It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of Trump's biggest supporters are furious about his 'lovefest' meeting on immigration

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Looks like the OP is AWOL

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smurfy

DACA is unconstitutional because it changed the immigration status of people through EO. That isn't constitutional and the courts said as much, but if DACA is added to an immigration bill, it does become constitutional because Congress has that authority unlike the president through EO.

I'm sure one of the few Anti-Trump/Anti-USA ATS members will start a thread on this soon...

A San Francisco judge ruled tonight that DACA can continue on, and on, and on... like the Energizer Bunny!
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Looks like Trump is on track to have accomplished something in a year and a half that the Obama administration only paid lip service to for 8 years.

Im glad to see a difintive resolution on the topic is near; who would have thought that it would take a Republican president to get it down.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

DACA is unconstitutional because it changed the immigration status of people through EO. That isn't constitutional and the courts said as much, but if DACA is added to an immigration bill, it does become constitutional because Congress has that authority unlike the president through EO.

I'm sure one of the few Anti-Trump/Anti-USA ATS members will start a thread on this soon...

A San Francisco judge ruled tonight that DACA can continue on, and on, and on... like the Energizer Bunny!
www.foxnews.com...

Oh no; did I speak to soon? Will the left really claim defeat out of the Jews of victory on this one? Now that the pressure is off Congress doesn't need to act anymore and the Dreamers can be left to languish in the gray area of legality for a long time to come.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Thanks for the giggle!

S. District Judge William Alsup on Tuesday ruled against Donald Trump’s decision to rescind DACA, granting a pretrial injunction that bars the administration from carrying out plans to scrap the program,

www.reuters.com... edName=newsOne

The decision comes as Trump on Tuesday held a bipartisan White House meeting on immigration reform, insisting any DACA resolution must also contain funding for a border wall, one of the president’s signature campaign promises.

Wait what, I thought Mexico was paying for the "Wall".
Another trump lie the suckers swallowed.

K~

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

lol...see ya.

edit on 10-1-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Wow.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

www.foxnews.com...

Oh no; did I speak to soon? Will the left really claim defeat out of the Jews of victory on this one? Now that the pressure is off Congress doesn't need to act anymore and the Dreamers can be left to languish in the gray area of legality for a long time to come.

This could be a GOOD THING. Congress can now focus on comprehensive immigration reform. DACA is no longer gumming up the works.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

There's no longer a need for Trump Wall anyway. Illegal US-Mex crossings are down 74% simply by enforcing laws and boosting border agent staffing. With further human and electronic deterrents, that 74% can be increased to a 90% reduction of illegals entering the USA.

I don't think MOST Trump supporters would mind at all, if President Trump/Congress decided to re-direct the billions of dollars that would have went to Trump-Wall, to making America greater in other ways.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

The time has hopefully come for Trumpers to become actual supporters like Ann Coulter rather than Kool-Aid-drinking cult members.

I'm not sure your point here... Are you saying most conservatives are against fixing DACA? No matter what we do we will need to compromise for no other reason then the liberals to say they got something too. I would think if the wall was part of the DACA fix then both sides win, right?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

www.foxnews.com...

This could be a GOOD THING. Congress can now focus on comprehensive immigration reform. DACA is no longer gumming up the works.

And they can be deported when the program runs out in March.

Ending the chain BS will put DACA relatives in a bad place. They can be deported even if DACAs get amnesty.

My wife has to apply for a green card if we want to live there. What's up with that BS?!

Trump told them to get it together and he will sign it.

He didn't say he'd sign anything they give him.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He's left the building chief. Gone.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   

There's no longer a need for Trump Wall anyway. Illegal US-Mex crossings are down 74% simply by enforcing laws and boosting border agent staffing. With further human and electronic deterrents, that 74% can be increased to a 90% reduction of illegals entering the USA.

I don't think MOST Trump supporters would mind at all, if President Trump/Congress decided to re-direct the billions of dollars that would have went to Trump-Wall, to making America greater in other ways.

No.

WALL is a must.

The cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what has already been spent and will be, for taking care of and dealing with illegals.

And how can anyone say it won't work if it hasn't been built?!

Anyone without a ticket has to leave. Period.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

No.

WALL is a must.

The cost is a drop in the bucket compared to what has already been spent and will be, for taking care of and dealing with illegals.

And how can anyone say it won't work if it hasn't been built?!

Anyone without a ticket has to leave. Period.

Isn't a wall kind of old-fashioned? Man has been building them since...well, forever! Why not a FORCE FIELD?
edit on 1/10/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

No, it has to do with the number of flags a topic gets and nothing to do with number of replies. Nice try though.

And no, I didn't flag the thread.
edit on 1/10/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The EO was temporary status, stuff like that is probably done all the time, however given to regard that people had participated in it, those who did should not be used as pawns in a political game played by of all things, a crooked President...that's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

The betrayal is on them, not us. Come legally and be supported.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: face23785

No, it has to do with the number of flags a topic gets and nothing to do with number of replies. Nice try though.

And no, I didn't flag the thread.

Try at asking a question? It was a legit question, I didn't know how that worked. Thanks for the info. Try not to imagine any more boogeymen where they don't exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join