It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of Trump's biggest supporters are furious about his 'lovefest' meeting on immigration

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: antiantonym

You should probably just go open a blog.

Where is the discussion aspect?

Again, quality, not quantity.

You're implying that there's not enough "discussion" from me, but I mentioned seven distinct issues in the original post. How many do you want?

You're also implying that the issue raised here isn't substantial enough. I couldn't disagree more. This is exactly the kind of criticism that we should be seeing from Trump supporters. It's significant because it's so rare.

The time has hopefully come for Trumpers to become actual supporters like Ann Coulter rather than Kool-Aid-drinking cult members.

Cool-aide drinking cult members??? Really?

You seem to forget Trump is bucking corporate supporting Republicans as well as the Dems on this issue.

Try developing a little pragmatism. I don't like it either. However, I WILL settle for financing the wall and chain immigration stopped in exchange for the kids staying....IF the door is closed for any more.

The very fact that Trump and Sessions, who is very vocal in his criticism of sanctuary cities, hasn't moved on Federal Obstruction of Justices Statutes and charged these Mayors and Governors is evidence that there's a compost load of resistance to that aspect of the Trump mandate.

We weren't gonna get everything we wanted right away anyways.

Deal with it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes this would be a termination of Obamas illegal policy.

However, he also stated quite clearly in his big immigration speech before being elected that he wanted to focus on getting rid of the bad illegals, and would then would be open to seeing what to do with those that were good.

What would you have him do?

I would guess that if he said to kick all dreamers out, you would criticize him for that.

But now you criticize him for supposedly backing down on a promise.

I think he i right on the most fundamental issue; DACA is not a Presidents decsion to make. It should be up to congress, and he can sign the law they pass.

Funny how he is called an authoritarian, where it was Obama that decided to make this unconstitutional authoritarian law in the first place. I guess authoritarianism is OK with some on the left as long as its their guy.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Mark Krikorian, the executive director of the hardliner Center for Immigration Studies, speculated on Twitter that should Trump cave to Democrats' demands, he likely won't last as president beyond the 2020 election cycle.

Mark Krikorian - Who is this , and why should I care ?
Center for Immigration Studies - a charity. Just another Liberal give me money and I will say what you want charity

Speculate

form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

Def by Google

Twitter - insignificant Social Media

Trump cave to Democrats' demands

Could a remark get any more biased than this ? One would have to reach very deep to best this one...

edit on 1/9/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes this would be a termination of Obamas illegal policy.

However, he also stated quite clearly in his big immigration speech before being elected that he wanted to focus on getting rid of the bad illegals, and would then would be open to seeing what to do with those that were good.

What would you have him do?

I would guess that if he said to kick all dreamers out, you would criticize him for that.

But now you criticize him for supposedly backing down on a promise.

I think he i right on the most fundamental issue; DACA is not a Presidents decsion to make. It should be up to congress, and he can sign the law they pass.

Funny how he is called an authoritarian, where it was Obama that decided to make this unconstitutional authoritarian law in the first place. I guess authoritarianism is OK with some on the left as long as its their guy.

They want to have their cake and eat it too. They want Trump to either do something they can falsely label racist, like just kick them all out, or try to get Trump voters to turn on him for not deporting every last one of them. Most of us knew all those illegals were never getting deported. He softened his position on that throughout the campaign, and virtually everyone who voted knew that. This is no surprise to most people.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It doesn't really surprise me.

Some are so ideologically fixated, that they have to adhere to everything their party says. It's almost scary.

And since they do it, they feel that everyone else does it as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They are also going to try their hardest to make even the tiniest compromise look like a total victory too. They have to because they risk losing their base otherwise.

Contrast that with the other side. We always knew there would be a compromise, but so long as we get the things we really want -- total border enforcement, an end to chain migration, possibly an end to birthright citizenship -- then letting them keep the DACA kids is a small enough price.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Trump said today in that meeting that he's willing to "take the heat" from Republicans, for signing a bi-partisan bill(s).

God I love people like him! (cause I'm the same way, LOL)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You should probably just go open a blog.

Where is the discussion aspect?

Again, quality, not quantity.

You're implying that there's not enough "discussion" from me, but I mentioned seven distinct issues in the original post. How many do you want?

You're also implying that the issue raised here isn't substantial enough. I couldn't disagree more. This is exactly the kind of criticism that we should be seeing from Trump supporters. It's significant because it's so rare.

The time has hopefully come for Trumpers to become actual supporters like Ann Coulter rather than Kool-Aid-drinking cult members.

How about you be critical of what you want and stop trying to tell others what they should be critical of?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Mark Krikorian, the executive director of the hardliner Center for Immigration Studies, speculated on Twitter that should Trump cave to Democrats' demands, he likely won't last as president beyond the 2020 election cycle.

Mark Krikorian - Who is this , and why should I care ?
Center for Immigration Studies - a charity. Just another Liberal give me money and I will say what you want charity

Speculate

form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

Def by Google

Twitter - insignificant Social Media

Trump cave to Democrats' demands

Could a remark get any more biased than this ? One would have to reach very deep to best this one...

The Left and the Establishment are terrified that Trump will do things that are well received by the majority of voters. They will do and say anything to try and make him look bad. Their only problem is that Trump is smarter than they are!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: face23785

They are also going to try their hardest to make even the tiniest compromise look like a total victory too. They have to because they risk losing their base otherwise.

Contrast that with the other side. We always knew there would be a compromise, but so long as we get the things we really want -- total border enforcement, an end to chain migration, possibly an end to birthright citizenship -- then letting them keep the DACA kids is a small enough price.

Agreed. The Trump haters think if Trump doesn't fulfill every campaign promise to a T the voters will be pissed. When was the last time any president fulfilled every single campaign promise? Most of us had more realistic expectations, like you just explained. It's just more wishful thinking from the anti-Trumpers. They could really use it lately.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Deetermined

Strict border enforcement and immigration controls along with an end to chain migration and possibly birthright citizenship in return for the DACA dreamers would be an acceptable horsetrade IMO.

I don’t agree , I should say I agree to an extent ....

My opinion is the only way to “seal” our borders isn’t w a wall, it’s not w more immigration reform, it’s making it too expensive for business owners to employ them....

W out jobs they have no reason to be here ....

This won’t happen though, too much money in lobbying from industries to keep hiring requirements lax.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That is also true.

Part of border control is enforcement of hiring practice though. You can't have one without the other.

The big issue after that is H1-B abuse.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am feeling nothing but hate for immigrants in this thread, but then Republicans say they don't hate immigrants when people call them on the obvious.

And this idea that something Obama did was sooo terrible, but if congress does the exact same thing then it's fine? Is it really worth all this hassle to destroy something and then redo the exact same thing just because you don't like the person that created it? It seems so crazy and unecessary to me and probably a lot of other sane people think the same thing.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sad to see that ATS has turned into a political tabloid machine these days. If you were here a few years ago you'd know just how drastically this place has changed in such a short time. If it didn't have ATS in the address bar I don't think I would recognize it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I am feeling nothing but hate for immigrants in this thread, but then Republicans say they don't hate immigrants when people call them on the obvious.

And this idea that something Obama did was sooo terrible, but if congress does the exact same thing then it's fine? Is it really worth all this hassle to destroy something and then redo the exact same thing just because you don't like the person that created it? It seems so crazy and unecessary to me and probably a lot of other sane people think the same thing.

You're only seeing what you want to see. You're blinded by your own hate.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sad to see that ATS has turned into a political tabloid machine these days. If you were here a few years ago you'd know just how drastically this place has changed in such a short time. If it didn't have ATS in the address bar I don't think I would recognize it.

Don't the number of replies have something to do with what makes the front page?

Way to go.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

[t's not that this matters in the long run. If Trump is the GOP's nominee in 2020, those criticizing him today over this will support him then.

I am very torn on DACA. On one hand, I believe it's unconstitutional. On the other hand, I feel like deporting those depending on it is a complete betrayal.
I would rather not have betrayal on my conscience.

At the conference today, Trump appeared to agree with everybody...at different times!
Never mentioned the wall though.

As for DACA I don't know, it should be obvious that those participating in DACA are part and parcel of the economy, plus the $500 they need to pay every so often, but then the constitution is about the country in some areas, not so much the people. But, on the other hand it is surely a betrayal of those that put their faith in becoming American citizens, and with a quick glance, it is a very complex situation to be resolved if litigation against the government should happen. then too the house had both parties critics when Trump first mooted ending this last year...
Anyway, the measure should be allowed to run it's course now, but Trump is thick, while his biggest personal mandate is that he doesn't care, nor is it really politics, other than soundbytes for followers...like he's 'doing something' because it's not making him any money.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Deetermined

Strict border enforcement and immigration controls along with an end to chain migration and possibly birthright citizenship in return for the DACA dreamers would be an acceptable horsetrade IMO.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on immigration too. I have no desire to deport people who were brought here as small children by their parents. Some seem to think those of us that want strict enforcement are heartless and want to deport everyone. I have a strong suspicion that most Trump supporters would be satisfied with your solution. I guess we shall have to wait and see what bill is or isn't passed and the response of the people.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

How about you be critical of what you want and stop trying to tell others what they should be critical of?

Well, he was, the OP sees DACA as something not constitutional..a dilemma with betrayal in other words....same as Guantanamo...which is still there.
What do you opt for?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

DACA is unconstitutional because it changed the immigration status of people through EO. That isn't constitutional and the courts said as much, but if DACA is added to an immigration bill, it does become constitutional because Congress has that authority unlike the president through EO.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join