just say that walking talking meat person made of bacteria and what not is being egregiously irrational. Like our single celled ancestors made peace with there viruses, you all also need to make peace with your demons. Or at the very least keep all the humdrup down to a minimum. Maybe the soul is not fully formed, but a vague concept recently created, some 3 minutes ago, but the gut still knows which way to go or not go. And the nose knows.

Its' the little things that bug us and build up over time into agitated interactions. Its the "hardly noticing' the significance of something; and then again 'hardly noticing' the fact that communicating your feelings might prove helpful to resolving and transforming your feelings and your relations with others. Never feel shame for communicating the truth of a feeling; but at the same time, the truth of the feeling describes a state of affairs which the self should realize its power to influence, so long as it knows what it is good for its life and happiness, and what is bad for it.

Well that's interesting. But isn't that saying the same thing as me or others only using different words and ways and expressions. Maybe its all just a misunderstanding due to word placement, and sentence structure. May not even be a language barrier, but a word interpretation barrier. Your potato is my potato, while my tomato is your tomato. Or maybe some things can only be expressed in certain conditions and only using certain tools.

And so just as sarcasm does not come across to well in the printed word, so to does the above can only be heard not read to somebody who would know know about vowels. Its always fun to argue about the same thing using the same words only a bit different meaning and interpretations. I almost feel like you have said absolutely and completely nothing in your whole post, I almost felt brain numb reading it, and now I also to feel like I have said absolutely and completely nothing in this whole post I wrote, now I really do feel brain numb.

Bizarre indeed, here look at this whole black and white song, its words are not so black and white. However if this were to be a play and written down, it would not be understood. After all what is the difference between a tomato and a tomato? Again some things just do not translate all that well, or translate at all in certain mediums.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Okay, have a good bidet.
edit on Ram11018v50201800000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Think about this: whenever you are feeling irritable, there is a tacit quality of you being unjust to the others around you.

Because we want others to be as miserable...

Its okay to express feelings to others, not okay to direct them at others in order to feel better, by comparison.

Dragging people down to our level of disfunction.

new topics

top topics

join