It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Rep Steve Alford says african americans cant handle weed cause genetics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think I saw a movie with him in it once.

Steve McQueen film.

The guy was a prison warden who had that line, "Wut we have heah, is a failure to communicate!"

Actually that was "Cool Hand Luke" with Paul Newman. It was Strouther Martin that delivered that line.

Classic Oscar winning film.

www.imdb.com...

edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Lol this guys is making up things as he goes along. He hasn't done a single bit of serious study about the "why" marijuana was made illegal...but hey, on the bright side, he's just proven that he's an idiot.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Typical right wing idiot, showing his ignorance (weed), his racism (black folk are addicts) & finally topping it all off with the patented right wing projection (drug addicts in his white family).

People wonder how the country ends up with such morons for political office?
It's simple, people dumber than they are keep voting for them.

K~

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Politicians are so because they're not good at anything else but being idiots.

What I'm curious about is... What brought you to the point that made you think "I'm going to google 'black people can't handle their weed'"? I have to know this ... Think before you respond. Someone might call you racist

Why?

I would guess the same reason I googled it - to see if there was something to it.

A couple of years back two specific genes responsible for how marijuana affects you were isolated, so it is not unreasonable to assume that difference in genetic markups across races could make (in this case) blacks susceptible to more adverse side effects.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

I would guess the same reason I googled it - to see if there was something to it.

i was trying to find a super inappropriate meme

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
So is addiction a choice or is it genetic?

So the politician is saying blacks smoke weed because of genes, and everyone in this thread is saying that blacks just choose to break the law and smoke weed.

Maybe weed is just racist, like milk is

(post by EvidenceNibbler removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Does this guy have any proof of this? Like a scientific study? Collected statistics that show blacks smoke more weed and are affected negatively by it?
edit on 09pmTue, 09 Jan 2018 19:51:31 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
What more proof do you need than a film from the 30's?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I can drink your average person under the table and still tie my shoes.
A couple puffs of the herb and I am snoring in dream land.
That's about all I get out of it.
Different people have different metabolisms.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He's the one with bad juju genetics that has him stuck in the 30's.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: TinySickTears

sorry but that post is all kinds of weak ass lame bull#
just saying

What do the strong know about the weak?

That they crunch under my heel as i step on them?

Insert standard statement of outrage at typically mendacious politician

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think this is what Rep Steve was referring to.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I'll have to watch that, yeah I guess you're right, some people really do use stuff like this as the basis for their decisions.
edit on 09pmTue, 09 Jan 2018 22:40:09 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Southwest Ks where this idiot represents is a craphole with wheatfields, feedlots, and slaughterhouses. He is one of those special churchgoing people that actually have no compassion for anyone who does not look or act as he does. The sad truth is that he will not be leaving office and will most likely be re elected. The only african americans this jackass interacts with are the ones the local jayhawk junior college conference imports in to man their football and basketball programs.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Reminds me of old southern polititians with these off the wall remarks small wonder these are Democrat states,where they get idiots out of audience and say things like,"you can die of a heart attack after smoking pot" thats why the bible belt gets laughed at,we don't take you guys serious,and in all honesty do you blame us

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Reminds me of old southern politicians with these off the wall remarks small wonder these are Democrat states,where they get idiots out of audience and say things like,"you can die of a heart attack after smoking pot" thats why the bible belt gets laughed at,we don't take you guys serious,and in all honesty do you blame us

This specific politician is in Kansas, which has a Republican Governor and a Republican controlled State legislature (31 to 9 majority in the Senate & 85 to 40 majority in the House). And all of its members of Congress are Republicans. How is this supposedly a Democrat state? And aren't virtually all of the "Bible Belt" states controlled by Republicans?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

fee.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No wonder Trump made POTUS with retarded closet racists like this fool in existence.

Whats the bet if you were to ask the clown exactly what Deoxyribonucleic acid is he would not have a clue?

Also, im not seeing many, or any for that matter, black people in that room, where are they?

Must have all been to stoned to make the meeting.

Tell you this, that fool should be stoned, and not in the good way. LoL
edit on 10-1-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join